PDA

View Full Version : D.Talley on ESPN radio...

SABURZFAN
08-12-2006, 03:51 PM
yesterday when i was going to work.he said that he knew of players who juiced up when he was playing.he didn't mention any names though.he also said that players back in his day could compete with the players today and that players today are soft.he said that a lot of players today wouldn't have been able to make it through TC back in the day when he was playing.i think i agree with him.

YardRat
08-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Talley's one of my favorite players of all time, if not the favorite, but...let's face it - Levy's training camps didn't really have a rep for being strenuous.

Ebenezer
08-12-2006, 04:15 PM
I agree with Talley...players these days, while in better shape, are not as "hungry"...

BillsPride12
08-12-2006, 04:19 PM
I think Talley is one of those players who could go toe to toe with any player in todays NFL. He was an animal in his day, one of those high character players and In my opinion he played the biggest role in getting everyone to believe they could comeback against Houston. I would love to have a Darryl Talley on our current roster.

SABURZFAN
08-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Talley's one of my favorite players of all time, if not the favorite, but...let's face it - Levy's training camps didn't really have a rep for being strenuous.

talley touched on that too.he said that marv realized that he had the players who were committed enough during the offseason.he didn't want his players all banged up before the season started.therefore,he eased up on them during the preseason knowing that they would be ready for the games that really counted.

The_Philster
08-12-2006, 05:14 PM
I think Talley is one of those players who could go toe to toe with any player in todays NFL. He was an animal in his day, one of those high character players and In my opinion he played the biggest role in getting everyone to believe they could comeback against Houston. I would love to have a Darryl Talley on our current roster.
Honestly, in many ways, I think we have one..only he's wearing Jim Ritcher's old number ;)

RedEyE
08-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I agree with Talley...players these days, while in better shape, are not as "hungry"...

This is precisely why I want to see draftees under a performance based contract for the 1st 3 years of their career. Contracts can be renegotiatied if a breakout player reaches certain milestones.

G. Host
08-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Levy's proiblem was NOT during training camp but during playoffs where he get the players too long of a leash.

ParanoidAndroid
08-13-2006, 05:00 PM
NFL players are starting to get like NBA players. Most don't really care about winning or losing. All they want to do is play good enough to keep a job and make $$$$.

Mr. Cynical
08-13-2006, 05:08 PM

Agreed. $20M guaranteed signing bonuses will tend to do that to people. :(