PDA

View Full Version : Nall getting hurt may have beent he best thing to happen to him.

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2006, 09:21 AM
He gave JP and Holcomb more snaps to expose how they both suck.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2006, 09:22 AM
NALL BALL BABY!

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
:snicker:.

what's scary and he comes back and can't beat the 2, that means he blows.

Night Train
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Riding the bench as a 3rd stringer for 4 years in GB , then getting hurt on the 2nd day of Bills camp shows a long term plan that's coming together perfectly ! :dance:

In Nall, I....wait a minute...

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
The other 2 look so bad that it won't take much to beat them.

madness
08-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm figuring he's going to be a little rusty coming back from his injury, so that should even up the competition right from the start.

Iehoshua
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Nall getting hurt also exposed sucky posts like this one.

DraftBoy
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Nall getting hurt also exposed sucky posts like this one.

Also exposed many blind loyalties for no real reasons

Iehoshua
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Were you taking a shot at almighty Holcomb, you JP lover!?

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 12:38 PM

The only blind loyalty that is misplaced is by fans to the Org period. Its well past time for the Bills org to start fielding winning teams and EARN our loyalty back.

BidsJr
08-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Nall has started 14 games in his last 10 years post high school.

Has about the same experiance as Drew Henson.

I have zero faith that someone of his lack of experiance is going to go into a NFL stadium with the game on the on the line and not fall on his face.

Frankly minus his 2 starts at LSU, he probably hasn't taken meaningful snaps (game in balance) in front of more than 15000 people in his entire life.

ibatiger
08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Nall has started 14 games in his last 10 years post high school.

Has about the same experiance as Drew Henson.

I have zero faith that someone of his lack of experiance is going to go into a NFL stadium with the game on the on the line and not fall on his face.

Frankly minus his 2 starts at LSU, he probably hasn't taken meaningful snaps (game in balance) in front of more than 15000 people in his entire life.

This is absurd. First of all, as a RS freshman he came into the LSU/ND game at ND after the regular QB went down as time was running out and led the team on a length of the field drive with several difficult completions only to have the final throw bounce off the receivers chest in the endzone.

At NSU, which plays a very good level of 1aa ball he played in front of large crowds on the road on numerous cases. One was at TCU when he led his team on a last second drive to tie the game and then win in overtime. Another was in -20 degree temps at Montana in the playoffs where a home grown call in the endzone on a pass from him robbed NSU of a first round win against the eventual national champ. That was also on the last play of the game. He also played in clutch situations in the 10 games he played and started in NFLE. He led Green Bay to a win at Chicago in 2004, even though he didn't start. He may not have a lot of experience, but he has as much as many highly drafted QBs who came into the league after only two years of starting in college, or those who were backups and only played one year in a high profile program. This is a most useless, meaningless point of argument that anybody could offer.

Goobylal
08-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, the misguided/placed faith in Nall, a virtual nobody in the NFL landscape, is pretty hilarious. The guy had ONE practice where he didn't look like a total scrub, and then he gets hurt.

Face it boys, the job is JP's. Nall will be #3 this year and #2 next year.

YardRat
08-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Nall can't win the starting job if he's sitting on the sideline rehabbing an injury while the rest of the team is on the field.

Oh...Wait a minute...That's how JP 'won' it last year, isn't it?

ibatiger
08-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah, the misguided/placed faith in Nall, a virtual nobody in the NFL landscape, is pretty hilarious. The guy had ONE practice where he didn't look like a total scrub, and then he gets hurt.

Face it boys, the job is JP's. Nall will be #3 this year and #2 next year.

Actually, he outplayed the other QBs for five days in a row, going back to the last three days of minicamp. The others were (and still are) averaging about one interception every practice for the seven practices on those five days while Nall threw none. He had clearly gotten the offense down and was making the right reads and throws on virtually every play. If you think he's a scrub then just go on thinking it. But spare me your fake surprise and indignation when he is named the starter.

Goobylal
08-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Please show me the reports where it said that Nall EVER looked better than Holcomb or Losman, outside of the day or day before he got hurt.

BidsJr
08-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Please show me the reports where it said that Nall EVER looked better than Holcomb or Losman, outside of the day or day before he got hurt.

This is Nalls wife posting remember. Or some close family member.

They can claim how great this guy is all they want, but there is a reason he never rose to the top.

Hey I remember Frank Reich leading the greatest comebacks in NFL and NCAA history. But he was no Jim Kelly. He was no Starter. He showed flashes, but not enough to be "the" guy.

Nall is a carreer backup at best. Couldn't hack the competition at LSU, and doesn't have the experiance over the last 10 years to develope the moxie to lead a NFL team.

To think giving this guy w/o the physical tools that JP has the nod has to go down as the least objective post in "history."

At least JP has tools and pedigree.

Kerr
08-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Screw nall.