• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

The Official calm the hell down thread

Sign in here if you realize that Holcomb starting a pre-season game does not mean a blasted thing and you want people to chill out over the entire QB battle until a decision is made.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Official calm the hell down thread

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
      • Aug 2005

Good call Lecter.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I will sign in here for now! But if that piece of **** Kelly Holcomb is starting the 3rd preseason games...I'm going to sharpen my ax.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

I want to calm down, but the cerebral hemorrhage caused by the initial announcement is effecting my motor skills and congnitive reasoning.
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Nothing is set in stone yet, hurry up and wait.

As per this:

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

That was directed towards Hulk Hogan, who I had the pleasure of talking to at the Tampa Bay finals a few years ago. He is a pretty big guy and really cool. I think Cyndy lauper was involved somehow but I cannot remember how. I remember Roddy saying she was drunk and hitting on him and he told her to take her beer breath away.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

75 % of the threads =
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                Sign in here if you realize that Holcomb starting a pre-season game does not mean a blasted thing and you want people to chill out over the entire QB battle until a decision is made.
                I said it before and I'll say it again: Preseason is preseason- I'm not gonna panic over the QB issue until the regular season starts. Holcomb starting the first preseason game doesn't mean ****.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Its only the 1st game. Some people on this board are unreal. The final 2 games of preseason are the ones I be pissed if Holcumb is starting. Its only the 1st game.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                    • Aug 2005

I am fine. Didn't Jauron also say that JP would likely start the second game? That's what it says in my newspaper.
                    Last edited by BuffaloBillsStampede; 08-11-2006, 08:25 AM.
                    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

It doesn't bother me at all because on Monday Nall will be throwing the ball and 3rd on the depth chart Holcomb will fall.

P.S. Don't do drugs.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Here's why it means something: It's costing JP valuable reps with the first team. This musical-QBs training camp is stunting his development just as much as Moolarkey did last year. It's clear that 10-year veteran Holcomb is no better, so he shouldn't even be an option.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

You're preachin' to the choir, Dr.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

people...the heat isn't that bad...why are some *****ing about the starter of preseason game #1...the new flight regulations...etc, etc...people need to go outside for awhile and do some work...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
                              I am fine. Didn't Jauron also say that JP would likely start the second game? That's what it says in my newspaper.
                              Yeah, the preseason games are arguably more important to the QB competition than practice drills. Someone has to start the first game, they can't both be on the field. If DJ named a true starter now, it would be obvious the whole competition thing was a charade.

My official guess is that Holcomb starts the first preseason game, Losman starts the second. After the second preseason game, THE starter is named--who will start the last two preseason games and open the season. That would provide a solid combination of letting both guys have an equal chance to prove their worth, and yet still give the winner the opportunity to benefit from more reps with the 1st team for the remaining two weeks of training camp and two preseason games.

anyway. my two cents. I don't see this decision to start Holcomb for the 1st preseason game as all that significant.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X