PDA

View Full Version : What QBs will be available in upcoming cuts?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I really think we need another QB here. I am ok with letting Losman take the job and run with it....but if he craps out or is injured, how can we just move on with Holcomb at the helm? I just don't see how it is possible.

Any ideas?

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I am actually happy w/ Holcomb as a BACK UP and nothing more.

Ickybaluky
08-11-2006, 01:16 PM
There is talk that St. Louis might release Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jeff Smoker.

They have Marc Bulger cemented as a starter and Gus Frerotte as a proven backup. They traded a draft pick to bring in Dave Ragone, who was a very good QB at Louisville when Scott Linehan was the OC there.

Ragone has sucked as a pro, but given his past with Linehan it might give him the edge over Fitzpatrick or Smoker. Smoker hasn't played in his first 2 seasons, but Fitzpatrick has some experience (played real well against Indy last night) and is intriguing as a developmental player coming off his rookie year.

Also, Buffalo OC Steve Fairchild is probably very familiar with both players since he coached them both with the Rams. I could see where he might want to bring one of them in, given their familiarity with his offense.

Also, Fitzpatrick is an Ivy League guy (Harvard), which might appeal to Marv Levy.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I am actually happy w/ Holcomb as a BACK UP and nothing more.

I'm not. Nall should be the backup and holcomb someone elses headache

raphael120
08-11-2006, 01:18 PM
bring back FLUTIE!!! oh and you wouldve never guessed that marv would be back... haha

ICE74129
There is talk that St. Louis might release Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jeff Smoker.

They have Marc Bulger cemented as a starter and Gus Frerotte as a proven backup. They traded a draft pick to bring in Dave Ragone, who was a very good QB at Louisville when Scott Linehan was the OC there.

Ragone has sucked as a pro, but given his past with Linehan it might give him the edge over Fitzpatrick or Smoker. Smoker hasn't played in his first 2 seasons, but Fitzpatrick has some experience (played real well against Indy last night) and is intriguing as a developmental player coming off his rookie year.

Also, Buffalo OC Steve Fairchild is probably very familiar with both players since he coached them both with the Rams. I could see where he might want to bring one of them in, given their familiarity with his offense.

they release fitzpatrick and he will be a bill within 24 hours if he makes it to us waiver wire wise.

djjimkelly
who that **** cares what qbs available JP is the QB

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm not. Nall should be the backup and holcomb someone elses headache
Nall shouldn't be anything until he is able to prove he is capable. He hasn't even done squat to prove he's capable of 3rd string.

ICe , your hatred for Holcomb is starting to make you imagine things.

Ickybaluky
08-11-2006, 01:21 PM
they release fitzpatrick and he will be a bill within 24 hours if he makes it to us waiver wire wise.

Keep in mind as a 2nd-year player he is subject to the waiver process. Buffalo picks pretty high in the waiver hierarchy, but one of the teams above them could put a claim in on Fitzpatrick and get him first.

Gunzlingr
08-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Jeff George and Kerry Collins are available.

bigbub2352
08-11-2006, 01:34 PM
wow we would go thru the same pains with anyone that was mentioned that we would with JP, i like having Kelly as a backup nothing more, and Nall as 3 or 2 however that plays out, but if they cut Kelly which i dont think they will, then we would be looking at picking up a vet to help the kid JP

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Nall shouldn't be anything until he is able to prove he is capable. He hasn't even done squat to prove he's capable of 3rd string.

ICe , your hatred for Holcomb is starting to make you imagine things.

yeah I hate the sob and hope he gets knocked out and off of our roster tomorrow night. he is a POS cancer and locker room laywer and I cant stand those punks. he is being pushed on us by another set of coaches when the guy is just a career backup. There is no reason at all that this guy should sniff a shot at starting, but hey, this IS buffalo.

djjimkelly
08-11-2006, 01:52 PM
yeah I hate the sob and hope he gets knocked out and off of our roster tomorrow night. he is a POS cancer and locker room laywer and I cant stand those punks. he is being pushed on us by another set of coaches when the guy is just a career backup. There is no reason at all that this guy should sniff a shot at starting, but hey, this IS buffalo.

while i share your absolute hatred for kelly HOMOBUM i dont think coaches pushing him on team. they are trying to make JP win the job. however i disagree with that move becuz some in locker room may be on the HOMOs side.

CUT HOLCOMB NOW!!!!!!!

Dozerdog
08-11-2006, 01:55 PM
What QBs will be available in upcoming cuts?
Any ideas?

Sucky ones

Ickybaluky
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Sucky ones

They should fit right in then.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
My feeling as to why Holcomb shouldn't be on this roster is that he is probably one of the worst fits at the QB position in the league for our system. We need a guy who can air it out to be backing up. I see it as JP, Nall, an Holcomb for now. He just doesn't have what it takes for this offense.

Mr. Cynical
08-11-2006, 03:55 PM
I really think we need another QB here. I am ok with letting Losman take the job and run with it....but if he craps out or is injured, how can we just move on with Holcomb at the helm? I just don't see how it is possible.

Any ideas?

100% agree. We're going into the season with all our hopes riding on JP. That's fine.....that's what you get with having for all intents and purposes a rook at the position and you have to give him the chance...but I'm also not reading that he is not exactly tearing it up in camp.

So if JP craps out, we have nothing on the roster worth a damn and we will really stink it up. The only positive thing in that case wil be that we'll have finally come to know what JP is all about and we'll get a high draft pick to (ostensibly) draft another QB.

Let's just hope Dick isn't that stupid to start KH in the regular season and hope JP shines when in real games. Otherwise this will be Yet Another Wasted Year.

Mr. Cynical
08-11-2006, 03:58 PM
They should fit right in then.

As an objective football fan, I agree.

As a Bills fan speaking to a Pats fan, go **** yourself. :snicker:

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Sucky ones They are all better than holcomb

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Who else can't wait for Willis to give Bruschi that stiff arm as he runs by him?

YardRat
08-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Who else can't wait for Willis to give Bruschi that stiff arm as he runs by him?

What stiff arm? The one he left at home all of last year?

TigerJ
08-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Smoker came back from off- field problems at Michigan State I think it was. He's got a pretty good arm and might be a good developmental guy. Fitzpatrick showed a lot of poise when force to play because of injuries to others. I don't know how live his arm is though.

Kerr
08-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah we'll need another qb to replace nall on the bench.