PDA

View Full Version : The Official calm the hell down thread

Dr. Lecter
08-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Sign in here if you realize that Holcomb starting a pre-season game does not mean a blasted thing and you want people to chill out over the entire QB battle until a decision is made.

don137
08-11-2006, 07:25 AM
:posrep:

hammerbillsfan
08-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Good call Lecter.

Michael82
08-11-2006, 07:29 AM
I will sign in here for now! But if that piece of **** Kelly Holcomb is starting the 3rd preseason games...I'm going to sharpen my ax. :mad:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I want to calm down, but the cerebral hemorrhage caused by the initial announcement is effecting my motor skills and congnitive reasoning.

Mitchy moo
08-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Nothing is set in stone yet, hurry up and wait.

As per this:

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

That was directed towards Hulk Hogan, who I had the pleasure of talking to at the Tampa Bay finals a few years ago. He is a pretty big guy and really cool. I think Cyndy lauper was involved somehow but I cannot remember how. I remember Roddy saying she was drunk and hitting on him and he told her to take her beer breath away.

Night Train
08-11-2006, 07:43 AM
75 % of the threads = :wail:

OpIv37
08-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Sign in here if you realize that Holcomb starting a pre-season game does not mean a blasted thing and you want people to chill out over the entire QB battle until a decision is made.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Preseason is preseason- I'm not gonna panic over the QB issue until the regular season starts. Holcomb starting the first preseason game doesn't mean ****.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Its only the 1st game. Some people on this board are unreal. The final 2 games of preseason are the ones I be pissed if Holcumb is starting. Its only the 1st game.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-11-2006, 07:52 AM
I am fine. Didn't Jauron also say that JP would likely start the second game? That's what it says in my newspaper.

madness
08-11-2006, 07:53 AM
It doesn't bother me at all because on Monday Nall will be throwing the ball and 3rd on the depth chart Holcomb will fall.

P.S. Don't do drugs. :D

Philagape
08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Here's why it means something: It's costing JP valuable reps with the first team. This musical-QBs training camp is stunting his development just as much as Moolarkey did last year. It's clear that 10-year veteran Holcomb is no better, so he shouldn't even be an option.

TigerJ
08-11-2006, 10:08 AM
You're preachin' to the choir, Dr.

Ebenezer
08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
:posrep:

people...the heat isn't that bad...why are some *****ing about the starter of preseason game #1...the new flight regulations...etc, etc...people need to go outside for awhile and do some work...

Saratoga Slim
08-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I am fine. Didn't Jauron also say that JP would likely start the second game? That's what it says in my newspaper.

Yeah, the preseason games are arguably more important to the QB competition than practice drills. Someone has to start the first game, they can't both be on the field. If DJ named a true starter now, it would be obvious the whole competition thing was a charade.

My official guess is that Holcomb starts the first preseason game, Losman starts the second. After the second preseason game, THE starter is named--who will start the last two preseason games and open the season. That would provide a solid combination of letting both guys have an equal chance to prove their worth, and yet still give the winner the opportunity to benefit from more reps with the 1st team for the remaining two weeks of training camp and two preseason games.

anyway. my two cents. I don't see this decision to start Holcomb for the 1st preseason game as all that significant.

raphael120
08-11-2006, 10:44 AM
would be a shame if holcomb got injured if our OL collapses against the superior DL of the panthers...hm.. haha:dance:

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Sorry doc it means everything. its further proof of lieing by DJ all along and that he had his pick already in. It also proves that the QB competition is a joke.

For over a week now JP has looked better than holcomb, so you start the better player right? Instead Holcomb gets the entire first quarter and part of the 2nd? Sorry, that is STARTERS time, not a guy trying to win a job. As for as DJ saying JP gets the same next week. 1) I'll have to see it to belive it and 2) will all of that time be with the first string? Some how I doubt both.

Saratoga Slim
08-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Sorry doc it means everything. its further proof of lieing by DJ all along and that he had his pick already in. It also proves that the QB competition is a joke.

For over a week now JP has looked better than holcomb, so you start the better player right? Instead Holcomb gets the entire first quarter and part of the 2nd? Sorry, that is STARTERS time, not a guy trying to win a job. As for as DJ saying JP gets the same next week. 1) I'll have to see it to belive it and 2) will all of that time be with the first string? Some how I doubt both.

I'm going on the face value of DJ's statement that he intends to start JP next week. Unless DJ is in fact lying, then that is pretty clear proof that he isn't ready to name the winner. Maybe you're right--its entirely possible that DJ has decided he's going with Holcomb. But if JP starts next week, then I doubt it. DJ would have to be a complete idiot to keep sharing the 1st team reps if he already knew who he was going to start. He can't be that stupid.

We'll have to wait and see. I don't think there's enough on the table to draw a firm conclusion regarding DJ's preference at this point.

