PDA

View Full Version : Does TKO bother anyone else?

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Brees got hurt long after TKO. Cullpepper about 6 games or more later if I remember correctly.

TKO shows up and proclaims he won't be playing in any preseason games. Brees and Cullpepper are playing this weekend.

I'm sorry, I have had serious injuries, and as an athlete, coach and hell...as a MAN his lack of want to is bothering me. if anything he needs to get out there and start putting the heel under some stress and hit a couple guys. I would say 2 series tops against carolina. then 3-4 against cinci, then a quarter the cleveland game and maybe the same against detroit.

he is looked at as a leader on this team but I am seeing other athletes ACT like it by trying to get out there ASAP.

TKO a Buffalo bill or not, it bothers me.

lordofgun
08-11-2006, 04:06 PM
nope!

Gunzlingr
08-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Not at all.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 04:08 PM
nope!

smart ass.

:bandwagon

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 04:09 PM
so whats his excuse. Are you guys giving this guy a free ride because he is a Bill? If they can make it back this fast he surely can. Or is his bigger, tougher blah blah blah just bs? I would think if a guy is that tough, surely he can make it back on the field and be a leader faster than a couple wimpy QB's?

Stewie
08-11-2006, 04:09 PM
doesn't bother me either. Knee injuries are all different

JoeMama
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
When it comes to intangibles like "will to win" & "desire to play," Takeo Spikes is the absolute last guy I'd question.

"Bills fans expect to see the type of player I was before the injury. They won’t see that. They will see an even better Takeo Spikes prior to my injury. I guess I can kind of sum it up in an analogy: Imagine a wild hungry dog that hasn’t had nothing to eat in a long time but throw him in a meathouse and just lock the door. Dead meat. And people are going to have to deal with it." - Takeo Spikes

He's the baddest mother ****er in the NFL.

Gunzlingr
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
so whats his excuse. Are you guys giving this guy a free ride because he is a Bill? If they can make it back this fast he surely can. Or is his bigger, tougher blah blah blah just bs? I would think if a guy is that tough, surely he can make it back on the field and be a leader faster than a couple wimpy QB's?

I know if you detached your achilles you would be back on your feet screaming at little kids that missed their blocking assignments in a week or two, but TKO isn't as strong as you and it takes time.

Mudflap1
08-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Brees got hurt long after TKO. Cullpepper about 6 games or more later if I remember correctly.

TKO shows up and proclaims he won't be playing in any preseason games. Brees and Cullpepper are playing this weekend.

I'm sorry, I have had serious injuries, and as an athlete, coach and hell...as a MAN his lack of want to is bothering me. if anything he needs to get out there and start putting the heel under some stress and hit a couple guys. I would say 2 series tops against carolina. then 3-4 against cinci, then a quarter the cleveland game and maybe the same against detroit.

he is looked at as a leader on this team but I am seeing other athletes ACT like it by trying to get out there ASAP.

Are you a Bills fan? If so and have been one for more than this offseason, then you know that Sam Cowart had a very similar injury, and it takes awhile to come back from it 100% (if at all). It's a lot different than knee surgery or shoulder surgery (not that I'm taking anything away from those guys).

Not many here are shooting from the hip. the facts are there, and in mass. All you have to do is go back and start clicking on threads, reports, blogs etc. No one here can help it you won't accept them.

Jon

Mitchy moo
08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
TKO will play when it counts.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
When it comes to intangibles like "will to win" & "desire to play," Takeo Spikes is the absolute last guy I'd question.

"Bills fans expect to see the type of player I was before the injury. They won’t see that. They will see an even better Takeo Spikes prior to my injury. I guess I can kind of sum it up in an analogy: Imagine a wild hungry dog that hasn’t had nothing to eat in a long time but throw him in a meathouse and just lock the door. Dead meat. And people are going to have to deal with it." - Takeo Spikes

He's the baddest mother ****er in the NFL.

Prove it, play this weekend. Otherwise its all talk.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Are you a Bills fan? If so and have been one for more than this offseason, then you know that Sam Cowart had a very similar injury, and it takes awhile to come back from it 100% (if at all). It's a lot different than knee surgery or shoulder surgery (not that I'm taking anything away from those guys).

