PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else hoping that Holcomb has a terrible game on Saturday?

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:36 PM
It's only preseason, so I can cheer against Holcomb and still be a Bills fan. Anyone else hoping Holcomb is terrible on Sat? Whatever it takes to keep the career backup on the bench in the regular season...

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Jauron went on to say that the decision was based on age and seniority. :rolleyes: I'm beginning to think Jauron is a complete idiot.

shelby
08-10-2006, 08:38 PM
i'm with you log!
:hi5:

Philagape
08-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Jauron went on to say that the decision was based on age and seniority.

Then Jack Kemp should be the starter.

kinigirly
08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
jauron has always looked like a special needs graduate to me......he just doesn't look right :ill:

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 08:42 PM
How about rooting for Holcomb to have a good game, and JP to have a better game?

shelby
08-10-2006, 08:43 PM
How about rooting for Holcomb to have a good game, and JP to have a better game?
That's like telling Op to have a nice day.
:cynic:

The_Philster
08-10-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't think we need to hope. Carolina has a strong defense...they'll eat him alive

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
How about rooting for Holcomb to have a good game, and JP to have a better game? Nope! No reason to take chances! That's what causes these QB carousels. JP has a bad half of football and he gets pulled because maybe Holcomb will give the team a "spark." I'm so sick of JP not getting a chance to succeed.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
:rolleyes: I'm beginning to think Jauron is a complete idiot.

Would you rather see JP start this week and Holcomb next week?

Both are getting equal time the first two games with the starters- I'd rather have Holcomb start on the road and JP start at home myself.

The_Philster
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
The Dog raises an interesting point :scratch:

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:46 PM

Both are getting equal time the first two games with the starters- I'd rather have Holcomb start on the road and JP start at home myself.
I'd rather see JP start both weeks! Holcomb is not the answer.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Nope! No reason to take chances! That's what causes these QB carousels. JP has a bad half of football and he gets pulled because maybe Holcomb will give the team a "spark." I'm so sick of JP not getting a chance to succeed.Great- let our recievers, OL, and backs suffer because we want someone to fail miserably.

We should be rooting for JP to win the job, and for Holcomb to prove he can win with this team if JP ever goes down with an injury.

That's like cutting off your head because you don't like the hat you are wearing. It's ******ed.

shelby
08-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Are you implying that log is ******ed, Dozer?

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 08:50 PM
So if Losman reverts to his 83 yard efforts like last year you don't want a plan B ready to go?

******ed

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I'd like to see JP undisputedly win the job and Nall beat out Kelly for the no. 2 spot.

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Are you implying that log is ******ed, Dozer? troublemaker. I like that :naughty:

Dozerdog
Are you implying that log is ******ed, Dozer?

I think rooting for your team to fail miserably because you don't like a player or coach is ******ed

Become a fin fan if you want to see the Bills lose. I have no use for turncoats

lordofgun
Great- let our recievers, OL, and backs suffer because we want someone to fail miserably.

We should be rooting for JP to win the job, and for Holcomb to prove he can win with this team if JP ever goes down with an injury.

That's like cutting off your head because you don't like the hat you are wearing. It's ******ed.
I think we should have cut Holcomb in the offseason. He'll never be satisfied as a backup, and the locker room will be divided again...

We all know exactly what Holcomb can do - an occasional win here and there by playing it ultra-safe. I don't need to see him prove anything.

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I'd like to see JP undisputedly win the job and Nall beat out Kelly for the no. 2 spot.
:bf1:

Iehoshua
08-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Cut Holcancer!

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:54 PM
So if Losman reverts to his 83 yard efforts like last year you don't want a plan B ready to go?

******ed Holcomb's level of play during the season isn't dependent on him having a good game on Saturday. The starting job on the other hand could be handed to Holcomb if he has a good game. Thus I hope Holcomb has a terrible game. It's best for the Bills' future.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 08:54 PM
I think we should have cut Holcomb in the offseason. He'll never be satisfied as a backup, and the locker room will be divided again...

We all know exactly what Holcomb can do - an occasional win here and there by playing it ultra-safe. I don't need to see him prove anything.

If the Bills are 8-6 and JP has a swollen knee - who would you want to try and sneak the Bills into the playoffs?

Holcomb or a guy we have only seen in mini camp?

Maybe Kliff Kingsbury or Craig Ochs?

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Holcomb's level of play during the season isn't dependent on him having a good game on Saturday. The starting job on the other hand could be handed to Holcomb if he has a good game. Thus I hope Holcomb has a terrible game. It's best for the Bills' future.

