PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic, Interactive 2006 NFL Schedule...

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
All:

The newest version of my dynamic, interactive 2006 NFL Schedule is now complete!

I have incorporated data from NFL.com and DirecTV.com, while accounting for all byes, games, times, networks, NFL Sunday Ticket channels, etc!!

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madforplaid/nfl_schedule.html

To view a particular team's schedule, click on their helmet image to open up a new browser window displaying their 2006 NFL Schedule. Additionally, I have provided quick reference images/radio buttons below the current team's crest image to view and alternate between each division opponent's schedule.

The week radio buttons are used to display in a new browser window the schedule for a given week including all byes and games for each team.

Within all schedules, team as well as week, click on an image to open up a new browser window of that team's official website, NFL.com, or SuperBowl.com respectively.

Regarding any formatting/display issues, I have tailored the website for Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) only since the coding takes such an extensive amount of time. Simply use IE (screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels) instead of other browsers!!

Hours upon hours go into this code every year. The reason being because NFL.com and DirecTV.com continually change their websites, i.e. update their look and feel! This forces me to rewrite my code to capture all schedule data accordingly.

I use VBA (Excel web query macros) each year to generate the JavaScript code used to populate all the data. Without VBA, manually creating the JavaScript would be a nightmare for each new season's schedule.

Others have suggested tailoring the NFL Schedule to a user's location, i.e. time zone, etc., factoring in local channels, and creating versions compatible with all browsers. So, for next season, these become my next challenges!

If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know.

Enjoy,

MadForPlaid

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey MFP- great stuff!

Can we incorporate this into our front page with your permission?

Also- how are you going to adjust for the flexible schedule?

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey MFP- great stuff!

Can we incorporate this into our front page with your permission?

Also- how are you going to adjust for the flexible schedule?

Dozerdog,

Yes, by all means, please go ahead and add it. This is why I created it; I did so for a quick reference for all to enjoy!!

Regarding the flex schedule, once they are announced in the days beforehand for the final weeks of the season, I will immediately rerun my VBA macros to generate the new JavaScript and update the necessary HTML/JS files!

I may even update the NFL schedule for all time zones this season time permitting.

More later,

MadForPlaid

Mitchy moo
08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
great job plaid, great to have you here!

Gunzlingr
08-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Fantastic work MFP!! Welcome aboard.

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Skooby/Gunzlingr,

Thanks for the kudos!

MadForPlaid

Don't Panic
08-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Very nice work... you do the Bills fanbase proud.

Patrick76777
08-10-2006, 02:23 PM
All:

The newest version of my dynamic, interactive 2006 NFL Schedule is now complete!

I have incorporated data from NFL.com and DirecTV.com, while accounting for all byes, games, times, networks, NFL Sunday Ticket channels, etc!!

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madforplaid/nfl_schedule.html

To view a particular team's schedule, click on their helmet image to open up a new browser window displaying their 2006 NFL Schedule. Additionally, I have provided quick reference images/radio buttons below the current team's crest image to view and alternate between each division opponent's schedule.

The week radio buttons are used to display in a new browser window the schedule for a given week including all byes and games for each team.

Within all schedules, team as well as week, click on an image to open up a new browser window of that team's official website, NFL.com, or SuperBowl.com respectively.

Regarding any formatting/display issues, I have tailored the website for Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) only since the coding takes such an extensive amount of time. Simply use IE (screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels) instead of other browsers!!

Hours upon hours go into this code every year. The reason being because NFL.com and DirecTV.com continually change their websites, i.e. update their look and feel! This forces me to rewrite my code to capture all schedule data accordingly.

I use VBA (Excel web query macros) each year to generate the JavaScript code used to populate all the data. Without VBA, manually creating the JavaScript would be a nightmare for each new season's schedule.

Others have suggested tailoring the NFL Schedule to a user's location, i.e. time zone, etc., factoring in local channels, and creating versions compatible with all browsers. So, for next season, these become my next challenges!

If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know.

Enjoy,

MadForPlaid

I don't get it?

SquishDaFish
08-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Mad do you post on the tivo board? LMAO Someone put that same thing up over there was it you??

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't get it?

Patrick76777,

What don't you get?

I created this and am sharing it with others so that it is a quick, accurate NFL schedule reference for all to enjoy especially those with DirecTV!!

MadForPlaid

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Mad do you post on the tivo board? LMAO Someone put that same thing up over there was it you??

BillsIN05,

Yup, I did so on TiVoCommunity.com (HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs) for their benefit as well!!

MadForPlaid

SquishDaFish
08-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Im a lurker over there.

hammerbillsfan
08-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Good stuff MFP! :up: :beers:

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Good stuff MFP! :up: :beers:

Thanks to you as well!!!

I have to hand it to the Bills' fans - I have posted this on the other NFL team's sites, and by far you guys have been the most appreciative and cordial!!

For example, you reaction is a small cry from that of the Jets' fans: http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=238604

Thanks again,

MadForPlaid

shelby
08-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks! Nice work!
:beers:

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks! Nice work!
:beers:

shelby,

Again, thanks much!!

A few teams' sites have moved or closed the thread thinkin I was trying to make money.

Oh well, at least you guys make it worthwhile!!

MadForPlaid

shelby
08-10-2006, 06:28 PM
If you want money, you came to the wrong website.
We're cheap bastards around here.
:D

Thanks again-

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks to you as well!!!

I have to hand it to the Bills' fans - I have posted this on the other NFL team's sites, and by far you guys have been the most appreciative and cordial!!

For example, you reaction is a small cry from that of the Jets' fans: http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=238604

Thanks again,

MadForPlaid :jetsuck:

djjimkelly
08-10-2006, 08:39 PM
honestly knowing when bills are on in HD and HD schedule is only thing that really matters

MadForPlaid
08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
honestly knowing when bills are on in HD and HD schedule is only thing that really matters

Another fine idea for the future!!