PDA

View Full Version : Price's agent is really starting to confuse me.

Romes
02-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Practically everything I have heard Peerless and TD say is contradictory to what this McGee guy is saying. But this one really confuses me more than the rest. Remember, yesterday when he was comlaining about the tag being done in an unproffesional way. That there was no warning of the Bills putting the tag on PP. Well, look at this statement made by TD in a D&C article today.

''When we talked to Tim McGee on Tuesday and told him we were considering giving Peerless the tag, he told us Peerless can live with that,'' Donahoe said.

So, first of all, he new the tag might be coming. Second of all, he said that PP would be content with that. Instead later, he was spewing all the rhetoric about TD being unproffesional, the tag came out of no where, and now PP is really pissed. I realize what TD said might not be the whole truth, that it is one man's word against another but I still feel TD's side of the story is very interesting.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/051/sports/Donahoe_Franchising_Price_was_:.shtml

Buffarama
02-21-2003, 10:14 AM
McGee could be a major baffoon. I wonder how much money he stands to lose if Peerless get's franchised versus signs a long term deal. My guess is quite a bit.

BLeonard
02-21-2003, 10:17 AM
That's why you don't put much stock into what an agent says. :)

-Bill

BillsNYC
02-21-2003, 10:54 AM
McGee is an agent and he is 100% about money and anything he says is an effort to get peerless to make as much as possible so he gets paid as much as possible. of course...peerless is all about himself and the money...so they make a good team cuz neither can be trusted.

Tatonka
02-21-2003, 12:06 PM
http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10516

kgun12
02-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Again until PP talks for himself whatever his agent says reprents PP wishes. It's like anything even the President, if Flishmen says "the president believes" people are going to take that the President said it. period. if PP agent is a baffoon than it's one of two things PP is a baffoon or PP must fire the "Baffoon"

Romes
02-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
if PP agent is a baffoon than it's one of two things PP is a baffoon or PP must fire the "Baffoon"

Good point. I would say though that PP may well be a "baffoon." He is a football player, I don't mean to say that football players are stupid, because I know many are not. What I mean is that PP's expertice is football, not contract negotiations. Afterall, that is why players have agents. Therefore in the world of contract negotiations PP might well be a "baffoon" for picking and keeping a "baffoon" of an agent.

Bufftp
02-21-2003, 05:37 PM
remember, what is publicly said and wghat is privatly said are often two different things. Td just allowed some private talk to go public. Oh well.