PDA

View Full Version : kyle williams

Billsouth
08-13-2006, 07:24 AM
was a beast!!!

he beat double teams (panthers starting o-line)

we should never have traded for mcCargo. we could have used the pick for an o-lineman or... donte

The_Philster
08-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Well, Donte would've been long gone...rumors are that Detroit would've snatched him up at 9 if we hadn't take him...but yeah, Williams was impressive...he's making big strides so far this preseason

Don't Panic
08-13-2006, 08:31 AM
There was no lineman available at 8, but if we had sat on our 2nd we could have got one. McCargo better prove his worth... didn't see enough of him last night to get a good read.

Turf
08-13-2006, 09:33 AM
I noticed Williams was in on a quite a few plays. He stood out, he was looking good.

shelby
08-13-2006, 09:34 AM
:up: He definitely made an impression!

BillsFever21
08-13-2006, 09:38 AM
McCargo was a non-factor. Williams looked great though.

We could've drafted Mangold. But we have Melvin Fowler. :rolleyes:

BillsFever21
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Well, Donte would've been long gone...rumors are that Detroit would've snatched him up at 9 if we hadn't take him...but yeah, Williams was impressive...he's making big strides so far this preseason

Do you know Matt Millen?

He wasn't going in the top 12. Not a chance in hell.

chubluv
08-13-2006, 09:41 AM
I liked what I saw of Williams. I hope he gets a lot of playing time the rest of the way. I liked our defence overall. the first drive was shaky, but all in all I think they showed they have quality depth. Thats important because with our inconsistence offense we are going to need all the depth we have.

Michael82
08-13-2006, 09:43 AM
I love what I have seen from Kyle Williams at camp. He started out slow, but has been really kicking ass over the last week or so. In the game last night, he was all over the field making plays and had a bunch of nice tackles! :up:

HHURRICANE
08-13-2006, 10:00 AM
was a beast!!!

we should never have traded for mcCargo. we could have used the pick for an o-lineman or... donte

Calm down. McCargo and Williams on the same team doesn't hurt us. Trade Clements for a LT!!!!!

DraftBoy
08-13-2006, 10:22 AM

I think you may have maybe confused Detroit with Baltimore. Detroit was Michael Huff or Ernie Simms regardless. No way Whitner goes 9, he still would of been long gone though.

DraftBoy
08-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Do you know Matt Millen?

He wasn't going in the top 12. Not a chance in hell.

He was going 12 to Baltimore, Ozzie Newsome came out and said they had him at the top of their board and was surprised the Bills picked him but not surprised bc they knew his value.

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2006, 10:29 AM
was a beast!!!

Was does Williams have to do with McCargo? They play different positions in a Cover 2 scheme. There is also no way they could have known Kyle Williams woudl have been available in the 5th round.

And Whitner would have been long gone. Also which O-lineman would have you drafted?

BillsFever21
08-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Was does Williams have to do with McCargo? They play different positions in a Cover 2 scheme. There is also no way they could have known Kyle Williams woudl have been available in the 5th round.

And Whitner would have been long gone. Also which O-lineman would have you drafted?

I would've drafted Nick Mangold instead of somebody to play backup to Larry Triplet and still have Tim Anderson as our penciled in starter next to him.

YardRat
08-13-2006, 10:39 AM
It's all water under the bridge you know...the draft ended 3-1/2 months ago...get over it. It's great to see the steal we may have gotten with Williams, but give McCargo a chance to prove he was worth trading up for.

ddaryl
08-13-2006, 10:40 AM
finicky Bills fans always the experts in Hind-sight.

For all we now McCargo will develope into a long term asset, and we needed DT's

KW Fan
08-13-2006, 10:53 AM
The Big thing here is Kyle Williams is glad to be a Buffalo Bill....would rather be there than anywhere. Him liking the fans, his coaches, and his teammates is contributing to his strong play. Kyle thinks McCargo is a great talent.....and he will be the 1st to say we need 5 good DT's in this package. He wants to win.....win Championships. Kyle feels very comfortable and you can expect him to push Anderson hard for the opening day start.

He would take a lot of pride in starting his 1st game....if not he will take pride in playing his 1st game as a Bill.

