PDA

View Full Version : My take aways from the game

X-Era
08-13-2006, 09:03 AM
1) Losman throttled Holcomb in this game. KH throws a INT for a TD? He was skipping em, he throws like crap and has no moves to dodge the sacks.

Losman on the other handed started slow but caught on, throwing bullet after bullet. He breaks sure fire sacks several times for at least opportunities at a play. The run he had wqas great. The offense seemed to "spark" under Losman. He even had a few plays where he looked Brady-esque throwing the ball with poise for a completion just before the pressure got there. I remember a swing pass where he threw it a touch early because the pressure was in his face. He flat out played much better than Holcomb.

Only one thing was missing, thats the long ball. Steve Tasker blew the play call blaming Losman for floating the long throw to Aiken. In fact, the DL touch his shoulder making him throw it off target or too fast. The pressure got to him or he would have hit that throw.

2) Kyle Williams. In several of LSU's games last year he stood out more than Wroten. This kid can play. Hes all over, what a hard nosed kid. He blasts through Bills and opponents to get a hand in and make the tackle. He looked better than McCargo last night in my opinion.

3) Sam Aiken. The kid is a ST demon. Well he added some WR plamaking to his game, he made great catches with great open moves, and fought for extra yards. He really looks like a great possession WR prospect for us.Im unsure why Reed started, if we simply want a possession WR at #2, why not Aiken? Peerless adds the vertical game but isnt a possession type. I like the thought of Peerless being the #2, but if its a possession type why not Aiken instead of Reed?

4) Ko Simpson. I said it before and Ill say it again, Simpson will become our starting FS mid season. The kid is in good position, makes great tackles, and had the nice INT.

5) Lionel Gates. A solid backup type in the mold of Dhominic Rhodes. Hes a road grader who gets it done.

Overall, I think our D played better and better as the game wore on. I want to see them build on their game and play that strong at the start of the game against Cinnci.

I cant WAIT to watch Losman start next week. I hope to hell he stands up to the 1st team D and marches us for a score. In my estimation, thats about all he needs to do now to cement down the starting job. If he doesnt, he leaves the job open to Jauron to screw it up and go with KH. But, KH's lowsy performance last night probably cans him for good.

shelby
08-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Ko Simpson rocks!

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Ellison and Youboty looked good also. Marv may have hit the jackpot with this draft. Simpson didn't have an INT it was a fumble recovery, but either way he played really well.

Michael82
08-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Ellison and Youboty looked good also. Marv may have hit the jackpot with this draft. Simpson didn't have an INT it was a fumble recovery, but either way he played really well.
Youboty looked okay. He was burned a few times, but made some nice plays too.

don137
08-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Youboty looked okay. He was burned a few times, but made some nice plays too.
agreed...I saw the Panthers QBs throw many times with more success than failures unfortunately. Not worried though, its his first NFL game

bflojohn
08-13-2006, 01:48 PM
The verdict at QB has to be cleared up after the first half next week! Losman needs to drive the point home with everything hes' got, and then this sham of a competition can come to a conclusion!