X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Losman supporters should not be bothered by this

Look people, I want JP just like everyone else, but this is the right move. I stll want JP to start the season andI think he will, but this is the correct way to go about it.

Just think, when this QB competition was announced, many people just figured that JP was gonna be the starter and this competition thing was just a label. Well Juron has us, as well as his team all now believing that this is a legit competition. He is showing no favortism towards JP in the preseason like the old regime.

What did everyone expect Juron to do? This is supposed to be a dead heat competition in which each QB gets equal snaps and play yet someone HAS to start. If he just throws in the younger unproven guy again he'll be repeating Mularkeys mistakes. Hes gonna do the right thing and let the "senior" start and JP will get his shots to. Let JP beat the noodle arm in the game, then start the next game and do well. This could lead to JP earning the starting spot in a legit and respectable way.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Losman supporters should not be bothered by this

Nice post Willis. Too bad it isn't getting the same attention as all the 'sky is falling' piss and moan threads.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
      Look people, I want JP just like everyone else

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

Good catch.

Comment

• Mr B
          • Sep 2002

They may unkowingly be doing Losman a favor letting him start against the Bengal defense rather than Carolina's.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr B
            They may unkowingly be doing Losman a favor letting him start against the Bengal defense rather than Carolina's.
            i agree.

Comment

• theanswer74
              • Apr 2004

Kind of like doing him a favor not starting him @ NE and @ Miami to start the season?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
                good thing this post isnt about Dick Juron!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

Wow, I can only imagine how bad it will be when Holcomb is announced the starter for opening day.

Im sure a lot of "Buffalo Bills fans" won't be around here anymore.
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                    • Aug 2002

Why do you say "unknowingly"? I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they are doing. Like Willis said, let the "experience vet" start vs. Carolina's first team. JP will get a chance to settle in against the second team. That leaves the door open for JP to start the last three preseason games while not getting dumped directly into the deep end of the pool.

Jauron has put JP in the best possible situation to succeed. After last year's situation regarding the lack of respect for Losman by various veterans on the team, Jauron had to set things up to play out like it is. It's the perfect situation for JP to earn the respect of this team.

I'd say this coaching staff has very wisely planned out this "competition" Let Holcomb go first most of the time. Let the team see that Holcomb gets the "first shot". Then let JP come in and upstage the elder QB vs lesser competition. Perception is everything, even in the NFL locker room.

All JP has to do is not screw up his golden opportunity.
                    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Bravo, Throne.....Bravo.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                        What did everyone expect Juron to do? This is supposed to be a dead heat competition in which each QB gets equal snaps and play yet someone HAS to start.
                        If it's a dead heat competition, I want JP cut or Traded now. If he can't beat out Holcomb, he's got to go.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Losman will start game 2 and Holcomb will start game 1. Both guys will get a chance to start with the first team. Carolina's defense is light years ahead of the Bengals so Losman has the advantage. People say Losman is being set up to fail but if you are a Losman fan you definitely would rather see him start against Cinci. Plus, Holcomb has always played well against the Bengals. If Holcomb played against everyone else the way he plays against the Bengals they would be making a bust for him in Canton.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                            • Feb 2005

there is some flawed logic here... If everyone is afraid that JP cannot handle the Carolina Defense, then whats the point in him being our QB? Come the regular season, the starter is going to have to face good defenses... we need JP to be able to handle them. We cant pull JP out everytime he is going to be looking at a good defense. He needs to PLAY AGAINST THEM NOW!
                            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
                              there is some flawed logic here... If everyone is afraid that JP cannot handle the Carolina Defense, then whats the point in him being our QB? Come the regular season, the starter is going to have to face good defenses... we need JP to be able to handle them. We cant pull JP out everytime he is going to be looking at a good defense. He needs to PLAY AGAINST THEM NOW!
                              There is no flawed logic. It is a fact defenses get in sync a lot earlier in training camp than the offense. It takes offenses alot longer to get there timing down. Thus offenses do not do well early on. Throw in a top 2-3 defense on the road and no QB will look good in this situation not to mention a QB that only has 7 or 8 NFL starts. Why throw a guy to the wolves so early.

Comment

Working...
                              X