KW F

Tatonka
08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
mccargo was in on a couple tackles last night.. he was not dominant like kyle williams was, but come on.. a rookie in his very first preseason game is normally not dominant.. williams performance last night was clearly an exception, not the rule.. kyle williams was much better than larry tripplett too, so i guess he wasnt worth signing either.

Tatonka
08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
The Big thing here is Kyle Williams is glad to be a Buffalo Bill....would rather be there than anywhere. Him liking the fans, his coaches, and his teammates is contributing to his strong play. Kyle thinks McCargo is a great talent.....and he will be the 1st to say we need 5 good DT's in this package. He wants to win.....win Championships. Kyle feels very comfortable and you can expect him to push Anderson hard for the opening day start.

He would take a lot of pride in starting his 1st game....if not he will take pride in playing his 1st game as a Bill.

KW F

i think you are kyle williams.

The_Philster
08-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Do you know Matt Millen?.
read what I said :shakeno:

rumors are that Detroit would've snatched him up at 9 if we hadn't take him.

shelby
08-13-2006, 12:21 PM
That would actually be very cool.

John Doe
08-13-2006, 12:31 PM

LOL

I hope Williams is not one of those guys that likes to talk about himself in the contex of the third person.

Tatonka
08-13-2006, 01:21 PM
well think about it.. if you were kyle williams, would you want to just post on a message board as yourself? i wouldnt.. i would pose as a friend of mine, which still allows you to get your message across to the fans.

KW Fan does a great job of keeping us informed on KW and what is going on w/ him.. he also does a great job of showing his appreciation to the fans and the team. i think it is cool.. but i do really think that is KW. i could be wrong.. but that would be the first time ever in my life.

The_Philster
08-13-2006, 01:23 PM
i could be wrong.. but that would be the first time ever in my life.:roflmao:

shelby
08-13-2006, 01:44 PM
When KWfan joined, he sent me a PM detailing how he knows Kyle Williams....so as cool as that would be, i don't think he is Kyle Williams.

KW Fan
08-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Folks this is not Kyle Williams....the guy does not get on the computer he works for the Bills......I am a friend of the family and a fan of Kyle.....Just wanted to relkay his feelings....He is happy to be a Bill and will work his ass off for you organization.

You will not see him here.....

We have been through this before look up my posting history.
\
dh

shelby
08-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Tell Kyle we're loving him!

bflojohn
08-13-2006, 01:59 PM
I don't know what you watched, but I thought that John McCargo flashed "big time" ability last night. He looked quick off the ball, quicker than Kyle Williams, for that matter! He was in the backfield shooting gaps on a number of plays. He was fairly disruptive and the Panthers eventually doubled him too! I, too, loved the play of Kyle Williams! Tim Anderson got nicked in this game and that might just be the open door Williams needs to start. So far gentlemen, I'd say that the future at this position looks stellar and incidently, Williams is the pick obtained in the Moulds trade! THAT alone is a beautiful thing!!!

KW Fan
08-13-2006, 02:03 PM
KW really thinks McCargo is gonna be a great one.....he is proud to be part of his incoming group and thinks that they can be part of a great Bills D for the future.

dh

YardRat
08-13-2006, 02:36 PM
YardRat really liked what he saw from Kyle Williams last night. YardRat thinks Anderson getting dinged has nothing to do with the fact that Kyle Williams will probably start opposite Triplett on opening day. YardRat thinks Williams will earn the spot outright.

YardRat appreciates KW's enthusiasm for the organization, the area, and the fans, and YardRat expects KW to evolve into a player than the fans really relate to. YardRat also hopes that when KW's contract is up and he's been to a few Pro Bowls, KW is willing to forego a few bucks to stay with the Bills.

:D

shelby
08-13-2006, 02:39 PM
:snicker:

GarnOFreak
08-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Both of the two 1st round picks were being keyed on by other teams right after we took them. Detroit WAS looking to take Whitner, they said so after the draft(so don't give Phil a hard time, okay? :) ). Also the Giants were looking to snag McCargo, which is why we made the move back into the 1st instead of waiting for him in the second. Stop and think about it and the Travis Henry trade gave us an extra third that we threw into the McCargo pick and (as was said above) the Moulds trade became the Kyle Williams pick. Kinda weird, hunh?