Not many here are shooting from the hip. the facts are there, and in mass. All you have to do is go back and start clicking on threads, reports, blogs etc. No one here can help it you won't accept them.

Jon

LOL good one. :bandwagon

That said, TKO coming out and proclaiming he wasn't going to play this preseason was stupid. It sends a bad signal. 'You bet your ass I am going to try and play' would have been better. now if he played or not is another issue :-)

As for as injuries, I know tons about them, Hate the little buggars! But if Cullpepper can blow 3 knee ligaments, TKO can at least make an apperance on the field

Gunzlingr
08-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Deuce isn't playing either as a precaution, and he got hurt early in the season.

The_Philster
08-11-2006, 04:40 PM
As for as injuries, I know tons about them, yet you don't seem to realize that every injury heals differently :shakeno: Sorry, but there is no real set time that a particular injury takes to heal completely. It differs from person to person.

Mudflap1
08-11-2006, 04:42 PM
It doesn't bother me from TKO's mental standpoint that he's not playing, but yes, anyone coming back from an Achilles' injury does bother me in terms of recurring injury and/or ability to come back 100%.

Jon

Dr. Lecter
08-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Prove it, play this weekend. Otherwise its all talk.

If he played and re-injured himself because he was not ready, you would be the first person calling for Jauron's head.

Playing in a pre-season game proves crap. It proves nothing. Epecially the first freaking pre-season game.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-11-2006, 04:48 PM
I think it's just the type of injury he had as well as the team and himself knowing how important he is to this team on and off the field. They don't want to risk anything until they absolutely have to. I don't see any sense in playing him in the pre-season because if he did and he got hurt we would all be pissed that it was in a pre-season game and be calling for the coaching staff's heads.

ICE74129
08-11-2006, 04:56 PM
yet you don't seem to realize that every injury heals differently :shakeno: Sorry, but there is no real set time that a particular injury takes to heal completely. It differs from person to person.

Its not that signifigant a difference. Not only that unlike the rest of us, he had the best surgeons, and therapy money can buy...just like cullpepper.

But again Bills fans make excuses because he is a Buffalo Bill.

The_Philster
08-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Its not that signifigant a difference. Not only that unlike the rest of us, he had the best surgeons, and therapy money can buy...just like cullpepper.

But again Bills fans make excuses because he is a Buffalo Bill.
I didn't realize you were inside TKO's body and can tell exactly how his body feels ....give me a break. I think he should be back on the field tomorrow night too, but if he says he can't, it's idiotic to say we know his body better than he does.

justasportsfan
08-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm excited about another lb stepping up like Crowell did.

shelby
08-11-2006, 05:22 PM
i'd prefer TKO sit out the preseason games rather than risk re-injury. Preseason is meaningless.
i'd say the same for any player, Bill or not.

Dozerdog
08-11-2006, 05:24 PM

QBs don't run full speed and then crash into a wall of blockers or hammer ball carriers. They drop back 3 steps and throw.

Big whup.

ParanoidAndroid
08-11-2006, 05:25 PM
You've got to be kidding me. :poop:

HAMMER
08-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Ice is starting to melt, worst thread of the year. Now you are a doctor, it is amazing how talented you are. Top notch football coach and a medicine man, wow.

SquishDaFish
08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
This has got to be nominated for WORST Thread of the YEAR! Give it a damn break Ice. Go be a fan of the Raiders or something jesus. I rather see every veteran who has proven himself sit out the first 2 preseason games anyway for injury purposes that way they are there when it matters. SIT OUT TKO and be ready for when it COUNTS!

Earthquake Enyart
08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
I think Ice is right. They are hiding something.

Ickybaluky
08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Todd Pinkson ruptured his achilles before Spikes and he still isn't back. He tried to practice and has had to sit out since then because he suffered a setback.

unpaid_bills
08-11-2006, 05:51 PM
TKO ruptured his achilles. Speaking from experience (I have done it twice) its a long recovery 9-12months easy). Plus why risk it during pre-season if its not 100% not like he has to prove anything. Brees injured his shoulder, not the same inj. Granted Dante did a number on his knee if he comes back 100% I will be surprised. I doubt he will play much during pre-season.

No, TKO's attitude doesn't bother me, In fact wish he had more like him.

YardRat
08-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Pre-season means nothing. I only care about him being on the field opening day, and the rest of the regular season thereafter.

