PDA

View Full Version : Jauron a liar?

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm confused by Jauron's actions. He has stated that the player that performs the best will get to play. If this is the case, then why isn't JP starting? Doesn't this make Jauron look two-faced? Every report that I've read from local and national media outlets have stated that JP has performed better than Holcomb, so why isn't he going to start then? It just doesn't match what Jauron has been selling to the fans.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-10-2006, 09:41 PM
stop making sense NightHawk! logic is no longer allowed at 1BD!

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:42 PM
10-12 days of camp makes a competition?

I think you are too emotionally wrapped up in this. How can you choose the better guy without any games?

HHURRICANE
08-10-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm confused by Jauron's actions. He has stated that the player that performs the best will get to play. If this is the case, then why isn't JP starting? Doesn't this make Jauron look two-faced? Every report that I've read from local and national media outlets have stated that JP has performed better than Holcomb, so why isn't he going to start then? It just doesn't match what Jauron has been selling to the fans.

Because Jauron knew who the starter was the day he got hired. I'm really not trying to be cynical here but I think it's over already.

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:45 PM
10-12 days of camp makes a competition?

I think you are too emotionally wrapped up in this. How can you choose the better guy without any games?

It's based on what Jauron has seen in practice. If that is the case, then Losman should be out there. Case closed. Now, do I think it will stay this way? No, but you live by the words that you speak and Jauron might be backpedaling a little now.

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:45 PM
stop making sense NightHawk! logic is no longer allowed at 1BD!

My bad, it's a bad habit of mine! :oops:

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I really don't think Jauron meant "game one preseason" when he was mentioning who the starter would be..... I think he meant "season starter"

John Doe
08-10-2006, 09:47 PM

I believe that Jauron was referring to the best performer starting the regular season, when it counts. He will use the pre-season games to form the basis of that evaluation.

Nighthawk
08-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I really don't think Jauron meant "game one preseason" when he was mentioning who the starter would be..... I think he meant "season starter"

I hope you're right...and that he is not just giving in to the veterans on the team. We will know for sure next week.

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I hope you're right...and that he is not just giving in to the veterans on the team. We will know for sure next week.We won't know **** until the preseason is done. Once the season starter is named feel free to complain all ya want.

Turf
08-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Let's see:

KH - old dog that can't learn new tricks, no long ball, 11 years in the league and potential gone, Locker room divider, 4th and 30 - 3 yard pass...

JP - Young and willing to learn, long ball, 2 years in the league (1 really), potential upside, team player, has a brain in his head, competitor....

All I've got to say is that if it aint JP, it sure as hell aint KH. Kelly hasn't gotten it by now, and never will. If JP's that bad, then let's go find someone else. Anyone, but not KH.

ibatiger
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
It's based on what Jauron has seen in practice. If that is the case, then Losman should be out there. Case closed. Now, do I think it will stay this way? No, but you live by the words that you speak and Jauron might be backpedaling a little now.

Give me a break. How do you know what Jauron has seen in practice? He knows what play is called and who is supposed to do what. It appears that Losman's decision making has been very lacking. That's from the outside looking in. It could very well be that from the inside it has looked horrible. Holcomb has earned the start, even if just barely.

ibatiger
08-10-2006, 10:22 PM
If JP's that bad, then let's go find someone else. Anyone, but not KH.

They've already found him and he's resting a hurt hamstring.

YardRat
08-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Give me a break. How do you know what Jauron has seen in practice? He knows what play is called and who is supposed to do what. It appears that Losman's decision making has been very lacking. That's from the outside looking in. It could very well be that from the inside it has looked horrible. Holcomb has earned the start, even if just barely.

Good post. The coaches know what they are looking for a helluva lot more than fans on the sidelines or any media pundit.

All things being equal, which obviously they have been up until this point, Jauron's making the right call. Holcomb gets the start this week on the road, JP gets the start next week at home.

As far as any favoritism in the 'competition', or the coaches 'secretly' wanting one QB to succeed over the other: If that is indeed the case, then the arrow is pointing toward Losman right now...he most certainly got the best 'draw' for a pre-season start.

