PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler

Typ0
08-12-2006, 12:56 AM
I just got a chance to sit down and watch my first series of downs this preseason and Cutler was the QB. He sure looks good out there. I know it's just preseason and against scrubs...but he looked better than I have ever seen JP look. Our whole organization is a joke.

BillsFever21
08-12-2006, 01:00 AM
I just got a chance to sit down and watch my first series of downs this preseason and Cutler was the QB. He sure looks good out there. I know it's just preseason and against scrubs...but he looked better than I have ever seen JP look. Our whole organization is a joke.

He's gonna be a great QB. Especially under the guidance of Shanahan.

He's probably lucky he didn't get drafted by us. This organization would've ruined him like every other young QB with the exception of Kelly and he wouldn't have the same success.

This team can't groom young QB's. When you hire the worst coaches out there for the cheapest price that will usually lead to that type of a situation.

Mitchy moo
08-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Good to see Bills supporters on here, keep up the good work guys.

BillsFever21
08-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Good to see Bills supporters on here, keep up the good work guys.

We support the Bills. We just don't blindly think everything is perfect with our team like some people.

Mitchy moo
08-12-2006, 01:46 AM
We support the Bills. We just don't blindly think everything is perfect with our team like some people.

This organization would've ruined him like every other young QB with the exception of Kelly and he wouldn't have the same success.

So your claim is we ruined all of our young QB's ? In what way is that a supportive statement?

Most of you are blind and don't get the bigger picture here, the Bills are my team. I cannot like everything the team does but in the bigger picture I am not in control of it and maybe it's what's best for the team. We as fans have little or no control over what a 87 yr old near Billionaire does w/ his team.

In the long run, control will get turned over and we may get a better owner or worse, who knows. I live for today and today we are alright.

BillsFever21
08-12-2006, 01:55 AM
So your claim is we ruined all of our young QB's ? In what way is that a supportive statement?

Most of you are blind and don't get the bigger picture here, the Bills are my team. I cannot like everything the team does but in the bigger picture I am not in control of it and maybe it's what's best for the team. We as fans have little or no control over what a 87 yr old near Billionaire does w/ his team.

In the long run, control will get turned over and we may get a better owner or worse, who knows. I live for today and today we are alright.

Well, none of them has panned out. It's not supporting team when the facts support it.

Todd Collins, Rob Johnson and hopefully not JP Losman.

They may have just all sucked and it didn't matter but the Bills didn't do a good job of tapping into that talent either. They didn't improve them any when they were young. They just got progressively worse.

We've had plenty of high draft picks and talented young QB's here and they have all bombed out. That's evidence.

Are you supposed to just say that they did a good job with them because you're a fan of the team?

It's your choice on whether you wanna always believe the best and never think the team makes any mistakes. It doesn't make you any more or any less of a fan either way.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 02:03 AM
Not that I'm down on JP because I really am not. I saw some really good things from him last year and only called for his benching when he just stopped doing anything. But I think there is a good chance he can put it together eventually. However, I was very taken aback when we did not draft a QB this year. Was the $$$ going to be different? No it wasn't. Sure, there would be too much tied up at the QB position but go ahead and tie it up. That position has to be solved in the next two years for at least half a decade so we can put some momentum together that will last.

Mitchy moo
08-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Well, none of them has panned out. It's not supporting team when the facts support it.

They may have just all sucked and it didn't matter but the Bills didn't do a good job of tapping into that talent either. They didn't improve them any when they were young. They just got progressively worse.

We've had plenty of high draft picks and talented young QB's here and they have all bombed out. That's evidence.

Are you supposed to just say that they did a good job with them because you're a fan of the team?

It's your choice on whether you wanna always believe the best and never think the team makes any mistakes. It doesn't make you any more or any less of a fan either way.

By the time they figure out it's a mistake, it's too late. It always a crap shoot regardless. I think that people get hired to do a job and be professionals. None of our players are beating their wives, crashing their bikes or commiting crimes. I guess we all have are standards here.

