PDA

View Full Version : Most impressive guy at Camp is Roscoe

bigbub2352
08-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Roscoe Parrish was the one player that stood out to me at camp he has unbelievable speed and quickness, but the thing that he does better than any player on the team is his moves, and then righting himself and he is in full speed mode in like two strides,

i watched him play in college and he has moves campariable to Donte Hall but much better speed I think that if he is a 4th reveier in the formation he will be extremely hard to cover one on one and gives us an immmediate threat at WR, i hope he keeps it up because he catches everything and is not afraid of being hit, plus he does look like he added maybe 10 pounds, He should also be an electrfying punt returner as well,

I am very excited about what he brings to the team and think he will help a young JP alot if he ends up starting

Jan Reimers
08-10-2006, 10:27 AM
I've always thought that Roscoe was a great addition, despite many thinking that he is too small. But you can't teach blinding speed, moves and elusiveness.

I think he'll be a monster punt returner and a great slot receiver - or even a 2nd guy to Evans.

Mudflap1
08-10-2006, 10:28 AM
I hope you are right.

Jon

ICE74129
08-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey as long as the guy can stay healthy I don't think you will find one bills fan that won't like the kid.

Facts are though a 160lb guy is going to get crushed more often than not

Jan Reimers
08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey as long as the guy can stay healthy I don't think you will find one bills fan that won't like the kid.

Facts are though a 160lb guy is going to get crushed more often than not
Parrish is listed at 5'9"/168 lbs, which would make him a little lighter, but about the same height, as Santana Moss and Steve Smith. But, assuming that weight (or lack of bulk) is the real issue, he would have about the same frame as Marvin Harrison, who is a little taller and heavier, but about as thin as Roscoe.

There are a lot of small, wiry WRs in the league who play well and are not injured a disproportionate amount of time

RedEyE
08-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I'd love to see him returning punts. With his speed and elusiveness, which nearly mimics McGee, I foresee the Bills STs racking up several points this season.

ryjam282
08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Being a fan of the U, I can tell you that he is definitely fun to watch when he has the ball in space and there isn't many in the league that will run him down, especially from the slot or 4th WR spot. When we took him, I stated on here that he was a Peerless Price clone, decent receiver, makes some bonehead plays and isn't afraid to go over the middle. He could be what Az Hakim was to the greatest show on turf back in the day. There isn't too many nickle or dime corners that have the speed to keep up with him.

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Yo , OP. "I told you so" :snicker:

bigbub2352
08-10-2006, 12:19 PM
One of the other thinigs i noticed about him is he knows exactly when to turn it on and that is another thing you cant teach, the way i look at it he doesnt have to be 6'2 and 215lbs to run bye someone so hopefully he stays healthy

OpIv37
08-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Yo , OP. "I told you so" :snicker:

little early to be saying that, don't you think? You're saying I'm wrong based on on guy's opinion.

Goobylal
08-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Parrish is listed at 5'9"/168 lbs, which would make him a little lighter, but about the same height, as Santana Moss and Steve Smith. But, assuming that weight (or lack of bulk) is the real issue, he would have about the same frame as Marvin Harrison, who is a little taller and heavier, but about as thin as Roscoe.

There are a lot of small, wiry WRs in the league who play well and are not injured a disproportionate amount of time
Roscoe broke his wrist diving for a catch. In a situation like that, ANYONE could break their wrist. It's no different than what happened to Bruschi, i.e. a freak injury happening to anyone.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2006, 12:24 PM
little early to be saying that, don't you think? You're saying I'm wrong based on on guy's opinion.

Op do you want to be right or wrong in this instance?

OpIv37
08-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Op do you want to be right or wrong in this instance?

I want to be wrong about 90% of the stuff I've said because it means the Bills will do well. I'd love to see Roscoe be the next Steve Smith.

Unfortunately, me wanting something doesn't make it so.

Michael82
08-10-2006, 12:40 PM
He was the most impressive at camp last season too. :up:

Mitchy moo
08-10-2006, 12:41 PM
I want to be wrong about 90% of the stuff I've said because it means the Bills will do well. I'd love to see Roscoe be the next Steve Smith.