DMBcrew36
08-11-2006, 06:27 PM
This thread is ******ed. Takeos injury is completely different than Culpepper's or Brees'.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2006, 06:31 PM
the only thing that bothers me with spikes is that stupid little act he does after making a tackle.just STFU and get ready for the next play spikes.

Goobylal
08-11-2006, 06:38 PM
ICE: You're not a doctor so stop pretending to be one (even if you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night). An achilles injury is TOTALLY different from an ACL/PCL/MCL/LCL injury. The former has ended the career of many a pro athlete. The latter has seen numerous success stories. Be thankful if Spikes can even PLAY this year, much less at a high enough level, before you go spouting off about how he SHOULD be playing in the meaningless pre-season. Sheesh!

Night Train
08-11-2006, 06:47 PM
As I type, I happen to be wearing a #51 home jersey. Not kidding.

The guy is the rare type you always root for. He's all heart. I rooted for Speilman the same way. He gives you everything.

Captain gameboy
08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
I am surprised at the thought that he is dogging it.
If anything happens to that achilles again, his career is over.
I cannot , off the top of my head, name an injury that should be taken more seriously for a linebacker.
His motivation is the least of my worries about this team.
I could not care less about seeing him during preseason.

LtBillsFan66
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Bother me? Nope. I think he's doing the right thing.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-11-2006, 10:18 PM
sorry Ice, I dont want TKO to be anywhere near a preseason game. If he can play in the opener thats good enough. He does not need to prove anything to me.

ILOVEMIBILLS
08-12-2006, 12:14 AM
TKO has been determined to get back on the field and would probably love to play in today's game, but he and more importantly the coaching staff, realize that everything is a work in progress.

There are four preseason games. I doubt it would be a huge deal if he missed a couple. For example, how will today's game impact the Bills' Regular Season - Slim to None.

Jeff1220
08-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I've read through a few posts in this thread, not all, but after reading the statement(s) by Ice in this post, I have come to a conclusion...
This is the dumbest, most ******ed thread ever! How can you claim to know anything about anything, let alone athletics when you are comparing TKO's ruptured achilles injury to Brees' shoulder injury and Pep's knee injury? You have officially embarassed youself by posting such nonsense.

Jan Reimers
08-12-2006, 12:41 PM
TKO sustained a very serious Achilles injury, one from which many athletes never completely recover. I think the Bills and Spikes both agree that a conservative approach is best with this severe an injury, and don't want to risk a big setback in the rehab process in a meaningless preseason game.

zone
08-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I can’t believe I wasted my time reading this thread. I want those 5 minutes of my life back. I think this might very well be the dumbest thing I have every laid my eyes on.

feelthepain
08-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Three different injuries, three different players ,three different results. TKO has proven he's one of the best LB's in the game, he shouldn't have to play till it counts.

Mad Bomber
08-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Three different injuries, three different players ,three different results. TKO has proven he's one of the best LB's in the game, he shouldn't have to play till it counts.

This HURTS, but....:posrep:

Mad Bomber
08-12-2006, 01:30 PM

Negged.

I tore an Achilles once, and it took a VERY long time to heal. I want TKO at 100% in the REGULAR season, when it COUNTS.

Cntrygal
08-12-2006, 01:32 PM
This HURTS, but....:posrep:

No kidding. Too many statements like that will get him in the green. :eek2:

Mad Bomber
08-12-2006, 02:49 PM
No kidding. Too many statements like that will get him in the green. :eek2:

True. If he keeps posting intelligent, lucid things like that, he could become one of my favorite Zoners.

Carlton Bailey
08-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Ray Lewis didn't play in his preseason game yesterday, either. I guess we should all be questioning his desire. This topic is a joke.

raphael120
08-12-2006, 03:49 PM
hey man, you dont make T-shirts uppin the ante on yourself if youre not going to really be into it. apparently you know nothing of TKO as a person and his view of football being his life. remember how he didnt miss ANY games, save 1 due to his fathers death, up until the injury. i think out of a lot of the bills, he's the most intense and passioned player.

Drive 4 Five
08-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey ICE. I hate to do this but please do us all a favor and...

:stfu:

Drive 4 Five
08-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Get the f**k out of here with that bulls**t already.

:loser: