PDA

View Full Version : Based on DJ's postgame comments....

Kerr
08-13-2006, 08:53 AM
JP-1
KH-0

He's big on turning the ball over and said that he didn't look at who the qb's played against(2nd stringers, 3 stringers)but how well they took care of the ball. JP by no means was consistent, but he didn't turn the ball over, which is big in DJ's eyes. JP has a chance to distance himself from the rest of the pack by having a better performance, a consistent peformance, at home vs the bengals. He has the opportunity and needs to make the best out of it.

shelby
08-13-2006, 09:27 AM
:up:

Billsman12
08-13-2006, 09:34 AM
JP-1
KH-0

JP was decent but not great by any means

its probably more like

JP 0
KH -10

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Everyone going to the game needs to put all their support behind JP so he knows we are all pulling for him and we all believe in him.

Michael82
08-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Everyone going to the game needs to put all their support behind JP so he knows we are all pulling for him and we all believe in him.
I'll have my JP Losman jersey on and will be cheering for him loudly! :up:

Billsman12
08-13-2006, 09:57 AM

I really want to see JP do so well in Buffalo, Sometimes ppl say I'm to critical of him but its just because I want to see him succeed

Anyway I will be in full support of JP fri. night :up:

don137
08-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Its only one game but if you factor in the way camp has gone and the one game then Losman definitely has the advantage.

DMBcrew36
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
JP was decent but not great by any means

its probably more like

JP 0
KH -10

amen

TigerJ
08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I thought overall Losman was much better than Holcomb, and I do want him to win the starter's job, but he wasn't perfect last night. He threw at least on ball that could have been intercepted. Just be cause the opposing player drop the ball you threw to him doesn't mean you're better than the guy who had it intercepted.I think Where Losman wins points is that he wasn't worse than Holcomb at taking carie of the ball, and his athleticism and mobility opens up a lot more possibilities for the offence. Dare I say it? He was almost Flutie-like in his ability to get away from pressure where the defensive players already had a hand on him.

ICE74129
08-13-2006, 03:24 PM
JP-1
KH-0

He's big on turning the ball over and said that he didn't look at who the qb's played against(2nd stringers, 3 stringers)but how well they took care of the ball. JP by no means was consistent, but he didn't turn the ball over, which is big in DJ's eyes. JP has a chance to distance himself from the rest of the pack by having a better performance, a consistent peformance, at home vs the bengals. He has the opportunity and needs to make the best out of it.

Really? So now an outstanding 62% completion % isn't consistant? NO QB is as 'consistant' as you guys want JP to be.

ParanoidAndroid
08-13-2006, 05:18 PM
One thing I'd like to see from JP that I noticed...

When he avoids the pressure, which he does well, he needs to get rid of it or tuck and run. Maybe he was pressing himself to not run, but he needs to remember that stepping up in the pocket means he has about 2 seconds until the pressure from behind closes in. He took a couple of unnecessary sacks that way while holding onto the ball.
I think maybe I'm just frustrated because RJ and Bledsoe did the same thing...took unnecessary sacks.

Jan Reimers
08-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I'll have my JP Losman jersey on and will be cheering for him loudly! :up:
Me too, Mikey.

Kerr
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Really? So now an outstanding 62% completion % isn't consistant? NO QB is as 'consistant' as you guys want JP to be.

62% didn't exactly get the job done did it? Even DJ said jp was 50/50. He made his share of good plays and his share of bad plays. It's obvious that if jp wants to run away with the race, he needs to show more consistency, which means more good plays than bad plays. Since when did you develop this jp against the world attitude? It wasn't long ago you were sponsoring craig "suck ass" nall as the best thing since sliced bread.

ICE74129
08-13-2006, 07:08 PM
62% didn't exactly get the job done did it? Even DJ said jp was 50/50. He made his share of good plays and his share of bad plays. It's obvious that if jp wants to run away with the race, he needs to show more consistency, which means more good plays than bad plays. Since when did you develop this jp against the world attitude? It wasn't long ago you were sponsoring craig "suck ass" nall as the best thing since sliced bread.

