PDA

View Full Version : So far, advantage- Losman!

X-Era
08-12-2006, 08:05 PM
He missed throws, but shook a sure fire sack for a long shot at Peerless, then had a very good 2 minute series.

Holcomb did absolutely nothing but took a sack, and the int for a TD.

So far its Losmans team

JD
08-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Either way were screwed.

djjimkelly
08-12-2006, 08:09 PM
He missed throws, but shook a sure fire sack for a long shot at Peerless, then had a very good 2 minute series.

Holcomb did absolutely nothing but took a sack, and the int for a TD.

So far its Losmans team

dont forget reed dropped his firat pass and IMO aiken could have cuaght that 3rd down throw

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I think Aiken could have caught it

But i dont think it was a good throw--way behind him

JD
08-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Aww Darth Takeo can't face the truth, poor guy.

YardRat
08-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Different year, same QB's. Same results.

JD
08-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Amen brother :up:

Iehoshua
08-12-2006, 08:22 PM
...because half of a preseason game tells the story of the entire season.

Might as well pack it in now!

:dizzy:

YardRat
08-12-2006, 08:30 PM
...because half of a preseason game tells the story of the entire season.

Might as well pack it in now!

:dizzy:

It was an observation of the first half, not to be confused with a prediction for the entire season.

Don't jump to conclusions.

"Sometimes it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt."

Kerr
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
So far until he screws up.

RockStar36
08-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Holcomb was Holcomb. I think most intelligent Bills fans were not suprised. Holcomb isn't that great. He did what he does best this game.

Iehoshua
08-12-2006, 08:34 PM
"Sometimes it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt."
Looks like you need to take your own advice!

YardRat
08-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Looks like you need to take your own advice!

I try not to practice what I preach...My standards are too high to live up to :D

ILOVEMIBILLS
08-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, don't forget that Holcomb also was going against the first team defense of Carolina.

Losman has certainly looked better, and I expect that he'll start the next game, and unless Holcomb can recover, I think Losman has moved ahead of Holcomb tonight.

TigerJ
08-12-2006, 10:04 PM
As Dick Jauron just said, Losman did some good things and he did some bad things. My observation is that Holcomb did only bad thngs.

The_Philster
08-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Jauron said he was basing his decision on the QBs primarily on decision-making considering the different levels of competition they faced. That bodes well for JP

Billsman12
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah...JP is scheduled to start next week against Cincy but another variable is gonna be thrown in...Craig Nall... hes probably going to play, so basically this means JP will get less reps and we will finally get a look at Nall...I wonder if Nall plays, if he will play ahead of Holcomb...hmmmm

The_Philster
08-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah...JP is scheduled to start next week against Cincy but another variable is gonna be thrown in...Craig Nall... hes probably going to play, so basically this means JP will get less reps and we will finally get a look at Nall...I wonder if Nall plays, if he will play ahead of Holcomb...hmmmm
I honestly doubt it..unless he really impresses during practice this week. He has a lot of catching up to do

YardRat
08-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, don't forget that Holcomb also was going against the first team defense of Carolina.

I haven't decided, for myself anyway, how much weight that argument should carry. Whoever wins the starting job will have to face first team defenses all year.

Nighthawk
08-12-2006, 10:43 PM

Losman has certainly looked better, and I expect that he'll start the next game, and unless Holcomb can recover, I think Losman has moved ahead of Holcomb tonight.

Forget that...I think Nall moved ahead of Holcomb!:chuckle:

Philagape
08-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I think I moved ahead of Holcomb.

Billsman12
08-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Forget that...I think Nall moved ahead of Holcomb!:chuckle:

Lol...yeah just kinda by Default...Hell I think Kliff Kingsbury might of moved ahead of KH

bills_7
08-13-2006, 01:22 AM
LOSMAN LOOKED GOOD!!! on TSN here in canada they said he looked like doug flutie out there lol

DraftBoy
08-13-2006, 02:41 AM
LOSMAN LOOKED GOOD!!! on TSN here in canada they said he looked like doug flutie out there lol

Thats a bit of a stretch, he alluded pressure on one amazing occasion but he did take 5 sacks (blame them on who you will) he looked good. No denying that, Im very pleased with tonight game.

Michael82
08-13-2006, 08:56 AM
JP Losman:lolpoint::(Kelly Holcomb

:snicker:

shelby
08-13-2006, 09:06 AM
i didn't get to see the first quarter, so i can't comment on Holcomb.
i was happy with what i saw, especially in the second half of the game.

Drive 4 Five
08-13-2006, 09:37 AM

I don't want to offend any Holcombites out there, but in all honesty, I think Kingsbury should be playing ahead of Holcomb.

Drive 4 Five
08-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Lol...yeah just kinda by Default...Hell I think Kliff Kingsbury might of moved ahead of KH

Ahh and now I see others share that same sentiment. Face it fellas, Holcomb is terrible, and he isn't going to get any better. Ol' Dick better begin increasing Losman's reps now.

bills_7
08-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Since Losman is starting this wk, i wonder if he will get the majority of the 1st team reps?

this is Losman's big chance to run away with it this wk

RedEyE
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Precisely. If Losman dogs it against Cincy, and Holcomb picks up the slack, then it seems to me that the shoe is on the other foot. This competition isn't over by a long shot.

Now if JP can come in and own Cincy's defense, then Holcomb might need some help regaining the lead (if he ever had it).

Nall isn't out of this yet either. While JP may have handled hismelf well last night, he most certainly didn't own the Panthers 2nd and 3rd defenders. Way too many missed opportunities.

JD
08-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Aww Darth Takeo can't face the truth, poor guy.
I guess I'm just a realist.

Come on ladies, more groans please.

But you can thank me when the Bills go 4 and 12.
:rrich:

J TES
08-14-2006, 09:15 PM
It's more like disadvantage Holcomb. Losman did not look good. He was skipping throws, taking sacks. He had a few brain farts letting the play clock run out twice, and sending recievers in motion with 4 seconds on the play clock. Those are rookie mistakes not first preseason mistakes. Losman showed me nothing that this season will be any better than last. His accuracy just plain sucks. Should he atart ahead of Holcomb? Sure. Holcomb showed the world why he's a 33 year old never was. He's absolutley friggin terrible