X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

JP's 5 sacks........

I didn't see the game yet so I was wondering if it was more him or the OL that was responsible for all those sacks?
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: JP's 5 sacks........

i would say that 2 of the sacks were due to him holding the ball.. the other 3 were all out blitzes that the back up oline just could not hold off at all.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

1 of those sacks was a coverage sack..no one got open and rather than throw it up for grabs as he might've done last season, JP ate the ball and took the sack
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Too many backup linemen to take a guess at that. He will get his share of sacks this year, but he looked fairly elusive and made some smart decisions with the ball IMO one time dumping off the ball before he would have passed the line.

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

That's usually a good sign when a somewhat mobile QB takes sacks. That just means he was calm and didn't throw risky passes

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
            That's usually a good sign when a somewhat mobile QB takes sacks. That just means he was calm and didn't throw risky passes
            sign of maturity

It's only one preseason game, but I'd say JP's got a solid lead over Holcomb on the job
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
              sign of maturity

It's only one preseason game, but I'd say JP's got a solid lead over Holcomb on the job

honestly i think jauron wanted to play holcomb longer but couldnt take anymore. too bad he doesnt do right thing and cut holcomb on monday. im still calling it kelly holcomb is not on bills roster week 1

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

and id say 1 sack was actually losmans fault 3 was line 1 was supposedly coverage and id say there was 2 plays no qb except losman on bills roster could have gotten away from a sack.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  1 of those sacks was a coverage sack..no one got open and rather than throw it up for grabs as he might've done last season, JP ate the ball and took the sack
                  Yeah, eating the ball is alot better then throwing it away. JP doesn't need anymore incompletions. His comp. % is already terrible enough without them. And 3rd and 16 looks better then 3rd and 8.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

It's a bad sign when a somewhat moblie QB has plenty of time to throw the ball away but takes a sack instead.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Not only that, you could see him go through his progressions.

He's taken big strides over the off season.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I have not watched the game on TV yet for a more thorough analysis so I am going from being at the game. JP has to learn to throw the ball away. Some of the problem was the OL but lets face it the Bills OL is not the best so he will need to learn to throw it away. He seems to try and sramble even when all sides are crashing in around him and he has no where to go. If he could learn when is it good to scramble and when is it good to throw away or hit is outlet receiver he will take great strides.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

1 was on JP. Who cares, Manning, Brady etal take bad sacks. Thats just how it goes.

Phil was right, one was a flat blown breakdown in blocking which kept us (along with stupid penalties by the OL) from getting 7 instead of 3 on the last FG we got. Steve tasker eluded to the fact it was the RIGHT Decision for JP to eat it on that play.

The other 3 were crap OL.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Good post! That's exactly the opposite of what happened last year. Last season, he would get away from the sack or whatever and still throw the ball in the air for his receivers to get. and it was either picked off or a really ****ty pass. This year, he shows much more poise in the pocket and he took the coverage sacks when he had no room to run and no one open. It's nice to see.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                              honestly i think jauron wanted to play holcomb longer but couldnt take anymore. too bad he doesnt do right thing and cut holcomb on monday. im still calling it kelly holcomb is not on bills roster week 1
                              I totally agree with you. I think Holcomb will play his way off the roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X