Mitchy moo
08-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Not that I'm down on JP because I really am not. I saw some really good things from him last year and only called for his benching when he just stopped doing anything. But I think there is a good chance he can put it together eventually. However, I was very taken aback when we did not draft a QB this year. Was the $$$ going to be different? No it wasn't. Sure, there would be too much tied up at the QB position but go ahead and tie it up. That position has to be solved in the next two years for at least half a decade so we can put some momentum together that will last.

This is JP make or break year, he's in or out here.

BillsFever21
08-12-2006, 02:50 AM
By the time they figure out it's a mistake, it's too late. It always a crap shoot regardless. I think that people get hired to do a job and be professionals. None of our players are beating their wives, crashing their bikes or commiting crimes. I guess we all have are standards here.

So it's ok if the coaches suck as long as they are being professional and none of the players are thugs? :rofl:

Tatonka
08-12-2006, 03:37 AM
so a guy looked decent against total scrubs one time and that means he is awesome and the bills suck..

:rofl:

great observation.

Tatonka
08-12-2006, 03:53 AM
16/22 for 192 and a TD.. probably the best performance in preseason history.. just incredible.. i have no idea how he did it!

gradowski was also 11/13 for 104 and 2 tds.. he clearly should be the starter in tampa.. hall of famer.

clemens was 10/14.. for 92 years.. can anyone say hall of fame? J E T S jets jets jets..

man.. everyone else is good and we are tterrible!

:rolleyes:

Tatonka
08-12-2006, 03:59 AM
brian griese was 6/7 for 134 and 2 tds.. he is clearly the best qb in the nfl with those numbers.. damn it.. why didnt we offer that guy 50 million for 5 years! we would dominate the nfl. we suck!

:couch:

SquishDaFish
08-12-2006, 05:15 AM
Awesome posting Tatonka

Historian
08-12-2006, 06:25 AM

You know, the irony in all this is that, the Bills had solid quarterbacking from 1962 to 1996, with the exception of the injury plaged year of 1968.

We're not used to the quarterback carousel here, and it's frustrating.

ICE74129
08-12-2006, 06:42 AM

'Our whole organization is a joke'. You just said WHY JP has struggled so much. Put him out there with shanahan since the day he was drafted and see how good he would look by now.

Everyone wants to label the kid a bust, but you have to look at who he played for and who was 'developing' him.

ICE74129
08-12-2006, 06:43 AM
He's gonna be a great QB. Especially under the guidance of Shanahan.

He's probably lucky he didn't get drafted by us. This organization would've ruined him like every other young QB with the exception of Kelly and he wouldn't have the same success.

This team can't groom young QB's. When you hire the worst coaches out there for the cheapest price that will usually lead to that type of a situation.

It can't be said much better than that

ICE74129
08-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Good to see Bills supporters on here, keep up the good work guys.Sorry we aren't homers we tell it as it IS, not how you want it to be.

ICE74129
08-12-2006, 06:45 AM

Its not a positive statement, its fact. And let me add, Funny how bledsoe comes here and is still a good QB, sucks here, goes to dallas and starts being a decent to good QB again. Amazing huh?

ICE74129
08-12-2006, 06:46 AM
This is JP make or break year, he's in or out here.

And I'll make you a bet skoob. He leaves here he will be a stud QB within 2 years somewhere else guaranteed.

ICE74129
08-12-2006, 06:47 AM
so a guy looked decent against total scrubs one time and that means he is awesome and the bills suck..

great observation.

Sorry T the man is right. Its not only that he did it but how he looked doing it.

justasportsfan
08-12-2006, 07:19 AM
We drafted right. We drafted D first and gave JP a chance instead of just giving upon him. Forgive Typo, he hasn't had much sleep since the baby. :D

How is the baby ?Pics?

Mitchy moo
08-12-2006, 07:37 AM
We drafted right. We drafted D first and gave JP a chance instead of just giving upon him. Forgive Typo, he hasn't had much sleep since the baby. :D

How is the baby ?Pics?

This explains a few things, up all night sleep all day.

ParanoidAndroid
08-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Yeah. And those great QB's (Hobert, Collins, Johnson) that the organization couldn't handle went on to have great careers somewhere else.
Two 3rd stringers (if they are lucky) and one chased right out of the league.