Unfortunately, me wanting something doesn't make it so.

Ok, just wanted clarify that for everyone.

bigbub2352
08-10-2006, 12:58 PM
plus he seams to be a team guy who was at all the OTA's and has bought into the system they are trying to install, he does have confidence in himself as well i heard an interveiw he gave on the radio, and form what icould understand he said he wants to be considered one of the best at whatever he is doing

Richard Gozinya
08-10-2006, 01:46 PM
He was also an excellent high school QB, and has a solid arm. Yet another weapon that Mularkey was unable to utilize.

Roscoe portrayed Eric Crotch from Nebraska on Miami's scout team in the practices leading up to the 2002 Rose Bowl. The defensive players after the game were talking about how they were glad they had to face Eric Crotch in the game, and not Roscoe.

dannyek71
08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
He was also an excellent high school QB, and has a solid arm. Yet another weapon that Mularkey was unable to utilize.

Roscoe portrayed Eric Crotch from Nebraska on Miami's scout team in the practices leading up to the 2002 Rose Bowl. The defensive players after the game were talking about how they were glad they had to face Eric Crotch in the game, and not Roscoe.

which is why MM had the only guy on the team with a broken wrist throw a 2 yard pass last year

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
This year he wont have that little cast on his wrist and im sure this offense will be more geared to get him in the open.

patmoran2006
08-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Parrish has been impressive.

but FAR and AWAY , nobody has been as impressive as Crowell.. This guy is flying around like an animal right now

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
little early to be saying that, don't you think? You're saying I'm wrong based on on guy's opinion.NA, remember who was my pick for CAMP surprise? I was right :D.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
little early to be saying that, don't you think? You're saying I'm wrong based on on guy's opinion..Thank god you said that, OP. For a second there I was worried I was wrong in supporting cutting Posey. :phew:

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 05:06 PM
.Thank god you said that, OP. For a second there I was worried I was wrong in supporting cutting Posey. :phew:
:snicker: Or calling the season a disaster.

!Papacrunk!
08-10-2006, 06:09 PM
not to hijack the thread, but I hope Willis will be impressive, he's one of my backs on one of my FF teams :)

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 06:20 PM
SAB what was that neg for :mad:

OpIv37
08-10-2006, 06:34 PM
NA, remember who was my pick for CAMP surprise? I was right :D.

according to this guy's opinion anyway....

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
according to this guy's opinion anyway....
and me and a lot of those who've been to the camp. Point is, Parrish was my pick to impress at camp that you were so quick to shoot down because of size. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
08-10-2006, 09:55 PM
and me and a lot of those who've been to the camp. Point is, Parrish was my pick to impress at camp that you were so quick to shoot down because of size. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize that size was a necessity for non-contact 7 on 7 drills and that camp success necessarily meant game success. You may be right as far as camp is concerned- that's a long way from Parrish being a success on the field.

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I didn't realize that size was a necessity for non-contact 7 on 7 drills and that camp success necessarily meant game success. You may be right as far as camp is concerned- that's a long way from Parrish being a success on the field.
who the hell was talking about game success? The thread was who's your pick to surprise at camp. I picked parrish and you whined. :snicker:

Mitchy moo
08-11-2006, 07:38 AM
All this preliminary BS is driving us all mad, bring on the reg. season!

OpIv37
08-11-2006, 07:47 AM
who the hell was talking about game success? The thread was who's your pick to surprise at camp. I picked parrish and you whined. :snicker:

congratu-****ing-lations. You picked a camp success. You were right.

But, camp is camp. It doesnt' mean anything until he performs during games.

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 07:53 AM
But, camp is camp. It doesnt' mean anything until he performs during games. So what was your point in whining about a player since camp is camp? Oh yeah, you just had the need to B1tch about nothing. Rather than not say anything at all, you just had to shoot the guy down.

