Jauron a liar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Jauron a liar?

I'm confused by Jauron's actions. He has stated that the player that performs the best will get to play. If this is the case, then why isn't JP starting? Doesn't this make Jauron look two-faced? Every report that I've read from local and national media outlets have stated that JP has performed better than Holcomb, so why isn't he going to start then? It just doesn't match what Jauron has been selling to the fans.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Jauron a liar?

stop making sense NightHawk! logic is no longer allowed at 1BD!
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

10-12 days of camp makes a competition?

I think you are too emotionally wrapped up in this. How can you choose the better guy without any games?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        I'm confused by Jauron's actions. He has stated that the player that performs the best will get to play. If this is the case, then why isn't JP starting? Doesn't this make Jauron look two-faced? Every report that I've read from local and national media outlets have stated that JP has performed better than Holcomb, so why isn't he going to start then? It just doesn't match what Jauron has been selling to the fans.
        Because Jauron knew who the starter was the day he got hired. I'm really not trying to be cynical here but I think it's over already.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          10-12 days of camp makes a competition?

I think you are too emotionally wrapped up in this. How can you choose the better guy without any games?
          It's based on what Jauron has seen in practice. If that is the case, then Losman should be out there. Case closed. Now, do I think it will stay this way? No, but you live by the words that you speak and Jauron might be backpedaling a little now.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
            stop making sense NightHawk! logic is no longer allowed at 1BD!
            My bad, it's a bad habit of mine!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I really don't think Jauron meant "game one preseason" when he was mentioning who the starter would be..... I think he meant "season starter"

Comment

• John Doe
                Florida Man
                • Jul 2002

I believe that Jauron was referring to the best performer starting the regular season, when it counts. He will use the pre-season games to form the basis of that evaluation.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  I really don't think Jauron meant "game one preseason" when he was mentioning who the starter would be..... I think he meant "season starter"
                  I hope you're right...and that he is not just giving in to the veterans on the team. We will know for sure next week.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I hope you're right...and that he is not just giving in to the veterans on the team. We will know for sure next week.
                    We won't know **** until the preseason is done. Once the season starter is named feel free to complain all ya want.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

Let's see:

KH - old dog that can't learn new tricks, no long ball, 11 years in the league and potential gone, Locker room divider, 4th and 30 - 3 yard pass...

JP - Young and willing to learn, long ball, 2 years in the league (1 really), potential upside, team player, has a brain in his head, competitor....

All I've got to say is that if it aint JP, it sure as hell aint KH. Kelly hasn't gotten it by now, and never will. If JP's that bad, then let's go find someone else. Anyone, but not KH.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• ibatiger
                        Geaux Bills!
                        • Mar 2006

It's based on what Jauron has seen in practice. If that is the case, then Losman should be out there. Case closed. Now, do I think it will stay this way? No, but you live by the words that you speak and Jauron might be backpedaling a little now.
                        Give me a break. How do you know what Jauron has seen in practice? He knows what play is called and who is supposed to do what. It appears that Losman's decision making has been very lacking. That's from the outside looking in. It could very well be that from the inside it has looked horrible. Holcomb has earned the start, even if just barely.

Comment

• ibatiger
                          Geaux Bills!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Turf

If JP's that bad, then let's go find someone else. Anyone, but not KH.
                          They've already found him and he's resting a hurt hamstring.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ibatiger
                            Give me a break. How do you know what Jauron has seen in practice? He knows what play is called and who is supposed to do what. It appears that Losman's decision making has been very lacking. That's from the outside looking in. It could very well be that from the inside it has looked horrible. Holcomb has earned the start, even if just barely.
                            Good post. The coaches know what they are looking for a helluva lot more than fans on the sidelines or any media pundit.

All things being equal, which obviously they have been up until this point, Jauron's making the right call. Holcomb gets the start this week on the road, JP gets the start next week at home.

As far as any favoritism in the 'competition', or the coaches 'secretly' wanting one QB to succeed over the other: If that is indeed the case, then the arrow is pointing toward Losman right now...he most certainly got the best 'draw' for a pre-season start.

I could just see the posts now, if JP were to start Saturday and not play very well...

"Jauron, that dumb-ass, set JP up by starting him on the road against a tough defense."

*****. *****, *****. Puh-leeze.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• evol4276
                              • Oct 2005

it says in the article that holcomb will start this game, with jp coming after for the 2nd period, and then thwe two will swap positions next game

Comment

Working...
                              X