• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Jay Cutler

I just got a chance to sit down and watch my first series of downs this preseason and Cutler was the QB. He sure looks good out there. I know it's just preseason and against scrubs...but he looked better than I have ever seen JP look. Our whole organization is a joke.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Jay Cutler

Originally posted by Typ0
    I just got a chance to sit down and watch my first series of downs this preseason and Cutler was the QB. He sure looks good out there. I know it's just preseason and against scrubs...but he looked better than I have ever seen JP look. Our whole organization is a joke.
    He's gonna be a great QB. Especially under the guidance of Shanahan.

He's probably lucky he didn't get drafted by us. This organization would've ruined him like every other young QB with the exception of Kelly and he wouldn't have the same success.

This team can't groom young QB's. When you hire the worst coaches out there for the cheapest price that will usually lead to that type of a situation.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Good to see Bills supporters on here, keep up the good work guys.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
        Good to see Bills supporters on here, keep up the good work guys.
        We support the Bills. We just don't blindly think everything is perfect with our team like some people.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
          We support the Bills. We just don't blindly think everything is perfect with our team like some people.

This organization would've ruined him like every other young QB with the exception of Kelly and he wouldn't have the same success.
          So your claim is we ruined all of our young QB's ? In what way is that a supportive statement?

Most of you are blind and don't get the bigger picture here, the Bills are my team. I cannot like everything the team does but in the bigger picture I am not in control of it and maybe it's what's best for the team. We as fans have little or no control over what a 87 yr old near Billionaire does w/ his team.

In the long run, control will get turned over and we may get a better owner or worse, who knows. I live for today and today we are alright.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

So your claim is we ruined all of our young QB's ? In what way is that a supportive statement?

Most of you are blind and don't get the bigger picture here, the Bills are my team. I cannot like everything the team does but in the bigger picture I am not in control of it and maybe it's what's best for the team. We as fans have little or no control over what a 87 yr old near Billionaire does w/ his team.

In the long run, control will get turned over and we may get a better owner or worse, who knows. I live for today and today we are alright.
            Well, none of them has panned out. It's not supporting team when the facts support it.

Todd Collins, Rob Johnson and hopefully not JP Losman.

They may have just all sucked and it didn't matter but the Bills didn't do a good job of tapping into that talent either. They didn't improve them any when they were young. They just got progressively worse.

We've had plenty of high draft picks and talented young QB's here and they have all bombed out. That's evidence.

Are you supposed to just say that they did a good job with them because you're a fan of the team?

It's your choice on whether you wanna always believe the best and never think the team makes any mistakes. It doesn't make you any more or any less of a fan either way.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Not that I'm down on JP because I really am not. I saw some really good things from him last year and only called for his benching when he just stopped doing anything. But I think there is a good chance he can put it together eventually. However, I was very taken aback when we did not draft a QB this year. Was the $$$ going to be different? No it wasn't. Sure, there would be too much tied up at the QB position but go ahead and tie it up. That position has to be solved in the next two years for at least half a decade so we can put some momentum together that will last.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Well, none of them has panned out. It's not supporting team when the facts support it.

They may have just all sucked and it didn't matter but the Bills didn't do a good job of tapping into that talent either. They didn't improve them any when they were young. They just got progressively worse.

We've had plenty of high draft picks and talented young QB's here and they have all bombed out. That's evidence.

Are you supposed to just say that they did a good job with them because you're a fan of the team?

It's your choice on whether you wanna always believe the best and never think the team makes any mistakes. It doesn't make you any more or any less of a fan either way.
                By the time they figure out it's a mistake, it's too late. It always a crap shoot regardless. I think that people get hired to do a job and be professionals. None of our players are beating their wives, crashing their bikes or commiting crimes. I guess we all have are standards here.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                  Not that I'm down on JP because I really am not. I saw some really good things from him last year and only called for his benching when he just stopped doing anything. But I think there is a good chance he can put it together eventually. However, I was very taken aback when we did not draft a QB this year. Was the $$$ going to be different? No it wasn't. Sure, there would be too much tied up at the QB position but go ahead and tie it up. That position has to be solved in the next two years for at least half a decade so we can put some momentum together that will last.
                  This is JP make or break year, he's in or out here.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

By the time they figure out it's a mistake, it's too late. It always a crap shoot regardless. I think that people get hired to do a job and be professionals. None of our players are beating their wives, crashing their bikes or commiting crimes. I guess we all have are standards here.
                    So it's ok if the coaches suck as long as they are being professional and none of the players are thugs?

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

so a guy looked decent against total scrubs one time and that means he is awesome and the bills suck..

great observation.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

16/22 for 192 and a TD.. probably the best performance in preseason history.. just incredible.. i have no idea how he did it!

gradowski was also 11/13 for 104 and 2 tds.. he clearly should be the starter in tampa.. hall of famer.

clemens was 10/14.. for 92 years.. can anyone say hall of fame? J E T S jets jets jets..

man.. everyone else is good and we are tterrible!

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

brian griese was 6/7 for 134 and 2 tds.. he is clearly the best qb in the nfl with those numbers.. damn it.. why didnt we offer that guy 50 million for 5 years! we would dominate the nfl. we suck!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

Awesome posting Tatonka

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

You know, the irony in all this is that, the Bills had solid quarterbacking from 1962 to 1996, with the exception of the injury plaged year of 1968.

We're not used to the quarterback carousel here, and it's frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X