BillsFever21
08-14-2006, 03:44 AM
Both of the two 1st round picks were being keyed on by other teams right after we took them. Detroit WAS looking to take Whitner, they said so after the draft(so don't give Phil a hard time, okay? :) ). Also the Giants were looking to snag McCargo, which is why we made the move back into the 1st instead of waiting for him in the second. Stop and think about it and the Travis Henry trade gave us an extra third that we threw into the McCargo pick and (as was said above) the Moulds trade became the Kyle Williams pick. Kinda weird, hunh?

Yay. Even if this is true Marv Levy values a player the same as Matt Millen. Yes, Matt Millen who's only great draft pick thus far has been Roy Williams. The same Matt Millen who drafted WR in the upper first round 3 years in a row.

I'm so happy to know that Matt Millen valued Whitner just as high on the chart as Marv Levy but not as high as most other teams. That will help me sleep better tonight.

Night Train
08-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Kyle Williams had a great game and could soon be playing far more than Anderson.

McCargo split the double team a couple of times and did show me something. We needed both these guys on Draft day.

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 08:51 AM
incidently, Williams is the pick obtained in the Moulds trade!

Good point. That hadn't occurred to me. If Williams pans out, I'll feel real good about that. I liked Moulds. It was time for him to go, but it'd be nice to see the trade produce somebody that will have an impact here.

NorthCarBills
08-14-2006, 09:00 AM

KW F

Nice post...I always look for your updates as you seem to really know Kyle well. I was at the game and it seemed like his his name was heard more over the loud speaker than probably anyone else's on Bills defense. He always seemed to be around the ball, making plays. I would not be surprised if he and Tripps are the two starters on opening day.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-14-2006, 09:19 AM
It would not surprise me to see Kyle Williams start for the Bills. He has a great attitude and, despite being somewhat undersized, there is something about him that reminds me a lot of Jim Burt, who was the anchor for those tough NY Giants defenses. His play could make him a real star and his attitude and approach will almost certainly make him a fan favorite in Buffalo.

As far as McCargo is concerned: what everyone who keeps calling him "Larry Tripplett's backup" seems to forget is that you must have four solid defensive linemen to make this new defensive system work and the hardest ones to find are the ones who can be good at playing the "3 technique". Yes, the Bills have Tripplett, but they need McCargo just as much to make this defense work. And, McCargo can play both the "3 technique" and the "1 gap"--although he is presently considered to be better at the former than the latter. While Williams may be good enough to reduce the amount of time that McCargo gets at the "1 gap" spot, just because McCargo may not be in the starting lineup, that does not mean that he will not see a lot of playing time and be just as valuable in this defense as Tripplett.

Also, while Williams made some big stops on key plays during the game that got a lot of attention, McCargo also played well. As has been pointed out, he forced the Panthers to double him during the course of the game and, being doubled, of course he was not going to make as many plays. By forcing Carolina to double him, though, McCargo opened things up for his teammates to make plays. And, overall, the Bills did a good job in holding Carolina, which is a very good running team, to only 79 yards in the game.

Finally, as far as the draft goes, all you have to do is read the articles in the NYC area papers talking about the NY Giants' DTs this week to know where McCargo would have ended up if the Bills had not moved up to draft him. I posted some links in a previous thread. Coughlin called his DTs soft after they got run all over this past weekend. The Giants had to move Fred Robbins over to fill the spot vacated by K.Clancy going to Arizona because they didn't get McCargo and had to settle for T.Cofield. If the Bills had not gotten McCargo, they would have had to take Kyle Williams earlier to insure that they got him, which would have meant either no Youboty or no Simpson, and probably would have gone with Cofield later on. So, the next time you are thinking about "what ifs" concerning the Bills' draft, just remember that, for the Bills gotten an offensive lineman like Mangold, they would have had to give up a lot more than just McCargo on the defensive side--because they would not have gotten McCargo and would have had to adjust their draft to make up for that.

Ickybaluky
08-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Williams did play well. Strong kid, good motor. Looks like a good fit for what the Bills are doing.

