Why is anyone shocked Holcomb is starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Why is anyone shocked Holcomb is starting?

He has been DJ's pick from day one and will be given every opportunity to keep the starting job. DJ doesn't want a gunslinger like losman. Its not in DJ's makeup to have that type of QB.

he wants a veteran so he doesnt' have to deal with the other veterans whining. He also wants a guy that possibly won't lose games. Dump off passes and run the ball will be DJ's M.O. if he can get away with it. Problem is Holcomb has been directly responsible for losing several games in his career.

Sat night, I am with LOG. I hope carolina sacks him 3x, forces a couple fumbles and picks his ass off at least 2x. Personally, I hope he gets knocked out like he did against KC so we can end this farce
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Re: Why is anyone shocked Holcomb is starting?

He has been DJ's pick from day one

I've said this for a long time now.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Please disclose your inside sources.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• doomsdayvirus
        decade of fail
        • Oct 2005

DJ is just playing "rotating QB's" losman will start the next preseason game.
        d00Mz

http://www.DecadeOfFail.com

FAIL SALE!!!: ALL T-Shirts, any size, now only $6.99!!

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

do you really think anyone is going to light it up in the next 2 preseason games? i really think that the second preseason game, where JP starts, is the definining moment of where this team is heading for years to come. i wouldnt place too much emphasis on how JP plays against the Jag's scrubs. but i think if he sucks royally, thats a telling sign too.

here we go, preseason...wooo

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Who's shocked? I'm not. Different reason though. Dick Jauron starts Holcomb this week. He is of course listed first on the depth chart, and he has not made a decision on the starter for the season. Losman will start the Cincinnati preseason game, and play at least as long with the starters as Holcomb will on Saturday.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Please disclose your inside sources.
              nobody has to have one. Its just fact. Day after day it DJ just keeps proving me more right. Why? because I already knew better. Holcomb is DJ's pick, its his nature. The ONLY way JP wins this flat out lie of a QB competition is if holcomb gets severly tore up by opposing defenses OR gets hurt.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                nobody has to have one. Its just fact. Day after day it DJ just keeps proving me more right. Why? because I already knew better. Holcomb is DJ's pick, its his nature. The ONLY way JP wins this flat out lie of a QB competition is if holcomb gets severly tore up by opposing defenses OR gets hurt.
                So your opinion is fact? Yeah right!!!

When JP started taking the snaps w/ the first unit right after you whined about KH getting snaps, you stop posting crap about the "unfair competition".

NOw that KH is named starter of the 1st preseason, you're saying "you knew better" like you knew better as to how Marv and Dick were gonna draft, right?

sacrifice1

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

So your opinion is fact? Yeah right!!!

When JP started taking the snaps w/ the first unit right after you whined about KH getting snaps, you stop posting crap about the "unfair competition".

NOw that KH is named starter of the 1st preseason, you're saying "you knew better" like you knew better as to how Marv and Dick were gonna draft, right?

What does How I THOUGHT about how they MIGHT draft have anything to do with the FACT I know about these joke QB compeitions.

I have been right all along and am still right justa. Its sad you can't admit that FACT. I have been man enough to admit I was wrong on this board, you might want to try it, its not as bad as you might think.

Unless Holcomb flat blows up and or gets hurt, he starts sep 10th. It has been DJ and Marvs intention all along. But again, things can change. They can give him all the snaps with the first string they want, he craps out against Carolina, Cinci etc then they can't start him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

What does How I THOUGHT about how they MIGHT draft have anything to do with the FACT I know about these joke QB compeitions.

I have been right all along and am still right justa. Its sad you can't admit that FACT. I have been man enough to admit I was wrong on this board, you might want to try it, its not as bad as you might think.

Unless Holcomb flat blows up and or gets hurt, he starts sep 10th. It has been DJ and Marvs intention all along. But again, things can change. They can give him all the snaps with the first string they want, he craps out against Carolina, Cinci etc then they can't start him.
                    So you're telling us that Jauron is stupid by insisting on starintg Holcomb from the very begining before he saw what KH could do in Fairchild's system ? You're also telling us that if JP's lights it up in preseason that KH was Jaurons boy anyways?

I don't think Marv is that stupid either. Don't tell me Marv is willing to jeopardize his leagcy by insisting on KH to be his qb right from the get-go without even seeing if he can run Fairchilds suytem? There are no facts to state that Holcomb was Jauron's qb all along other than you making assumptions. Your word is not fact. It never was and never will be. Deal with it.

I agree with you 100% that JP should start but I won't agree with your other ASSUMPTIONS as to what Jauron is thinking. Here's a FACT, KH was not brought in by Jauron. He wasn't Jaurons personal pick.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

So you're telling us that Jauron is stupid by insisting on starintg Holcomb from the very begining before he saw what KH could do in Fairchild's system ? You're also telling us that if JP's lights it up in preseason that KH was Jaurons boy anyways?

I don't think Marv is that stupid either. Don't tell me Marv is willing to jeopardize his leagcy by insisting on KH to be his qb right from the get-go without even seeing if he can run Fairchilds suytem? There are no facts to state that Holcomb was Jauron's qb all along other than you making assumptions. Your word is not fact. It never was and never will be. Deal with it.

I agree with you 100% that JP should start but I won't agree with your other ASSUMPTIONS as to what Jauron is thinking. Here's a FACT, KH was not brought in by Jauron. He wasn't Jaurons personal pick.
                      Its fact he was the guy Jaruon wants to go with. Veteran, pretty much safe. And if not allowed to throw the ball deep, wont' lose you games. YES he is Jaruons pick. and yes justa its fact. holcomb is Marv and DJ's pick on this team.

That said they would both love to have tom brady, but I digress.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Its fact he was the guy Jaruon wants to go with. Veteran, pretty much safe. And if not allowed to throw the ball deep, wont' lose you games. YES he is Jaruons pick. and yes justa its fact. holcomb is Marv and DJ's pick on this team.

That said they would both love to have tom brady, but I digress.
                        Fairchild's system requires downfield passing. Fairchild, Dick, Marv brought in speedy wrs that can go deep.Yeah it makes sense that KH was their qb from the get-go.

As long as you're the one assuming, it's fact. I believe you.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• djjimkelly
                          • Apr 2003

whos hoping for a semi permanent injury to holcomb i know i am. hes the anti qb

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Fairchild's system requires downfield passing. Fairchild, Dick, Marv brought in speedy wrs that can go deep.Yeah it makes sense that KH was their qb from the get-go.

As long as you're the one assuming, it's fact. I believe you.
                            Its also been pointed out in St louis they throw shorter patterns and allow the WR's to RAC. Sorry, I'm still right.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                              whos hoping for a semi permanent injury to holcomb i know i am. hes the anti qb
                              I hope he sucks then Peppers and Co knock him the hell out costing him 3 weeks or so of play. Name JP the starter, let Nall come back and do well and lets cut Holcomb from the damn roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X