I doubt anything will be handed to anyone off of 1 quarter or two in a preseason game.

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
If the Bills are 8-6 and JP has a swollen knee - who would you want to try and sneak the Bills into the playoffs?

Holcomb or a guy we have only seen in mini camp?

Maybe Kliff Kingsbury or Craig Ochs?
I would have cut Holcomb and brought in another experienced backup QB.

justasportsfan
Holcomb's level of play during the season isn't dependent on him having a good game on Saturday. The starting job on the other hand could be handed to Holcomb if he has a good game. Thus I hope Holcomb has a terrible game. It's best for the Bills' future.don't forget, Jauron tends to lean towards the experienced guy.

If anything, this could be a blessing in disguise. The panthers starters are gonna be hungry since it's the first game after a long offseason. They're tired of hitting each other.

lordofgun
I doubt anything will be handed to anyone off of 1 quarter or two in a preseason game.
Like I said...no need to take chances!

lordofgun
don't forget, Jauron tends to lean towards the experienced guy.

If anything, this could be a blessing in disguise. The panthers starters are gonna be hungry since it's the first game after a long offseason. They're tired of hitting each other.
I hope you're right!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Holcomb: 3 picks and a fumble, then misses the plane home. Gets lost in Carolina and ends up picking peanuts on a plantation, having forgotten his name.

shelby
08-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Honestly, i don't give a :curse: who our starting QB is.
In an ideal world, it would be Losman, due to his youth, skills, and the investment that was made. But if he can't get it done, i'm all for starting whoever can get some points on the board.

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:59 PM
In an ideal world, it would be Losman, due to his youth, skills, and the investment that was made. But if he can't get it done, i'm all for starting whoever can get some points on the board.
We know for a fact that's not Holcomb.

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 08:59 PM
BTW, as soon as Losman is named our starting QB, and I have confidence that he'll be given a fair chance, I'll be rooting for Holcomb to do well in preseason.

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 09:01 PM

I agree. We tend to forget that KH is on our side. Let's put it this way, it's all about JP. If he doesn't beat out KH , it's all on him. That's not KH's fault.

Now if Dick decides to start KH even though JP has proven to be better. That's where hell will break lose.

Tatonka
08-10-2006, 09:01 PM

exactly.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Listen to yourselves guys.

If Holcomb stinks like you say, then it will show against a top 5 super bowl contender on the road.

If Holcomb somehow "lights it up" against a superior team, then he must not stink as much as everyone says. It contradicts your own argument.

Yeah- we wouldn't want the team to build confidence on the road against top competition. We want to think small and petty.

It's like the argument of "Let's lose the last 5 games so we get a good draft pick" ****** logic. The young players don't learn how to win (winning is taught- it just doesn't happen) and when we draft a guy no one expected with that "lofty" pick- you feel cheated anyways.

Just root for a godddamn win for christ's sake. They will come few and far between anyway.

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 09:03 PM

If Holcomb stinks like you say, then it will show against a top 5 super bowl contender on the road.

If Holcomb somehow "lights it up" against a superior team, then he must not stink as much as everyone says. It contradicts your own argument.

Yeah- we wouldn't want the team to build confidence on the road against top competition. We want to think small and petty.

It's like the argument of "Let's lose the last 5 games so we get a good draft pick" ****** logic. The young players don't learn how to win (winning is taught- it just doesn't happen) and when we draft a guy no one expected with that "lofty" pick- you feel cheated anyways.

Just root for a ******* win for christ's sake. They will come few and far between anyway.
But I don't care about preseason wins. I only care that Holcomb is not the starter because that's what's best for this team.

And it's just like Holcomb to light it up against a superior team then to stink in the regular season when anointed the starter.

The_Philster
08-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Just root for a ******* win for christ's sake. They will come few and far between anyway.You DO realize it's a preseason game, right? We had a losing record in those during the Super Bowl years....

shelby
08-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Just root for a godddamn win for christ's sake. They will come few and far between anyway.

http://i.xanga.com/closeted_drag_queen/t/You%20Make%20Kitty%20Scared.jpg

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 09:05 PM
right now I;m just hoping for an injury free preseason. winning comes during regular season.

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Phil's on my side. That's how I know I'm right.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
It's an opportunity for our OL to jell, our WRs to fight for a spot on the roster, and our RB to get used to who's blocking for him.

How the fart are we going to do that if you guys want Holcomb to go 3 and out, or turn over the ball?

The_Philster
08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Phil's on my side. That's how I know I'm right.
:laughter:
Yeah. but I'm not hoping for Holcomb to have a bad game...I've already got a good feeling he'll do that without our wishes..and I certainly won't be upset if he lives down to my expectations ;)

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Phil's on my side. That's how I know I'm right.Must be getting crowded behind the bushes.

