PDA

View Full Version : Mcgahee

BigGabes23
08-10-2006, 07:53 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-mcgahee&prov=ap&type=lgns

Just a thought...He had over 1,200 years and 4tds last year with a horrible o-line, questionable play calling, and 8 men in the box at all times....While our line is certinally not great this year, it is much improved...In what is turning into the weakest defensive division in football, I like his (and the Bills) chances this year.

Mudflap1
08-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Why should we assume our offensive line is "much improved?" Maybe they will be, but they have proven nothing yet. This time last year, we were all chuckling saying "that Bennie Anderson is a road grader" or "this should be the year Mike Williams breaks out." Let's see if the line gels first. If they do, McGahee will have a real good year. If they don't, it won't matter.

Jon

RedEyE
08-10-2006, 08:39 AM
On top of all that, I think that McGahee ran half-hearted most of the season last year. Imagine if he's fully motivated. The guy has so much potential to be one of the great backs. How will he respond this year?

Richard Gozinya
08-10-2006, 08:44 AM
The play calling last year would be better described as "ball-achingly idiotic" than "questionable."

Drive 4 Five
08-10-2006, 09:11 AM

Just a thought...He had over 1,200 years and 4tds last year with a horrible o-line, questionable play calling, and 8 men in the box at all times....

Good point BG21, yet we had to read (on this forum) all year long about what a P.O.S. this guy is, how he is overrated, how he should be traded, why didn't Marv trade away all his draft picks to move up and sign Reggie Bush, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...

:scratch:

Drive 4 Five
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
On top of all that, I think that McGahee ran half-hearted most of the season last year. Imagine if he's fully motivated. The guy has so much potential to be one of the great backs. How will he respond this year?

It seemed like the entire team played that way actually, as if the poor coaching, lack of leadership, and the loss of their inspirational leader, all sucked the life right out of them. If you go back and look at certain games, this team played brilliantly. This entire team has potential, imagine if they're motivated? The Bengals game is a great example. And the first game of the season against the Texans. The first game against division rival Miami. The game against the Chiefs. Anything is possible. I'm tired of all the negativity. Let's get in the damn spirit already and reserve judgement until at least after the first few games.

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Good point BG21, yet we had to read (on this forum) all year long about what a P.O.S. this guy is, how he is overrated, how he should be traded, why didn't Marv trade away all his draft picks to move up and sign Reggie Bush, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...

:scratch:don't forget how he was a PUNK for choosing to workout in Fla. In time we shall see if that was a good decision. So far , he hasn't disappointed.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-10-2006, 02:34 PM
don't forget how he was a PUNK for choosing to workout in Fla. In time we shall see if that was a good decision. So far , he hasn't disappointed.
This is the season for McGahee to show if he is over the knee injury and can regain the explosiveness he had in college. It should be encouraging to Bills fans that he is 10 lbs lighter this season.

I thought he was too heavy last season. He could have the same resurgence that Ricky Williams had when he dropped weight before the 2002 season.

MDFINFAN
08-10-2006, 02:42 PM

Just a thought...He had over 1,200 years and 4tds last year with a horrible o-line, questionable play calling, and 8 men in the box at all times....While our line is certinally not great this year, it is much improved...In what is turning into the weakest defensive division in football, I like his (and the Bills) chances this year.

:nono:

I can't say that's the case, mostly it's the O's that are weak.

!Papacrunk!
08-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Willis better hope that the QB that wins the job, shows why he won the job. Take it from me, I have experience watching a ProBowl running back face 8 men in the box since no one was scared of our QBs. He better do good, he's one of my RBs in one of my fantasy football leagues (just not against the Dolphins of course :) )

Richard Gozinya
08-10-2006, 10:30 PM
8 men in the box

Are you talking about Culpepper's boat ride again?

Captain gameboy
08-10-2006, 10:32 PM

:scratch:

Come on. Last year he was horriible.
Couldn't get to the corner. No stiff arm like his rookie year.
I thought he looked like any schmuck of the street, and disinterested at that.

Looks like hes sniffing that free agency coming up.