If DJ wants him more consistant quit playing his stupid assed game. Grow a pair, name the kid the starter and let him get the reps with the first string. All DJ is doing right now is hurting BOTH QB's trying to get ready for New England in the opener.

We all know who the guy should be, so does DJ. He just doesn't like it. He had is joke of a QB competition for months now. Cut the crap and lets get JP ready to take on New England.

Kerr
08-13-2006, 07:20 PM
If DJ wants him more consistant quit playing his stupid assed game. Grow a pair, name the kid the starter and let him get the reps with the first string. All DJ is doing right now is hurting BOTH QB's trying to get ready for New England in the opener.

We all know who the guy should be, so does DJ. He just doesn't like it. He had is joke of a QB competition for months now. Cut the crap and lets get JP ready to take on New England.

ICE,

if jp had been more consistent he should have done better against the panthers 2nd and 3rd units. The fact is, he wasn't as consistent and he could be. And that's saying he has the potential to play better. Next week he gets the start against the bengals. I hope he plays better and scores at least 2 tds. It will help his confidence heading into the season. Don't you understand that if dj just comes out and names jp the starter it's the same mess as last year? DJ has to play his hand the right way publicaly or he'll lose the vets like mularkey did. The vets will get on jp's case again if he just got the job handed to him and didn't play well. Jp has the chance to show the vets early on that he's the right man for the job and that's he improved. I watched the game on the nfl network today and saw the parts where jp improved his game. Talent wise jp is the best qb on the roster, but he has to be able to play better against backups if he truly is a starting qb in this league.

ICE74129
08-13-2006, 07:55 PM
ICE,

if jp had been more consistent he should have done better against the panthers 2nd and 3rd units. The fact is, he wasn't as consistent and he could be. And that's saying he has the potential to play better. Next week he gets the start against the bengals. I hope he plays better and scores at least 2 tds. It will help his confidence heading into the season. Don't you understand that if dj just comes out and names jp the starter it's the same mess as last year? DJ has to play his hand the right way publicaly or he'll lose the vets like mularkey did. The vets will get on jp's case again if he just got the job handed to him and didn't play well. Jp has the chance to show the vets early on that he's the right man for the job and that's he improved. I watched the game on the nfl network today and saw the parts where jp improved his game. Talent wise jp is the best qb on the roster, but he has to be able to play better against backups if he truly is a starting qb in this league.

He already is the best man for the job. Should have done better against the 2nd and 3rd stringers? You can't get much better when your OL allows guys to come free and untouched every play and you are throwing to guys about to be cut.

JP did great with what he had to work with. What is holcombs excuse?

Its JP's job, name him the starter and lets move on.

Kerr
08-13-2006, 08:12 PM
He already is the best man for the job. Should have done better against the 2nd and 3rd stringers? You can't get much better when your OL allows guys to come free and untouched every play and you are throwing to guys about to be cut.

JP did great with what he had to work with. What is holcombs excuse?

Its JP's job, name him the starter and lets move on.

JP is not the only one to blame, but he didn't do so well with the plays that were on him.

Michael82
08-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Me too, Mikey.
You should stop over to the BillsZone/Helmet Crew tailgate! :up:

:hi5:

Earthquake Enyart
08-14-2006, 08:44 AM

When he avoids the pressure, which he does well, he needs to get rid of it or tuck and run. Maybe he was pressing himself to not run, but he needs to remember that stepping up in the pocket means he has about 2 seconds until the pressure from behind closes in. He took a couple of unnecessary sacks that way while holding onto the ball.
I think maybe I'm just frustrated because RJ and Bledsoe did the same thing...took unnecessary sacks.
Especially on plays with a three step drop. If the guy isn't open, run. Don't stand there.

Typ0
08-14-2006, 08:47 AM

I'd rather see him take a sack than throw an INT.

NorthCarBills
08-14-2006, 09:04 AM

I was at the game in Charlotte, and there were a lot of Bills fans in attendence. When JP FINALLY replaced KH, you could hear the shouts of joy and support from the stands.

JP clearly outplayed KH - but that's not to say he had a great game. But I will tell you that his mobility saved us early on, and as the game went on he got more comfortable and looked more poised. Based on JP's performance and KH's horrible showing, it seems to be his job to lose now.