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 09:08 PM
don't forget , this decision will piss off JP. Remember the chip on the shoulder after getting benched last year? This could work psychologically in Jp's favor.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:10 PM
don't forget , this decision will piss off JP. Remember the chip on the shoulder after getting benched last year? This could work psychologically in Jp's favor.Whatever crazy fantasy/theory works for ya, I'm all for it! :up:

Maybe JP will wear his lucky underwear. Whatever works

lordofgun
08-10-2006, 09:11 PM
don't forget , this decision will piss off JP. Remember the chip on the shoulder after getting benched last year? This could work psychologically in Jp's favor.
Hope so!

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2006, 09:17 PM
To be honest, the fact that JP isn't starting means (to me) that he hasn't done enough to win the job. And if you can't be a piece of s*** like KH, then you don't deserve to start.

That said, I would still rather JP start even if he looked worse in camp, because "you never know".

Still, the fact that KH is starting is a harbinger of the dismal season to come IMO.

billsburgh
08-10-2006, 09:27 PM

good points Dozer. here's to hoping that Holcomb sucks ass and JP lights it up. Holcomb has done nothing to this point to earn the job as so many say that JP needs to do.

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:27 PM
This sounds terrible, but I much rather have had Holcomb suffer the hamstring injury than Nall. At least then we could've seen what Losman and Nall could do and not have to watch "noodle arm" in there with the 1st team.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm not sitting through another season of dink and dunk football because Holcomb can only throw an accurate 5 yard pass. I'm just not doing it.

Wait til you see Jauron's gameplan with Holcomb as the starter on Saturday night. Pretend we are playing NE in week one. It's going to be the same. Same QB, same gameplan, same result.

Yes, I am very frustrated. Let's waste more valuable time on our 33 year old backup. JP should be starting with the first string.

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:30 PM
To be honest, the fact that JP isn't starting means (to me) that he hasn't done enough to win the job. And if you can't be a piece of s*** like KH, then you don't deserve to start.

That said, I would still rather JP start even if he looked worse in camp, because "you never know".

Still, the fact that KH is starting is a harbinger of the dismal season to come IMO.

Holcomb has been the worse in camp than Losman, so I don't know where you're getting that from. Also, what does this say for Jauron's "so-called" talk about the player who performs better will win the job? If this was so, then Losman would be starting. All reports coming out of Bills camp have stated that JP has been better...why is he not starting?

djjimkelly
08-10-2006, 09:31 PM
I HOPE HE BREAKS HIS NECK. like ive said i could handle if jp doesnt get nod just not to him. hes a complete waste of time at qb in everyway for this organization

John Doe
08-10-2006, 09:33 PM

DD is right on the mark, as usual.

Jauron is setting JP up for success, not failure. Starting at home when the offensive line has a game under its belt is the best thing that could happen to him.

!Papacrunk!
08-10-2006, 09:38 PM
This reminds me of the bad ol days. The epic battle between Jay Fiedler and AJ Feeley. Journeyman quarterback and a young guy that goes by his initials. The only difference is that AJ wasn't a 1st rounder, just an overinflated 2nd round pick. Cough.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
We're Compared to 2004 fin fans. You guys happy now? :mad:

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:42 PM
This reminds me of the bad ol days. The epic battle between Jay Fiedler and AJ Feeley. Journeyman quarterback and a young guy that goes by his initials. The only difference is that AJ wasn't a 1st rounder, just an overinflated 2nd round pick. Cough.

Papacrunk, if I was a Fins fan...I would be asking why the hell my star QB is starting a meaningless preseason game? I think it's a little ego coming into play from Culpepper & Saban. I wouldn't want him playing until maybe the last preseason game, if that. What's your take?

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:43 PM
We're Compared to 2004 fin fans. You guys happy now? :mad:

Except there is more talent on this team, than that team.

!Papacrunk!
08-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Papacrunk, if I was a Fins fan...I would be asking why the hell my star QB is starting a meaningless preseason game? I think it's a little ego coming into play from Culpepper & Saban. I wouldn't want him playing until maybe the last preseason game, if that. What's your take?
He's been medically cleared. He's got to play sometime and he's been pretty solid even since the OTAs. What difference does a week make. I think some peeps are dissapointed that his recovery has been going quite well. I really doubt it's ego, or Saban thinking that he'll look real cool by playing Culpepper. But that's a whole different thread, this one is all about some Bills fan(s) hoping one of your QBs plays horribly and the positive and negative reaction to that statement.