Kerr
08-14-2006, 10:07 AM
It would not surprise me to see Kyle Williams start for the Bills. He has a great attitude and, despite being somewhat undersized, there is something about him that reminds me a lot of Jim Burt, who was the anchor for those tough NY Giants defenses. His play could make him a real star and his attitude and approach will almost certainly make him a fan favorite in Buffalo.

As far as McCargo is concerned: what everyone who keeps calling him "Larry Tripplett's backup" seems to forget is that you must have four solid defensive linemen to make this new defensive system work and the hardest ones to find are the ones who can be good at playing the "3 technique". Yes, the Bills have Tripplett, but they need McCargo just as much to make this defense work. And, McCargo can play both the "3 technique" and the "1 gap"--although he is presently considered to be better at the former than the latter. While Williams may be good enough to reduce the amount of time that McCargo gets at the "1 gap" spot, just because McCargo may not be in the starting lineup, that does not mean that he will not see a lot of playing time and be just as valuable in this defense as Tripplett.

Also, while Williams made some big stops on key plays during the game that got a lot of attention, McCargo also played well. As has been pointed out, he forced the Panthers to double him during the course of the game and, being doubled, of course he was not going to make as many plays. By forcing Carolina to double him, though, McCargo opened things up for his teammates to make plays. And, overall, the Bills did a good job in holding Carolina, which is a very good running team, to only 79 yards in the game.

Finally, as far as the draft goes, all you have to do is read the articles in the NYC area papers talking about the NY Giants' DTs this week to know where McCargo would have ended up if the Bills had not moved up to draft him. I posted some links in a previous thread. Coughlin called his DTs soft after they got run all over this past weekend. The Giants had to move Fred Robbins over to fill the spot vacated by K.Clancy going to Arizona because they didn't get McCargo and had to settle for T.Cofield. If the Bills had not gotten McCargo, they would have had to take Kyle Williams earlier to insure that they got him, which would have meant either no Youboty or no Simpson, and probably would have gone with Cofield later on. So, the next time you are thinking about "what ifs" concerning the Bills' draft, just remember that, for the Bills gotten an offensive lineman like Mangold, they would have had to give up a lot more than just McCargo on the defensive side--because they would not have gotten McCargo and would have had to adjust their draft to make up for that.

Good stuff, as always. The people whining about our draft will end up eating their own words.

The last buffalo fan
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
LOL

I hope Williams is not one of those guys that likes to talk about himself in the contex of the third person.

The last buffalo fan says, no.

ublinkwescore
08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Maybe I'll get me a Kyle Williams Jersey!!

Since that bastard that wore #80 is gone, and his was the only jersey I had besides someone else's who wore #11 - I won't get into any names here though.

Ickybaluky
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Since that bastard that wore #80 is gone

Speaking of which, he looked pretty good the other day. 3 catches on Houston's first 2 offensive possessions before taking the rest of the night off.

Goobylal
08-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Speaking of which, he looked pretty good the other day. 3 catches on Houston's first 2 offensive possessions before taking the rest of the night off.
Were the Texans playing Miami?:fury: Sorry, still pissed about THAT game.

As for Kyle Williams, I was truly impressed. Williams was double-teamed by the Panthers' 1st string O-line, and STILL made plays! McCargo was doubled by their 2nd string. But both look good and should only get better.

As for where Whitner would have been taken, he could have very well gone at #9 to the Lions, but wouldn't have made it past the Rams at #11. The Rams were lusting after him, having lost SS Adam Archuleta in the off-season, and when Whitner was gone, they decided to trade-down with the Broncos (who took Cutler, who looks like he MIGHT be a great QB soon).

McCargo as has been said, was a target of the Giants. Ernie Accorsi said after the draft that the Bills had a great draft.

!Papacrunk!
08-15-2006, 07:36 AM
So I guess Nick Saban did a good job of developing him at LSU? Sorry, had to get that one in there, lol.

Mitchy moo
08-15-2006, 07:38 AM
So I guess Nick Saban did a good job of developing him at LSU? Sorry, had to get that one in there, lol.

free shot, no prob.