• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Brooking to Stay in Atlanta

107.7 WNSA reported that Brooking signed a contract somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 years, $40 million. I don't know how much the signing bonus was, and no I don't have a link. With this signing setting the market price for linebackers, I would say that Spikes is going to get a similar contract if not more.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

The signing bonus was for around 10.5 million. I would be shocked if the Bengals match a deal like that if Takeo was offered similar money.
    I also don't see the Bengals keeping the #1 pick because it would cost too much to keep but that is another story. They will use the song and dance of we traded down to fill more holes because we have more than one hole to fill.

Comment

• BLeonard
      BoB Sabermetrician
      • Jan 2003

Just one day after Atlanta Falcons officials publicly declared an impasse in negotiations, the team on Thursday evening reached a new six-year contract agreement with Keith Brooking, a deal that will keep the team's star middle linebacker off the unrestricted free agent market.

There's a link...

That pretty much takes them out of the Peerless Price Sweepstakes... Washington has turned their attention towards David Boston. If I were Price, I'd get a contract in place before teams don't have any money to offer him.

-Bill

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

It really is amazing how fast money disappears in FA and we are not even there yet. If Washington signs Boston then Arizona does not have any quality WR's so they may be in the market for Price.
        Atlanta has to realize they still need to improve there team because in order to reach the super bowl they can not just rely on signing there own. With that said they will probably either draft a WR or sign a veteren FA WR cheap later in the FA period. I do not think they can afford Price now.

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

This also could be part of TD's plan. Let the other teams who would be interested in Price sign other free agents, thus filling their needs. He then would have more bargaining power with Price and his agent. There aren't that many teams who are going to give or can afford the money that Price wants.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
          X