PDA

View Full Version : For those that have been attending training camp . . .

EDS
08-11-2006, 08:11 AM
For those of you who have been going to camp, I have three questions:

1. From the reports people have been making, it sounds like four players have been consistently identified as potential breakout performers for the Bills: Angelo Crowell, Jason Peters, Roscoe Parrish and Terrence McGee (as a corner). Anyone else?

2. What rookies look like they will make an impact this year?

3. Haven't heard many reports about new offensive line additions Tutan Reyes and Melvin Fowler. Do they look like legit upgrades from Bennie Anderson (shouldn't be hard) and trey Teague respectively?

Thanks in advance.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-11-2006, 08:24 AM
I think if Ko Simpson gets on the field he will make an impact as will McCargo and Williams. I don't think Youboty will get enough time on the field to make an impast. Kieth Ellison has looked god also. As for Fowler and Reyes I haven't been able to watch them that much with all the other stuff going on, but I haven't been impressed with our O-Line aside from Peters. Those four players you already mentioned are going to be great. Haven't seen enough of Whitner to know anything.

EDS
08-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the info.

Night Train
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
The players who have caught my eye are McGahee, Parrish, Royal, Ko Simpson, Crowell, McCargo,Triplett, Greer and Ellison. Won't know about the OL until the games start.

I'm really starting to like this draft, BTW. Seems like we got a bunch of guys that can help this team. The future is bright.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks Night Train I forgot to mention McGahee, Royal, and Greer. McGahee looks frickin nuts. Royal has been the favorite target in my opinion, and Greer has four picks. You are dead on with the draft class too there is a lot of talent.

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Nance, Gates and A-Train have had great camps as well.

EDS
08-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Based on all your comments and what I read it really seems like the Bills have some impressive depth in the defensive backfield. With Greer playing so well, coupled with the solid rookie season from King last year and a talented rookie in Youboty it appears that the Bills will have the depth and experience to absorb the loss of Nate Clements next year (assuming they don't resign him). That is comforting since it means they won't have to use additional draft picks next year on DBs.

With respect to the safetys, I have read that Bowen looks solid and at the very least will be a good backup. Ko has been getting excellent reviews as well so the future looks bright with Simpson and Whitner (too early to really tell on Whitner because of the holdout).

dannyek71
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
roscoe looks like a stud out there. IMHO Mccargo hasnt impressed me much. Could have just been the practices/what ive seen though

ShadowHawk7
08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Thinking about next year, I don't think it would be the end of the world if Greer started opposite McGee at all..

EDS
08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Have any of the back-up linebackers looked good? It seems like there is some talent in Haggan, Watson, Ellison, etc. but who can be counted on to step up if Takeo can't play?

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Watson and Elison have looked good as well as Wendell Hunter. Josh Stamer looks better this year, and I have always liked Haggan. Our D has a lot of depth at every position I would even say on the DL at least at DT. I like our four DT's a lot from training camp. As for McCargo I think he looks really good. He is real quick off the ball and always gets at least some push into the backfield. Our DB depth is insanely talented right now. When a guy like Yuoboty might now even get on the field you know you have a lot of depth. Ko looks great, and yes Matt Bowen has been solid out there so I am looking for a lot of picks this year as opposed to last years dismal effort. I want to see Ko on the field this year really bad because I like what he can do. He is always flying around the ball which is key in this defense. I think in the coming years the stars of this D will be Angelo Crowell, Ko Simpson, and Terrence McGee. I haven't seen enough of Donte Whitner to put him on that list, but lets hope.

I honestly think that if we can get at least decent play from a QB then we can compete for a playoff spot this year from everything I have seen at camp. Willis McGahee is going to set this league on fire this year mark my words. I really really like the direction of this team and Marv did a great job bringing in loads of talent from the draft.