PDA

View Full Version : Losman supporters should not be bothered by this

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Look people, I want JP just like everyone else, but this is the right move. I stll want JP to start the season andI think he will, but this is the correct way to go about it.

Just think, when this QB competition was announced, many people just figured that JP was gonna be the starter and this competition thing was just a label. Well Juron has us, as well as his team all now believing that this is a legit competition. He is showing no favortism towards JP in the preseason like the old regime.

What did everyone expect Juron to do? This is supposed to be a dead heat competition in which each QB gets equal snaps and play yet someone HAS to start. If he just throws in the younger unproven guy again he'll be repeating Mularkeys mistakes. Hes gonna do the right thing and let the "senior" start and JP will get his shots to. Let JP beat the noodle arm in the game, then start the next game and do well. This could lead to JP earning the starting spot in a legit and respectable way.

YardRat
08-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Nice post Willis. Too bad it isn't getting the same attention as all the 'sky is falling' piss and moan threads.

Bill Brasky
08-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Look people, I want JP just like everyone else

:limp:

Michael82
08-10-2006, 11:12 PM
:roflmao:

Good catch.

Mr B
08-10-2006, 11:14 PM
They may unkowingly be doing Losman a favor letting him start against the Bengal defense rather than Carolina's.

Michael82
08-10-2006, 11:20 PM
They may unkowingly be doing Losman a favor letting him start against the Bengal defense rather than Carolina's.
i agree.

theanswer74
08-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Kind of like doing him a favor not starting him @ NE and @ Miami to start the season? :oops:

FlyingDutchman
08-11-2006, 12:02 AM

good thing this post isnt about Dick Juron!

ScottLawrence
08-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Wow, I can only imagine how bad it will be when Holcomb is announced the starter for opening day.

Im sure a lot of "Buffalo Bills fans" won't be around here anymore.

Throne Logic
08-11-2006, 01:44 AM

Why do you say "unknowingly"? I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they are doing. Like Willis said, let the "experience vet" start vs. Carolina's first team. JP will get a chance to settle in against the second team. That leaves the door open for JP to start the last three preseason games while not getting dumped directly into the deep end of the pool.

Jauron has put JP in the best possible situation to succeed. After last year's situation regarding the lack of respect for Losman by various veterans on the team, Jauron had to set things up to play out like it is. It's the perfect situation for JP to earn the respect of this team.

I'd say this coaching staff has very wisely planned out this "competition" Let Holcomb go first most of the time. Let the team see that Holcomb gets the "first shot". Then let JP come in and upstage the elder QB vs lesser competition. Perception is everything, even in the NFL locker room.

All JP has to do is not screw up his golden opportunity.

YardRat
08-11-2006, 05:08 AM
Bravo, Throne.....Bravo.

TacklingDummy
08-11-2006, 06:13 AM
What did everyone expect Juron to do? This is supposed to be a dead heat competition in which each QB gets equal snaps and play yet someone HAS to start.

If it's a dead heat competition, I want JP cut or Traded now. If he can't beat out Holcomb, he's got to go.

don137
08-11-2006, 06:38 AM
Losman will start game 2 and Holcomb will start game 1. Both guys will get a chance to start with the first team. Carolina's defense is light years ahead of the Bengals so Losman has the advantage. People say Losman is being set up to fail but if you are a Losman fan you definitely would rather see him start against Cinci. Plus, Holcomb has always played well against the Bengals. If Holcomb played against everyone else the way he plays against the Bengals they would be making a bust for him in Canton.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-11-2006, 06:52 AM
there is some flawed logic here... If everyone is afraid that JP cannot handle the Carolina Defense, then whats the point in him being our QB? Come the regular season, the starter is going to have to face good defenses... we need JP to be able to handle them. We cant pull JP out everytime he is going to be looking at a good defense. He needs to PLAY AGAINST THEM NOW!

don137
08-11-2006, 07:00 AM
there is some flawed logic here... If everyone is afraid that JP cannot handle the Carolina Defense, then whats the point in him being our QB? Come the regular season, the starter is going to have to face good defenses... we need JP to be able to handle them. We cant pull JP out everytime he is going to be looking at a good defense. He needs to PLAY AGAINST THEM NOW!

