PDA

View Full Version : A few observations from the game

don137
08-13-2006, 08:48 AM
I went to last nights game and here are my thoughts by a person that had a few beers in the system.
- The Bills starting OL did not do well run blocking against the Panthers starters. Other than one play in which Peters I believed was schooled the starting OL held there own pass protecting.
- Holcomb is as bad as advertised. If Nall is any good then Holcomb should be cut. He looked like he was going in slow motion and very conservative in his pass attempts and had no zip on the ball.
- JP was streaky. He missed some open receivers on multiple occasions but he had some real nice plays as well. He needs to learn to throw the ball away when he sees the total pocket has collapsed instead of trying to run away every time. 2 and 10 is better than 2 and 18. He looked a lot more poised than last year.
-Lionel Gates looked much better than Shaud Williams and Joe Burns.
-Sam Aiken looked real good and seem to have good chemistry with Losman.
- I was very disappointed with McGee. He was picked on a lot last night.
-Youboty also ssemed to have been picked on as well. A few times he answered the bell but he was also burned on a few times.
- Ko Simpson and Kyle Williams looked awesome. I sat next to a couple guys that go to the University of South Carolina and they loved Simpson. I think he is the real deal. Whitner and Simpson will be the starters for sure next year.
- Whitner was another one that was picked on and had a rude awakening to the NFL. Had a stupid person foul penalty for a late hit.
- Moorman did not have great punts but Lindell looked real good but then again the conditions were perfect last night with no wind and temperatures in the mid to upper 70s.
- The starting defense was brutal against the Panthers starters. Not one good thing could be said about them against the 1st string. They settled down later but the Panthers starters were out of the game. They did very well containing Deangelo Williams who is getting a lot of positive press down here in Charlotte. They really clogged the middle. I thought Kyle Williams was a big part of that. Very impressed with him.

shelby
08-13-2006, 09:21 AM
:up: Overall, i was pleased with what i saw.
Nice to see Losman more poised this year.
Simpson and Aiken definitely stood out to me.