Saratoga Slim
08-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Plus, if starting a preseason game is determinative in naming the full-time starter, why is Parcells considering starting Tony Romo this weekend?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/08/10/bc.fbn.cowboys.quarterbacks.ap/index.html

Deep breaths everybody.

Jan Reimers
08-11-2006, 11:14 AM
I expected it. Jauron has to give Holcomb the chance - and enough rope - to hang himself.

Giving Holcomb every opportunity, and then announcing JP as the starter, is the best way to bolster JP's confidence and to get the team fully behind him.

carybillsfan
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Why is everyone in a panic?? They're setting up Holcomb for failure. He starts on the road against a very good defense with a great D-Line and solid secondary. He will fail in the first half, period. JP gets to play against the backup, and we have great depth at receiver and rb so there shouldn't be a huge drop off. JP will get to start against a defensive core that even Kelly Holcomb lit up last year for 30+ points. JP got the better end of the deal, IMHO.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Why is everyone in a panic?? They're setting up Holcomb for failure. He starts on the road against a very good defense with a great D-Line and solid secondary. He will fail in the first half, period. JP gets to play against the backup, and we have great depth at receiver and rb so there shouldn't be a huge drop off. JP will get to start against a defensive core that even Kelly Holcomb lit up last year for 30+ points. JP got the better end of the deal, IMHO.

If he falls on his face and JP does well. Then JP does well against Cinci's starters on the 18th, they have to name him the starter and put an end to it.

carybillsfan
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
If he falls on his face and JP does well. Then JP does well against Cinci's starters on the 18th, they have to name him the starter and put an end to it.

And he will fall on is face tomorrow.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
And he will fall on is face tomorrow. That will be the happiest Football wise, I have been in awhile.

Saratoga Slim
08-11-2006, 11:41 AM
I expected it. Jauron has to give Holcomb the chance - and enough rope - to hang himself.

Giving Holcomb every opportunity, and then announcing JP as the starter, is the best way to bolster JP's confidence and to get the team fully behind him.

EXACTLY. Everyone agrees the quarterback competition is a response to last year, where JP was handed the keys without first earning the respect of the team. If giving the starter (whether it be JP or Kelly or Nall) the opportunity to convince the team that he's the man for the job is the goal, then it would be quite counterproductive to end the competition now, before the preseason games even start. To do that would be to more or less announce that the competition was a farce, and accomplish the same handing-of-keys to the starter that occurred last year.

Saratoga Slim
08-11-2006, 11:43 AM
That will be the happiest Football wise, I have been in awhile.

Amen to that brother, as then JP will have clearly earned the job.

It is too bad that Nall hasn't had a chance to get in the mix though. I'm still curious what he's capable of. I wonder if its truly a two-man race again, or if he's going to get figured in again when he's healthy. I think he probably missed his window of opportunity.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Amen to that brother, as then JP will have clearly earned the job.

It is too bad that Nall hasn't had a chance to get in the mix though. I'm still curious what he's capable of. I wonder if its truly a two-man race again, or if he's going to get figured in again when he's healthy. I think he probably missed his window of opportunity.

The Best thing to happen is Nall get well and in games 3-4 tear it up so holcomb slides to #3 on the depth chart.

Dr. Lecter
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM

No it does not prove that. This is a pre-season game. Not regular season. It proves no lies. It does not prove a decision has been made. It is a pre-season game.

When JP starts game #2, what will you say?

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 12:18 PM
No it does not prove that. This is a pre-season game. Not regular season. It proves no lies. It does not prove a decision has been made. It is a pre-season game.

When JP starts game #2, what will you say? I say DJ has no choice unless he wants to be lynched by the fanbase. do they not get the majority don't want holcomb at all. It shows they aren't really putting forth an effort to improve.

Everyone knows what holcomb is and we all know he isnt' taking us anywhere. It also flys in the face of the youth movement Levy and DJ have pushed this offseason.

Do I still feel JP Can win it? sure but the only way isnt' by just playing better, it will be with holcomb either sucking or getting hurt.

because I am telling you right now they will go with holcomb if its anywhere near close and that is the WRONG move to take.

raphael120
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah but what if they both really suck? i hope DJ realizes and compares the upside of the two. would you rather see holcomb or nall out there if JP sucks that bad in preseason? do you think nall has more upside??

shelby
08-11-2006, 01:02 PM
:hail: Doc.

Sabre Ally
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM
ahhh......same threads, different preseason. it's almost as if i'm in a time warp back to last year...or the one before it....or........

djjimkelly
08-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Here's why it means something: It's costing JP valuable reps with the first team. This musical-QBs training camp is stunting his development just as much as Moolarkey did last year. It's clear that 10-year veteran Holcomb is no better, so he shouldn't even be an option.

i agree 100% :posrep:

SABURZFAN
08-11-2006, 06:35 PM

i agree Doc.like i said in a previous post,i hope all of our QB's do well.we need everybody pushing everybody to make themselves better.

YardRat
08-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I hope Kingsbury puts up three TD's in the fourth quarter.