PDA

View Full Version : To the other AFC East teams fans.....

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-13-2006, 09:40 AM
What were the positives and negatives of your teams? How did D'Brick and Mangold look?

CuseJetsFan83
08-13-2006, 09:50 AM
the first half they held their own..... i'd be foolish to say i am not worried, but i dont think the line is our biggest worry now......... its the qb and rb situation........ defensively, just like buffalo a few lapses but all in all a solid effort, then again it is only preseason

thecoordinator
08-13-2006, 10:30 AM
22 deep we are an 8-10 win team but god help us if we get hit with the injury bug. especially on defense.

Ickybaluky
08-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Incomplete.

Defensively, they didn't hold up well up front, and LB is definitely thin.

Offensively, the run game looks like it is going to be stellar. Dillon is healthy and running strong, Maroney adds a new dimension with his speed, and Kevin Faulk is still a great option out of the backfield on passind downs. However, they better pray Brady stays healthy.

It is hard to make many judgements, as it was only the first preseason game and there were about 10 guys missing with injuries. It was pretty much what I expected, with WR depth and ILB being the biggest issues.

At leaast the kickers looked good.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I think Maroney is going to be a stud and I am very worried about stopping him THIS YEAR.

!Papacrunk!
08-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I think the 1st team offense and defense did good. The backup QBs were solid, Harrington did have two fumbles, one was lost. Even though Culpepper pretty much handed off during his series, it was great to see him on the field, a preseason game no less. The 2nd and 3rd string secondary gave up some very big plays. Call it an excuse, but almost all of JAX points were scored on our 2nd and 3rd string, with the 1st 10 points--JAX 1st team offense against our 2nd string. All in all, there is improvement to be made, like with any team, but it seems to be your typical 1st preseason game results. NOTE--I'm basing this stuff on clips from NFLNetwork last night, NFL Gamecenter, and things I've read. The replay will be tonight.

Samphin1
08-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Jacksonville didn't do squat against our first team defense and Zach Thomas' clean blitz on Leftwich led to an INT. Jacksonville ende dup keeping their starters in the entire first half, which was odd.

Offensively, Daunte didn't do much. He made a nice read on his first pass play. Jax blitzed heavy up the middle (which the o-line held off long enough) and Daunte picked up Chambers over the middle. Unfortunately, he threw it off his back foot and led Chris a little too far. Good read, bad execution.

His second pass was a short 3 yard out to McMike that was right on the money but short of the first down. And that was it.

Ronnie looked good from what I saw. Jacksonville has as solid a front 7 as you will find and he was able to gain positive yardage. I expect big things from him this year.

Harrington threw a couple of strikes to Randy but had an up and down game fumbling twice. If Joey is in, look for the short to medium passing game to be much more visible.

The depth in our secondary wasn't great. Jason Allen was reportedly overmatched, but he has only been practicing for about four days, so it is understandable.