Kerr
08-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Impressive numbers yes, but would cutler look as good on another team? It could just be the right coaching. Shanahan is practically a qb coach who's good at his job being an ex qb coach himself. He's done pretty well with plummer and griese since he's been there. Nobody knows if cultler would have looked as good with our coaching.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 08:41 AM

great observation.

where did I say he was awesome? And don't throw a bunch of statistics down my throat...I was talking about how he was playing. He looked like a QB. He had control of the offense. He had poise and composure. He drove the team down for a FG on which there was a penalty. Broncos got a first down and he came in and threw a nice TD pass. I thought to myself that guy is going to be really good in the league.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 08:47 AM
'Our whole organization is a joke'. You just said WHY JP has struggled so much. Put him out there with shanahan since the day he was drafted and see how good he would look by now.

Everyone wants to label the kid a bust, but you have to look at who he played for and who was 'developing' him.

Our organization is a joke because since Fade was exposed as an idiot this team has been successful at nothing. As far as JP is concerned, I have seen plenty from his ingrown personality/mind that is dragging him down and I'm not going to pin that on the Bills staff. There has been times that JP has really impressed me but I also see him as a cocky kid who hasn't developed the work ethic and mentality necessary to help an NFL franchise. That's something ingrown.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 09:03 AM

How is the baby ?Pics?

The baby is wonderful ;)

Dozerdog
08-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Tom Brady sure looked good in those 3 Super Bowls. We shoulda drafted him #1. Bills Suck :rolleyes:

Drive 4 Five
08-12-2006, 09:35 AM
It was ONE game fellas. And a preseason one at that. I thought J.P. looked incredible against Houston, and when he came in against Kansas City, the first half of that Miami game that we gave away. He's shown flashes of what he is capable of. So Cutler had a nice preseason performance, against the Detroit Lion scrubs. Big deal.

Drive 4 Five
08-12-2006, 09:39 AM
where did I say he was awesome? And don't throw a bunch of statistics down my throat...I was talking about how he was playing. He looked like a QB. He had control of the offense. He had poise and composure. He drove the team down for a FG on which there was a penalty. Broncos got a first down and he came in and threw a nice TD pass. I thought to myself that guy is going to be really good in the league.

I remember thinking the same thing about Rob Johnson, along with the rest of the entire football league, with his performance that preseason with the Jags. He was the hottest FA QB project in the league at that point.

Dozerdog
08-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Drafted that high, Cutler SHOULD look like a good QB.

The Bills had a choice- Draft yet another QB (and another 2-3 year project) and completely throw away the 3 draft picks used on Losman, or address building a shattered defense.

Passing on both Leinart and Cutler, they chose defense. You have a lot better shot at success in the long run getting the defense rebuilt. You can win with a great defense and an average QB. It is very rare to win with a great QB and a lousy defense.

Ask Dan Marino

Iehoshua
08-12-2006, 10:31 AM
One preseason performance makes you proclaim the organization is a joke? You must've been a big Rob Johnson believer, too.

The only joke here is this post.

I still love ya, Typster.
;)

Typ0
08-12-2006, 10:37 AM
One preseason performance makes you proclaim the organization is a joke? You must've been a big Rob Johnson believer, too.

The only joke here is this post.

I still love ya, Typster.
;)

WRONG. The past 100 performances has made me proclaim the organization is a joke.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 10:38 AM

The Bills had a choice- Draft yet another QB (and another 2-3 year project) and completely throw away the 3 draft picks used on Losman, or address building a shattered defense.

Passing on both Leinart and Cutler, they chose defense. You have a lot better shot at success in the long run getting the defense rebuilt. You can win with a great defense and an average QB. It is very rare to win with a great QB and a lousy defense.

Ask Dan Marino

Somewhere in there was a huge opportunity lost. What fell to us at the time was that opportunity. I agree with what you are saying about Lossman. However, I can't ignore the value that was lost making the pick we made at that point in the draft either.

TacklingDummy
08-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Its not a positive statement, its fact. And let me add, Funny how bledsoe comes here and is still a good QB, sucks here, goes to dallas and starts being a decent to good QB again. Amazing huh?

Uh huh, Because Todd Collins and Rob Johnson were such great QBs. They made so many pro-bowls after leaving Buffalo.

