PDA

View Full Version : I expect that...

Kerr
08-12-2006, 08:38 AM
if the bills lose this preseason game vs the panthers that there won't be a handfull of posters claiming the "sky is falling" after losing a preseason game?

Historian
08-12-2006, 08:53 AM
You expect too much.

BlackMetalNinja
08-12-2006, 09:10 AM
I could honestly care less about the result of tonight's game... I'm just looking for some progress from the QB and OL departments more then anything.

Michael82
08-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I think you are nuts if u truly believe that. :ill:

Dozerdog
08-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I think you are nuts if u truly believe that. :ill:

Ok Mikey- you and the rest of the buffons who spent all week praying Holcomb plays a disasterous game aren't going to ***** and whine we looked like dog****?

Have your cake and eat it too?

Like I said previously, all the clowns hoping for that deserve what they get out of this team.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I don't think anyone will whine about the fonal score just the QB play.

Michael82
08-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Ok Mikey- you and the rest of the buffons who spent all week praying Holcomb plays a disasterous game aren't going to ***** and whine we looked like dog****?

Have your cake and eat it too?

Like I said previously, all the clowns hoping for that deserve what they get out of this team.
if the team looks like ****, i'll be upset but then realize that it's the ****ing first preseason game of the year! There are 3 more. If any game is meaningless, it's this one or the last one! :ill:

I hope they don't look like ****, but if they do, i won't make a big deal about it.

I just hope that Losman has a much better game than Holcomb. That will be step one towards JP Losman being rightfully named the starting QB for the season! :up:

Michael82
08-12-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't think anyone will whine about the fonal score just the QB play.
exactly. unless it's Holcomb sucking. Then we'll expect it. :funny:

Tatonka
08-12-2006, 10:16 AM
i think if the bills win or lose.. there will be the same people crying about the sky is falling.

SABURZFAN
08-12-2006, 05:13 PM
buffalo and dallas used to go 0-4,1-3 during Preseason when they were at the top of the NFL.if anything,Preseason is used for getting their timing down and getting a long,hard look at players to fill the backup positions.

SquishDaFish
08-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Who cares about those posters? The gloomers can all go jump off a bridge for all I care LMAO

BillsFever21
08-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't care about the outcome of this game. I care about how the first team units compare against each other and how Losman and Holcomb perform.

The outcome means nothing in preseason unless you're Skooby. Then it's a compelling sign of things to come in the regular season.

DraftBoy
08-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I just hope that Losman has a much better game than Holcomb. That will be step one towards JP Losman being rightfully named the starting QB for the season! :up:

Piss poor attitude and can you tell what on gods green earth JP has done to be rightfully named the starter aside from being picked in round 1? Ill answer for you, NOT A DAMN THING. What the hell is wrong with you and every other fan who cheers for somebody on the BILLS to do badly? Its absolutely digsuting and disgraceful. Cheering for injuries to one of our own.

OpIv37
08-12-2006, 08:51 PM
if the bills lose this preseason game vs the panthers that there won't be a handfull of posters claiming the "sky is falling" after losing a preseason game?

I won't be able to see the game until NFLN re runs it tomorrow at 7.

Winning or losing a preseason game is irrelevant- it's how the team looked.

From what I've read so far, Holcomb looks like ****, Peters is proving to be human, the OL is struggling, the DL isn't getting pressure and Delhomme is passing all over the secondary. And these are our STARTERS.

If it is as bad as the game thread makes it sound, there is plenty of reason for the "sky is falling" threads. If it's just people whining about a preseason loss, who cares?

If the starters play like ass and the 3rd stringers come in and win it in a comeback, I'd hope we still get "sky is falling" threads.

Kerr
08-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I won't be able to see the game until NFLN re runs it tomorrow at 7.

Winning or losing a preseason game is irrelevant- it's how the team looked.

From what I've read so far, Holcomb looks like ****, Peters is proving to be human, the OL is struggling, the DL isn't getting pressure and Delhomme is passing all over the secondary. And these are our STARTERS.

If it is as bad as the game thread makes it sound, there is plenty of reason for the "sky is falling" threads. If it's just people whining about a preseason loss, who cares?

If the starters play like ass and the 3rd stringers come in and win it in a comeback, I'd hope we still get "sky is falling" threads.

I was hoping to see those threads after the preseason at least.

OpIv37
08-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I was hoping to see those threads after the preseason at least.

well if our starters play poorly against their starters, that doesn't exactly bode well for us. Yes, they can get better, but if we get better doesn't it stand to reason that everyone else is improving at a similar rate? It means at least one other team is already ahead of us and that's not a good sign of things to come (all of this, of course, still assuming that things were as bad as people make them sound in the game thread- I'll make my own judgement tomorrow).

Last year, the DL looked like **** in preseason and I was complaining about it- I got a lot of "STFU- it's just preseason- they'll get better". Well, they didn't.

Kerr
08-12-2006, 09:13 PM
well if our starters play poorly against their starters, that doesn't exactly bode well for us. Yes, they can get better, but if we get better doesn't it stand to reason that everyone else is improving at a similar rate? It means at least one other team is already ahead of us and that's not a good sign of things to come (all of this, of course, still assuming that things were as bad as people make them sound in the game thread- I'll make my own judgement tomorrow).

Last year, the DL looked like **** in preseason and I was complaining about it- I got a lot of "STFU- it's just preseason- they'll get better". Well, they didn't.

If it makes you feel any better, the dolphins D hasn't played any better than ours.

OpIv37
08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
If it makes you feel any better, the dolphins D hasn't played any better than ours.

we have to win our own games- we can't count on other teams to lose them. But that is an encouraging sign.

Kerr
08-12-2006, 09:17 PM
we have to win our own games- we can't count on other teams to lose them. But that is an encouraging sign.

:up:

You need to stop thinking about the bills and start thinking more of nd football. Anything short of a national title this season would be a travesty.

OpIv37
08-13-2006, 10:31 AM
:up:

You need to stop thinking about the bills and start thinking more of nd football. Anything short of a national title this season would be a travesty.

agreed. The only real hole I see in ND is the size of their LB's, but hopefully with the right defensive system it won't be too big a deal.

ddaryl
08-13-2006, 10:47 AM
the sky isn't falling, but any football fan with just a sprinkle of football intelligence should realize that the Bills are going to be drafting in the top half of the draft next year.

If you believe the Bills are a team worthy of playoff consideration... well then it's going to be a rough year for you. If you want to see a team building experience for a future run then you might get some enjoyment out of this season.