!Papacrunk!
08-10-2006, 09:56 PM
I HOPE HE BREAKS HIS NECK. like ive said i could handle if jp doesnt get nod just not to him. hes a complete waste of time at qb in everyway for this organization

Yeesh, I hope you're kidding about hoping he breaks his neck (well you did use all caps, lol,) if not that's pretty cold.

Michael82
08-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Go Carolina Defense!!! I want to see Kelly Holcomb get sacked 4 times and throw 2 Interceptions, plus fumble the ball once. I also want to see JP Losman throw for 200+ yards in the time he plays and 2 or 3 Touchdowns! :up:

Michael82
08-10-2006, 10:09 PM

Great post! I hope Holcomb does soo bad out there in the preseason that he gets cut. I don't want that cancer on this team, come week 1! :shakeno:

YardRat
08-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Soooo predictable.

If anybody isn't sick of the Losman vs. Holcomb threads by now, just wait...by mid-season you will be for sure.

I hope both QB's perform at least adequately enough that it doesn't throw off the rest of the offense, and the other 10 players on the field get a chance to work on their games also.

If we're lucky, one QB will distinguish himself over the other the first two games of the pre-season and we can get ready for the opener with no doubt what the starting 11 will be.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Great post! I hope Holcomb does soo bad out there in the preseason that he gets cut. I don't want that cancer on this team, come week 1! :shakeno:

Parrot says *SQUAWK*

Michael82
08-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Soooo predictable.

If anybody isn't sick of the Losman vs. Holcomb threads by now, just wait...by mid-season you will be for sure.

And thats why I want Losman to win the job and then Holcomb to get cut. Then we can see an end to those idiotic threads. :clap:

BillsFever21
08-11-2006, 01:22 AM
It's only preseason, so I can cheer against Holcomb and still be a Bills fan. Anyone else hoping Holcomb is terrible on Sat? Whatever it takes to keep the career backup on the bench in the regular season...

I don't wish serious injury on anybody but minor injuries isn't a big deal. I wouldn't be upset if he got dinged up and was gonna be sidelined for the next 2 months.

BillsFever21
08-11-2006, 01:36 AM
good points Dozer. here's to hoping that Holcomb sucks ass and JP lights it up. Holcomb has done nothing to this point to earn the job as so many say that JP needs to do.

Good point. WTH has Holcomb ever done in his career that makes people say that JP has to earn the starting job over Holcomb.

Holcomb has a career record of 7-13. This isn't a QB competition between an old Brett Farve and JP. The only thing Holcomb has ever proved is that he sucks.

And sometimes with preseason games things can be the opposite. Starters who have been around the block for years and/or with the team doesn't care about preseason. They will take some snaps. They're not gonna give it their all. They are set with their spot on the team. They just wanna come out of the game without an injury.

It's the backups fighting for positions and their name on the team that will try harder and give more of an effort.

If Holcomb even wins this job I will lose all faith in Jauron(not that I have much to begin with) and will lose interst altogether.

Watching an old loser like Holcomb lead our team to 4 wins won't excite me any. I work nights and if I don't wake up for the game who the hell cares anymore. I won't be missing anything fun with Holcomb leading the charge of 4 yard outs and 12 losses during the season.

Michael82
08-11-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't wish serious injury on anybody but minor injuries isn't a big deal. I wouldn't be upset if he got dinged up and was gonna be sidelined for the next 2 months.
:clap:

I wish that he was the one who pulled his hamstring and not Nall. i have a feeling that the competition would have been a lot hotter if it was Losman against Nall.

BillsFever21
08-11-2006, 01:43 AM
:clap:

I wish that he was the one who pulled his hamstring and not Nall. i have a feeling that the competition would have been a lot hotter if it was Losman against Nall.

Me too. I usually don't wish serious injury but if that's what it takes to get Holcomb off the field to improve the future of this team then I hope somebody pulls a Carson Palmer on him Saturday.

!Papacrunk!
08-11-2006, 06:59 AM
So the tally is one request for a broken neck and one request for a blown out knee?

Michael82
08-11-2006, 07:07 AM
So the tally is one request for a broken neck and one request for a blown out knee?
and a couple requests for a pulled hamstring worse than Nall's...on the first drive. :up:

BillsFever21
08-11-2006, 09:11 AM

I'm not prejudice as to what body part he breaks. Any bone(s) will suffice. I don't want him starting or even on this team for that matter.

