PDA

View Full Version : "Veteran Kelly Holcomb appears to be losing ground to J.P. Losman"

Yasgur's Farm
08-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Sorry if posted already... I did a quick check.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/08/09/postcard.bills/index.html

"We're not expecting Bills head coach Dick Jauron to come out and declare a winner just yet, but the dots are starting to get connected in favor of quarterback J.P. Losman."

Michael82
08-10-2006, 12:56 PM
:pray:

MDFINFAN
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
JP can be a good QB in this league, he's shown flashes before, but you have to have the coaching staff behind you to gain any kind of confidence...he didn't have that before, so this year he may emerge.. His surrounding cast will have to step up though..

Kerr
08-10-2006, 02:59 PM
JP can be a good QB in this league, he's shown flashes before, but you have to have the coaching staff behind you to gain any kind of confidence...he didn't have that before, so this year he may emerge.. His surrounding cast will have to step up though..

Yeah, you liked when he started off the game throwing 3 tds in miami, huh? :D

MDFINFAN
08-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah, you liked when he started off the game throwing 3 tds in miami, huh? :D

Actually, that was impressive, but I saw a number of other games and he looks poised as much as a 2nd year QB at the time, could look behind a suspect OL. I just think he needed the backing of the coaches to relax and grow, which he didn't get the last 2 years. If he starts this year, it may be special for him.

Michael82
08-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Actually, that was impressive, but I saw a number of other games and he looks poised as much as a 2nd year QB at the time, could look behind a suspect OL. I just think he needed the backing of the coaches to relax and grow, which he didn't get the last 2 years. If he starts this year, it may be special for him.
Excellent post! This is what I've been saying. I can't believe i'm going to do this....but :posrep: to a Fin fan.

Saratoga Slim
08-10-2006, 03:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/08/09/postcard.bills/index.html

"We're not expecting Bills head coach Dick Jauron to come out and declare a winner just yet, but the dots are starting to get connected in favor of quarterback J.P. Losman."

I read this article earlier today on cnnsi.com, and am curious what Banks is basing this on. It clearly isn't from the coaching staff's public statements. I wonder if he was just watching practice, or if he got some dirt from the coaching staff, players, or someone else in the know. Everything else I've read has offered the opinion that Losman SHOULD start, but this is the first report that I've seen indicating that he's LIKELY to start. How bout a footnote next time, Don Banks.

ICE74129
08-10-2006, 03:46 PM

It is a sad sad day when a fin fan understands and some bills fans have no clue :-)

Great post btw

ublinkwescore
08-10-2006, 03:49 PM

Hale-freakin'-lujah!!!

patmoran2006
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Havent you all said Banks sucks (the writer) about a million times on here?

BillsFever21
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Havent you all said Banks sucks (the writer) about a million times on here?

You should know most Bills fans by now. The writer can be considered good or bad depending on if that story matches their opinion and can change week to week.

Drive 4 Five
08-10-2006, 06:39 PM
You should know most Bills fans by now. The writer can be considered good or bad depending on if that story matches their opinion and can change week to week.

:D

This is true.

Drive 4 Five
08-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Taking into consideration that NOTHING has been decided YET, is anyone on here REALLY surprised that Losman is beginning to wrest the starting job from Holcomb? Seriously.

YardRat
08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Peter King, in this week's SI mag...

"Is Losman, a 2004 first-rounder, the QB of the future? After a 2-7 record as a starter in 2005, he still has plenty to prove,"

Philagape
08-10-2006, 06:54 PM
As a 7-18 career starter, Holcomb has just as much to prove.

shelby
08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Holcomb got the nod to start Saturday.
buffalobills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3957)