• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Does TKO bother anyone else?

Brees got hurt long after TKO. Cullpepper about 6 games or more later if I remember correctly.

TKO shows up and proclaims he won't be playing in any preseason games. Brees and Cullpepper are playing this weekend.

I'm sorry, I have had serious injuries, and as an athlete, coach and hell...as a MAN his lack of want to is bothering me. if anything he needs to get out there and start putting the heel under some stress and hit a couple guys. I would say 2 series tops against carolina. then 3-4 against cinci, then a quarter the cleveland game and maybe the same against detroit.

he is looked at as a leader on this team but I am seeing other athletes ACT like it by trying to get out there ASAP.

TKO a Buffalo bill or not, it bothers me.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Does TKO bother anyone else?

nope!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Not at all.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
        nope!
        smart ass.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

so whats his excuse. Are you guys giving this guy a free ride because he is a Bill? If they can make it back this fast he surely can. Or is his bigger, tougher blah blah blah just bs? I would think if a guy is that tough, surely he can make it back on the field and be a leader faster than a couple wimpy QB's?

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

doesn't bother me either. Knee injuries are all different
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

When it comes to intangibles like "will to win" & "desire to play," Takeo Spikes is the absolute last guy I'd question.

"Bills fans expect to see the type of player I was before the injury. They won’t see that. They will see an even better Takeo Spikes prior to my injury. I guess I can kind of sum it up in an analogy: Imagine a wild hungry dog that hasn’t had nothing to eat in a long time but throw him in a meathouse and just lock the door. Dead meat. And people are going to have to deal with it." - Takeo Spikes

He's the baddest mother ****er in the NFL.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                so whats his excuse. Are you guys giving this guy a free ride because he is a Bill? If they can make it back this fast he surely can. Or is his bigger, tougher blah blah blah just bs? I would think if a guy is that tough, surely he can make it back on the field and be a leader faster than a couple wimpy QB's?
                I know if you detached your achilles you would be back on your feet screaming at little kids that missed their blocking assignments in a week or two, but TKO isn't as strong as you and it takes time.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Brees got hurt long after TKO. Cullpepper about 6 games or more later if I remember correctly.

TKO shows up and proclaims he won't be playing in any preseason games. Brees and Cullpepper are playing this weekend.

I'm sorry, I have had serious injuries, and as an athlete, coach and hell...as a MAN his lack of want to is bothering me. if anything he needs to get out there and start putting the heel under some stress and hit a couple guys. I would say 2 series tops against carolina. then 3-4 against cinci, then a quarter the cleveland game and maybe the same against detroit.

he is looked at as a leader on this team but I am seeing other athletes ACT like it by trying to get out there ASAP.

TKO a Buffalo bill or not, it bothers me.
                  Are you a Bills fan? If so and have been one for more than this offseason, then you know that Sam Cowart had a very similar injury, and it takes awhile to come back from it 100% (if at all). It's a lot different than knee surgery or shoulder surgery (not that I'm taking anything away from those guys).

Not many here are shooting from the hip. the facts are there, and in mass. All you have to do is go back and start clicking on threads, reports, blogs etc. No one here can help it you won't accept them.

Jon

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

TKO will play when it counts.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JoeMama
                      When it comes to intangibles like "will to win" & "desire to play," Takeo Spikes is the absolute last guy I'd question.

"Bills fans expect to see the type of player I was before the injury. They won’t see that. They will see an even better Takeo Spikes prior to my injury. I guess I can kind of sum it up in an analogy: Imagine a wild hungry dog that hasn’t had nothing to eat in a long time but throw him in a meathouse and just lock the door. Dead meat. And people are going to have to deal with it." - Takeo Spikes

He's the baddest mother ****er in the NFL.
                      Prove it, play this weekend. Otherwise its all talk.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                        Are you a Bills fan? If so and have been one for more than this offseason, then you know that Sam Cowart had a very similar injury, and it takes awhile to come back from it 100% (if at all). It's a lot different than knee surgery or shoulder surgery (not that I'm taking anything away from those guys).

Not many here are shooting from the hip. the facts are there, and in mass. All you have to do is go back and start clicking on threads, reports, blogs etc. No one here can help it you won't accept them.

Jon
                        LOL good one.

That said, TKO coming out and proclaiming he wasn't going to play this preseason was stupid. It sends a bad signal. 'You bet your ass I am going to try and play' would have been better. now if he played or not is another issue :-)

As for as injuries, I know tons about them, Hate the little buggars! But if Cullpepper can blow 3 knee ligaments, TKO can at least make an apperance on the field

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                          • Jul 2002

Deuce isn't playing either as a precaution, and he got hurt early in the season.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

As for as injuries, I know tons about them,
                            yet you don't seem to realize that every injury heals differently Sorry, but there is no real set time that a particular injury takes to heal completely. It differs from person to person.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

It doesn't bother me from TKO's mental standpoint that he's not playing, but yes, anyone coming back from an Achilles' injury does bother me in terms of recurring injury and/or ability to come back 100%.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X