After his glimmer of hope in Cleveland he doesn't know his role. If he's not starting then he's a cancer that can't handle the fact he's not good enough to play with the big boys week in and week out.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2006, 09:16 AM
This is exactly what I want.

mybills
08-11-2006, 09:22 AM
I just want Buffalo Bills to play good.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 09:23 AM

I personally hope he gets hurt, not injured, hurt and misses about 2 weeks of practice so we can end this joke. but yes I am with you I will be rooting for the Carolina D to make him look like crap

Philagape
08-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Nothing could be finer than to suck in Carolina!

Go Panthers! :D

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/2004NFLHelmets/Images/04CarolinaPanthersHelmet.jpg

TigerJ
08-11-2006, 10:17 AM
I don't think we need to hope. Carolina has a strong defense...they'll eat him alive

That's pretty much what I expect.

Michael82
08-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Nothing could be finer than to suck in Carolina!

Go Panthers! :D

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/2004NFLHelmets/Images/04CarolinaPanthersHelmet.jpg
Go Panthers!!! :jig:

SABURZFAN
08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
i hope all of our QB's do well even if it is preseason.

Mad Bomber
08-11-2006, 07:04 PM
What I do NOT want to see...

KH playing in any regular season games.

I can see it now...3rd and 8...KH drops back to pass...rears back....and.....

fires a 3 yard pass to Josh Reed.

Been there, done that...

Michael82
08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
What I do NOT want to see...

KH playing in any regular season games.

I can see it now...3rd and 8...KH drops back to pass...rears back....and.....

fires a 3 yard pass to Josh Reed.

Been there, done that...
:bf1:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-11-2006, 08:08 PM
sorry guys, but as much as I want holcomb to be interned in siberia, I cant hop on the serious injury bandwagon.

broken necks and blown out knees... while hyperbole in this thread.... are a bit much to wish on the guy.

Michael82
08-11-2006, 08:09 PM
sorry guys, but as much as I want holcomb to be interned in siberia, I cant hop on the serious injury bandwagon.

broken necks and blown out knees... while hyperbole in this thread.... are a bit much to wish on the guy.
then how about a pulled hamstring that sidelines him until the end of training camp? That way the competition is down to only JP Losman and Craig Nall.... :up:

Dozerdog
08-11-2006, 08:10 PM
It's what they do in finheaven.

We aparently have sunk into the ******ed fan level. Let's put the team second just to get rid of one guy.

You clowns deserve what you get.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-11-2006, 08:14 PM
then how about a pulled hamstring that sidelines him until the end of training camp? That way the competition is down to only JP Losman and Craig Nall.... :up:

sorry mike... no injuries... just JP WINNING the thing, or else we will NEVER hear the end of this crapola. Because as soon as nall is back, its gonna start all over again.
NAME A STARTER AND STICK TO IT!

Michael82
08-11-2006, 08:23 PM
sorry mike... no injuries... just JP WINNING the thing, or else we will NEVER hear the end of this crapola. Because as soon as nall is back, its gonna start all over again.
NAME A STARTER AND STICK TO IT!
but we can't trust that idiot, Jauron to do that. Not when he thinks giving 2 plays to JP and then 2 plays to Holcomb and then 1 play to JP and 1 play to Holcomb is a good way for competition. Both of them suck right now because neither of them can get any rhythm! :ill:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-11-2006, 08:25 PM
but we can't trust that idiot, Jauron to do that. Not when he thinks giving 2 plays to JP and then 2 plays to Holcomb and then 1 play to JP and 1 play to Holcomb is a good way for competition. Both of them suck right now because neither of them can get any rhythm! :ill:
Well I agree that the practice reps is mind numbingly stupid. but so is thei whole situation!

Michael82
08-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Well I agree that the practice reps is mind numbingly stupid. but so is thei whole situation!
yeah it is, and i'm just worried that it's going to get worse when Nall comes back. Now we'll go back to each only getting 8 reps in each drill. :ill:

kinigirly
08-11-2006, 09:52 PM
this is a horribly stupid picture but i needed to share it somewhere so i can get over it....
http://timekills.org/gallery/albums/Bills/jp.sized.jpg

shelby
08-11-2006, 09:56 PM
:rofl:

ZacGriffi~82
08-11-2006, 10:03 PM
It's what they do in finheaven.

We aparently have sunk into the ******ed fan level. Let's put the team second just to get rid of one guy.

You clowns deserve what you get.

Seriously...this is insane.

!Papacrunk!
08-12-2006, 07:00 AM
this is a horribly stupid picture but i needed to share it somewhere so i can get over it....

That pic really makes me want to use internet abbreviations, but the only one that best suits this pic is:

WTF