I could just see the posts now, if JP were to start Saturday and not play very well...

"Jauron, that dumb-ass, set JP up by starting him on the road against a tough defense."

*****. *****, *****. Puh-leeze.

evol4276
08-10-2006, 10:30 PM
it says in the article that holcomb will start this game, with jp coming after for the 2nd period, and then thwe two will swap positions next game

Dozerdog
08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
it says in the article that holcomb will start this game, with jp coming after for the 2nd period, and then thwe two will swap positions next gameLet's not get facts in the way of Buffalo Bill fans whining now.

Disgusting

Welcome to Billsheaven

YardRat
08-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Welcome to Billsheaven

:roflmao:

BillsFever21
08-11-2006, 01:42 AM
What's pathetic is last year is the best that you will ever see Holcomb and he sucked then.

He was barely better then Losman as it was. All that and Holcomb had been in the league for 10 years and was in the same type of system every year according to his comments.

So you have a 10 year veteran in the same system that he's been in for 9 years prior to that and is still junk and isn't any better then a 2nd year player in the league starting for the 1st time.

That tells you all you should need to know about who should be the starting QB.

Throne Logic
08-11-2006, 01:54 AM
Last year, Losman was basically handed the job without any competition. As a result, the veterans on the team did not have the respect for Losman required to be successful in the NFL. Regardless of how you believe the veterans should behave, the reality of the situation is that they played harder for Holcomb because they had a greater respect for him.

Jauron has very wisely designed this "competition" to create the perfect situation for JP to earn the respect of his veteran teamates as well as the starting QB job.

This play is really quite brilliant. I'm feeling a little bit better about Jauron as the HC as I watch this unfold. Hopefully, this sort of creative scheming carries over into the game plans they use this season.

evol4276
08-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Let's not get facts in the way of Buffalo Bill fans whining now.

Disgusting

Welcome to Billsheaven
haha well i tried.. but still from what i said before, there really isnt anything to worry about with him starting the first game, it's their first scrimmage game against an opposing team, so the first game is getting the players comfortable with what they've learned in camp and put that into the opponent. I'm assuming the QB role, which I am disappointed to say, will come to preseason game 3-4 to decide the startinn qb, so those who want JP, just pray to the heavens he can play good the first 2 games he's in.

BillsFever21
08-11-2006, 02:05 AM
All this stuff is doing is taking valuable time away from Losman to learn the new offense with the first unit even if he is the starter.

The season will start and Losman will be clearly behind(and Holcomb) because they are splitting all this time and our team will be in worse shape for it.

The way things are going we will definitely be 0-2 when the Jets roll into town. Whoever is the starter is gonna be behind the 8-ball with this stupid crap going on.

All the bad situation at QB in the league and only in Buffalo with a loser like Jauron is this going on. A starter should be named by now. It doesn't take a couple worthless preseason games to know what you have in the players after they have been in the league for a few years.

This coaching staff knows who will be starting Week 1 of the regular season. They are lying to everyone. Just like they were throughout the week when they said they didn't know who was starting the game on Saturday and that they haven't talked about it yet.

Don't jive us like that. You expect us to believe you haven't even discussed it yet and have no clue? Quit lying to us you freaking loser and end this stupid competition that you already know the outcome of.

Jan Reimers
08-11-2006, 03:05 AM
I think people are reading WAY too much into this. If anything, Jauron wants to be more than fair to Holcomb, so that no one will be able to complain that Holcomb got "shortchanged" when Losman is named starter.

shelby
08-11-2006, 04:09 AM
No matter who our starting QB is at the beginning of the regular season, i can guarantee that someone will ***** about it.

:gobills:

snow1989
08-11-2006, 06:10 AM
PRE -season.....hmmm....umm, wait...let's make sure I have this correct.....PRE - meaning before....hmmm.....PRE-season....hmm, usually used for EVALUATION...hmmm PRE.....before the start of.........*shrug* maybe its just, but I don't get what all the excitement is about who starts where in a preseason game...hell, I think the 3rd stringers should get the first shot to evaluate what they have against the other's first team defense *shrug* ....but I'll be quiet now and go back to working on the word...PRE.....PRE-season