• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

D.Talley on ESPN radio...

yesterday when i was going to work.he said that he knew of players who juiced up when he was playing.he didn't mention any names though.he also said that players back in his day could compete with the players today and that players today are soft.he said that a lot of players today wouldn't have been able to make it through TC back in the day when he was playing.i think i agree with him.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: D.Talley on ESPN radio...

Talley's one of my favorite players of all time, if not the favorite, but...let's face it - Levy's training camps didn't really have a rep for being strenuous.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I agree with Talley...players these days, while in better shape, are not as "hungry"...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsPride12
        • Dec 2004

I think Talley is one of those players who could go toe to toe with any player in todays NFL. He was an animal in his day, one of those high character players and In my opinion he played the biggest role in getting everyone to believe they could comeback against Houston. I would love to have a Darryl Talley on our current roster.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
          Talley's one of my favorite players of all time, if not the favorite, but...let's face it - Levy's training camps didn't really have a rep for being strenuous.

talley touched on that too.he said that marv realized that he had the players who were committed enough during the offseason.he didn't want his players all banged up before the season started.therefore,he eased up on them during the preseason knowing that they would be ready for the games that really counted.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsPride12
            I think Talley is one of those players who could go toe to toe with any player in todays NFL. He was an animal in his day, one of those high character players and In my opinion he played the biggest role in getting everyone to believe they could comeback against Houston. I would love to have a Darryl Talley on our current roster.
            Honestly, in many ways, I think we have one..only he's wearing Jim Ritcher's old number
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              I agree with Talley...players these days, while in better shape, are not as "hungry"...
              This is precisely why I want to see draftees under a performance based contract for the 1st 3 years of their career. Contracts can be renegotiatied if a breakout player reaches certain milestones.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Levy's proiblem was NOT during training camp but during playoffs where he get the players too long of a leash.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

NFL players are starting to get like NBA players. Most don't really care about winning or losing. All they want to do is play good enough to keep a job and make $$$$.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    Agreed. $20M guaranteed signing bonuses will tend to do that to people.

Comment

Working...
                    X