There is no flawed logic. It is a fact defenses get in sync a lot earlier in training camp than the offense. It takes offenses alot longer to get there timing down. Thus offenses do not do well early on. Throw in a top 2-3 defense on the road and no QB will look good in this situation not to mention a QB that only has 7 or 8 NFL starts. Why throw a guy to the wolves so early.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-11-2006, 07:08 AM
There is no flawed logic. It is a fact defenses get in sync a lot earlier in training camp than the offense. It takes offenses alot longer to get there timing down. Thus offenses do not do well early on. Throw in a top 2-3 defense on the road and no QB will look good in this situation not to mention a QB that only has 7 or 8 NFL starts. Why throw a guy to the wolves so early.
OK Don, I'll buy that. But I'd much rather be in a position where we go in with an attitude and just bustem in the mouth with a confident QB!

TedMock
08-11-2006, 07:57 AM

Good point. My only concern is putting him in front of the Buffalo fans. The once forgiving, knowledgeable - now relentless, show me now or die, fans. This kid makes one bad throw, and there will unfortunately be thousands of goof ball who instantly boo.

djjimkelly
08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
JP played pretty solid vs carolina last year and would have probably won if not for mularkys terrible play calling in that game too!!!

Mr B
08-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Why do you say "unknowingly"? I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they are doing. Like Willis said, let the "experience vet" start vs. Carolina's first team. JP will get a chance to settle in against the second team. That leaves the door open for JP to start the last three preseason games while not getting dumped directly into the deep end of the pool.

Jauron has put JP in the best possible situation to succeed. After last year's situation regarding the lack of respect for Losman by various veterans on the team, Jauron had to set things up to play out like it is. It's the perfect situation for JP to earn the respect of this team.

I'd say this coaching staff has very wisely planned out this "competition" Let Holcomb go first most of the time. Let the team see that Holcomb gets the "first shot". Then let JP come in and upstage the elder QB vs lesser competition. Perception is everything, even in the NFL locker room.

All JP has to do is not screw up his golden opportunity.

Yep

don137
08-11-2006, 08:12 AM
OK Don, I'll buy that. But I'd much rather be in a position where we go in with an attitude and just bustem in the mouth with a confident QB!
I agree...I would like to have that attitude too but with a young QB that has potential but I think confidence could be rattles after last season debacle, a new system and a tough defense I think wait another week to start the Losman.

HHURRICANE
08-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Good post. I won't post anymore "Holcomb is the starter" threads until after we get through these first 2 pre-season games.

With that said JP has got to play well. PERIOD. Will he be given a fair shot to do that?! Alot of it comes down to play calling.

I watched Holcomb play last year and if he comes out on Saturday going 10-12 for 50 yards everyone is going to talk about how he had an 83% completion rate. Is the coaching staff going to make Holcomb play their gameplan or are they going to gameplan for "noodle arm". Sames goes for JP. What if he goes 50% but challenges downfield etc.? This is where things aren't even!

acehole
08-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Well to me Jorons said that JP would start the next game....so to me they have not named a starter for the season. Go JP light them up. He will be our starter by the last pre season.

Vin

Look people, I want JP just like everyone else, but this is the right move. I stll want JP to start the season andI think he will, but this is the correct way to go about it.

Just think, when this QB competition was announced, many people just figured that JP was gonna be the starter and this competition thing was just a label. Well Juron has us, as well as his team all now believing that this is a legit competition. He is showing no favortism towards JP in the preseason like the old regime.

What did everyone expect Juron to do? This is supposed to be a dead heat competition in which each QB gets equal snaps and play yet someone HAS to start. If he just throws in the younger unproven guy again he'll be repeating Mularkeys mistakes. Hes gonna do the right thing and let the "senior" start and JP will get his shots to. Let JP beat the noodle arm in the game, then start the next game and do well. This could lead to JP earning the starting spot in a legit and respectable way.

FlyingDutchman
08-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Well to me Jorons said that JP would start the next game....so to me they have not named a starter for the season. Go JP light them up. He will be our starter by the last pre season.

Vin

thats what I think. This move had to be done, I think it really allows JP to earn the position.