OpIv37
08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
So what was your point in whining about a player since camp is camp? Oh yeah, you just had the need to B1tch about nothing. Rather than not say anything at all, you just had to shoot the guy down.

If a player performs well in camp, it's a good sign but doesn't necessarily mean he'll perform well in games.

Same goes for a player doing poorly in camp, however, it's not too likely that a guy who struggles in camp is gonna get suddenly good once the games count.

Saratoga Slim
08-11-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm really excited to see what Crowell brings to the table this year. It's nice to see unheralded guys like he and McGee develop within the system.

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 09:01 AM
If a player performs well in camp, it's a good sign but doesn't necessarily mean he'll perform well in games.

.I know that. But who's talking about regular games. The subject was CAMP. Well you WERE WRONG! :crazy:

BTW, you should apply that logic w/ Posey who hasn't done SQUAT at REGULAR games yet you b!tch about his release. :coocoo:

bigbub2352
08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Crowell did look awesome, lika a playmaker when i went to camp on Tuesday night, but i will tell u guys that Roscoe was all over the place on OFF, and he caatches everything, and it is nice to see a guy of his potential working hard to get better not sitting on it like MIke Williams, or even Kevin Everett who has looked horrible so far. i think Roscoe will do nothing but help this team and will be a great offensive threat for us this season, right it down i said it

patmoran2006
08-11-2006, 10:51 AM
WRITE this down..

The MOST impressive guy in camp is Crowell.... He's playing like he wants a trip to Hawaii within the next 2 or so years.

bigbub2352
08-11-2006, 11:10 AM
wow, i guess you didnt see that i agreed with you, no problem, anyways Crowell should look outstanding he played in 12 games last year as a starter plus this is his 4 th year in the league so he should be heading into his prime, i started the thread to talk about a guy who was hurt all last year (rookie) and now looks like he is coming into his own as a playmaker and might be able to help our pathetic offense from last year,

ublinkwescore
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
WRITE this down..

The MOST impressive guy in camp is Crowell.... He's playing like he wants a trip to Hawaii within the next 2 or so years.

Sweet - it would be awesome to see all three of our starting linebackers make it to Hawaii (London Fletcher's been to a probowl or two already, Spikes I don't even need to mention - if Crowell steps up like that, our Defense will turn heads this year - Our D-line is looking like it could be solidified for a while - since kicking @$$ is all that Kyle Williams knows (not sure who I'm quoting with that remark) and we all know I don't have to mention our DBs... It's just gonna take a few growing pains and some gelling and we'll be set on the defensive side of the ball for like half a decade.

bigbub2352
08-11-2006, 01:31 PM
i agree, the def in my opinion just needs another DE opposite Schobel and it has the makings to be outstanding

OpIv37
08-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I know that. But who's talking about regular games. The subject was CAMP. Well you WERE WRONG! :crazy:

BTW, you should apply that logic w/ Posey who hasn't done SQUAT at REGULAR games yet you b!tch about his release. :coocoo:

for the last ****ing time, I was not *****ing about Posey's release. I was *****ing about only having two starting LB's when we need 3.

Goobylal
08-11-2006, 02:11 PM
What's the story on Everett? I'm not ready to write him off until next year, since it takes an ACL well over a year to fully heal.

In the meantime, I'm glad Royal is looking really good.

bigbub2352
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
From what i have seen and heard Everett has looked awful, he is very lacsadasical at practice and he has had some drops, hopefully he is a gamer because right now he is 3 on the depth chart, u might see the Bills look to see what Vet TE's get cut maybe to add some insurance here if they end up cutting him, i hope they dont and see how he does in the preseason

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
for the last ****ing time, I was not *****ing about Posey's release. I was *****ing about only having two starting LB's when we need 3.

Wrong, we have more than 3 which is why our coaches cut him. They see what goes on at camp but since you don't think anything at camp matters....

:snicker:

bigbub2352
08-11-2006, 02:46 PM
fletcher spikes crowell
haggan stamer watson
ellison ezekeil digorgio
hunter

bigbub2352
08-11-2006, 02:48 PM
i would take all but two of those guys over posey