Bledsoe's first year in Buffalo was better then his first year in Dallas.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 11:56 AM

I guess that makes sense...I never thought of it that way. JP was drafted at 22 and JC was drafted at 11--therefore JC should look twice as good as JP.

TacklingDummy
08-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I guess that makes sense...I never thought of it that way. JP was drafted at 22 and JC was drafted at 11--therefore JC should look twice as good as JP.

According to some, it doesn't matter where people are drafted. That is not a excuse then. And Losmn is going into his 3rd year in the NFL, Cutler is in his first.

JP not only should look better then a 10 year back up loser QB, he should look better then a rookie.

capitolneal
08-12-2006, 12:19 PM
What about the young qbs we did bring along right Kelly, Reich, Ferguson, College QBs are a crap shoot look at the 83 draft hind sight being would Eason or O'brein or blackledge been picked before Marino?

LtFinFan66
08-12-2006, 12:27 PM
He did look good:up:

DraftBoy
08-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Cutler looked great last night and I dont know how often you were around during draft time so the dismissal of this night is not a huge surprise, considering the criticism he received here. Had he been a Bills QB and done this he would be proclaimed the next savior of the team but you get that with any teams fans. Cutler looked like a starter last night, unlike Clemens or Gradkowski. Cutler not only had the stats but also checked down effieciently. Ran a good 2 minute drill, and made his own audibles at the line. He is way farther along than any other rookie QB this year. Credit to the Broncos.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Cutler looked great last night and I dont know how often you were around during draft time so the dismissal of this night is not a huge surprise, considering the criticism he received here. Had he been a Bills QB and done this he would be proclaimed the next savior of the team but you get that with any teams fans. Cutler looked like a starter last night, unlike Clemens or Gradkowski. Cutler not only had the stats but also checked down effieciently. Ran a good 2 minute drill, and made his own audibles at the line. He is way farther along than any other rookie QB this year. Credit to the Broncos.

that's kind of what I thought...how come no one is bashing you?

Dozerdog
08-12-2006, 02:47 PM
that's kind of what I thought...how come no one is bashing you?He didn't link Cutler's play with whining about the Bills sucking

He can seperate the two issues

raphael120
08-12-2006, 03:21 PM
i think the glaring issues in our organization stems from never having any competant, proven coaches since marv. the last good D-coord was lebeau, and look whats he's doing in pittsburgh. you can have the best QB in the world but if you dont have a coach to coach you up from the college to NFL level, you're stuck in mediocrity.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 04:10 PM
He didn't link Cutler's play with whining about the Bills sucking

He can seperate the two issues

Anyone who says different just has their homey defense mechanisms kicking in. Myself, I'd rather have actual value than perceived value...and I can see the difference.

Typ0
08-12-2006, 04:11 PM
i think the glaring issues in our organization stems from never having any competant, proven coaches since marv. the last good D-coord was lebeau, and look whats he's doing in pittsburgh. you can have the best QB in the world but if you dont have a coach to coach you up from the college to NFL level, you're stuck in mediocrity.

I couldn't agree more. We have had decent players. That first year of GW we were gutted and our defense really took a hit. But other players were brought in. We should be winning more with the talent we have. Cutting corners on coaching has killed us. Call it what you like...our front office and coaching staff has failed us.

Dozerdog
08-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Anyone who says different just has their homey defense mechanisms kicking in. Myself, I'd rather have actual value than perceived value...and I can see the difference.Dude- the Bills passed on over 200 players in this Draft. I'm going out on a limb and going to say a couple of them will be very good players.

If we picked another Mike Williams instead of a Leinart or Cutler, then you have a case. Even then- this argument is better served a few years from now, when everything plays out and you can have some actual data to pontificate about.

I think it's more of your defeatist mechanisms kicking in- some other team always has it better than my team....BOO freakin HOO!

Mitchy moo
08-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Dude- the Bills passed on over 200 players in this Draft. I'm going out on a limb and going to say a couple of them will be very good players.

If we picked another Mike Williams instead of a Leinart or Cutler, then you have a case. Even then- this argument is better served a few years from now, when everything plays out and you can have some actual data to pontificate about.

I think it's more of your defeatist mechanisms kicking in- some other team always has it better than my team....BOO freakin HOO!

It's called coveting and it's a sin, grow up and support your team.