PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the game this AM!!

HHURRICANE
08-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Here we go:

1) Kelly Holcomb what can I say. The interception was bad but the throw into the ground to an unopen gates was even worse. He looked like a rookie. When KH is in a position as the starter or to be the starter he folds like a cheap suit. This is well documneted. Only when he comes in as the backup or to replace an injured player can he excel as, of course, the backup!!!!

2) We might want to get Clements signed to a long term deal. McGee got spanked and he looked terrible.

3) Marv's draft is starting to look like the best one in 10 years. The rookies played better than the Vets.

4) Kyle Williams should be the starter over Anderson. When he was in there the Panthers running game got shut down by him. Williams looked awesome.

5) Mario Haggan had better pick it up as well. Ellsin looked great.

6) Moorman had better start getting his practice punts on the field. He was very inconsistant.

7) JP, who I want as the starter, looked ok to good. He had no OL help so he had alot of pressure. JP, never ever throw over the middle when your deep into your reads and need to get rid of the ball.

8) Gates is great. I really believe he could be the strating RB. As usual I am unimpressed with McGahee and his heart. Instead of an A-train we need a "Lionel Train". Cut Shauld Williams.

9) Ricard is going to be the starting FB. The boy can block!!!!!!

Unless Nall comes in and lights it up Holcomb is done. If Jauron wastes any more time on Holcomb than he should be fired, FIRED!!!!

DMBcrew36
08-13-2006, 10:10 AM
good post.. i agree for the most part

justasportsfan
08-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I listened to parts of it and the panthers radio suck. Their commentators were so freaking biased it was like reading wys' posts. .

Saw it this morning as well. I am pleasantly surprised w/ the way the bills played.

PRO's:

1. they started out bad, but kept their composure especially at the 2nd half while Moolarkeys team crumbled during 2nd. half.

2. I hope KH gets better for the sake of the team. Th OL breaking down at times could get JP into trouble. Yes, JP. Meaning he's gonna start.

3. Kyle Willimas was a beast. Not saying he should start because our starters didn't get enough time to strut .

4. I LOVE our rb depth. Gates/ A-Train. Who cares who gives Willis rest. Both back ups can punish D's with their size . It was nice to see Willis make thast one handed catch coming from the backfield and getting more involved w/ the passing game. Maybe he should buy a few bottles of booze and invite Thurman for a drunken night and have Willis pickhis brain about the passing game just like Kelly helps out JP.

5. I like how JP didn't panic. He was calm in the pocket. Most sacks were the OL's fault.

6. Jauron didn't look like a lost pup out there unlike Moolarkey.

7. We aren't gonna have the worst running D this year.

8. I love our draft and it's starting to show that Marv did it right and ICE was wrong . :snicker:

9. Lindell was awsome. I knew he had a huge leg but needed consistency. Hopefully this will be his breakout year.

ConS:
1. ST wasn't special but that was expected. They weren't running their starters during returns.

2. I've always been worried about these stupid preseason games when it comes to injuries. Bowens is a huge loss.

3. JP still needs to get rid of the Bledsoe habit and learn how to get rid of the ball when he has to . It's not the loss of yards I am worried about when getting sacked. It's the punishment of getting hit.

4. OL still worries me. I know they weren't all out and they were facing the panthers D that didn't relax all game. They still need more polishing but they were pushing the panthers D backward on a consistent basis.

STOP the qb competition. Inspite of being in the league longer, KH is having a hard time picking up a new offense that's new to JP as well. It was easy to defend KH. Stack the line and protect the 5-10 yards area and he's screwed.

I left the penalties out because they are both pro's and cons at the same time. I love for the team to make the mental mistakes so they can fix it now.

BillsFever21
08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
I listened to parts of it and the panthers radio suck. Their commentators were so freaking biased it was like reading wys' posts. .

Saw it this morning as well. I am pleasantly surprised w/ the way the bills played.

PRO's:

1. they started out bad, but kept their composure especially at the 2nd half while Moolarkeys team crumbled during 2nd. half.

2. I hope KH gets better for the sake of the team. Th OL breaking down at times could get JP into trouble. Yes, JP. Meaning he's gonna start.

3. Kyle Willimas was a beast. Not saying he should start because our starters didn't get enough time to strut .

4. I LOVE our rb depth. Gates/ A-Train. Who cares who gives Willis rest. Both back ups can punish D's with their size . It was nice to see Willis make thast one handed catch coming from the backfield and getting more involved w/ the passing game. Maybe he should buy a few bottles of booze and invite Thurman for a drunken night and have Willis pickhis brain about the passing game just like Kelly helps out JP.

5. I like how JP didn't panic. He was calm in the pocket. Most sacks were the OL's fault.

6. Jauron didn't look like a lost pup out there unlike Moolarkey.

7. We aren't gonna have the worst running D this year.

8. I love our draft and it's starting to show that Marv did it right and ICE was wrong . :snicker:

9. Lindell was awsome. I knew he had a huge leg but needed consistency. Hopefully this will be his breakout year.

ConS:
1. ST wasn't special but that was expected. They weren't running their starters during returns.

2. I've always been worried about these stupid preseason games when it comes to injuries. Bowens is a huge loss.

3. JP still needs to get rid of the Bledsoe habit and learn how to get rid of the ball when he has to . It's not the loss of yards I am worried about when getting sacked. It's the punishment of getting hit.

4. OL still worries me. I know they weren't all out and they were facing the panthers D that didn't relax all game. They still need more polishing but they were pushing the panthers D backward on a consistent basis.

STOP the qb competition. Inspite of being in the league longer, KH is having a hard time picking up a new offense that's new to JP as well. It was easy to defend KH. Stack the line and protect the 5-10 yards area and he's screwed.

I left the penalties out because they are both pro's and cons at the same time. I love for the team to make the mental mistakes so they can fix it now.

Good post. Only a couple things I can't totally agree with yet.

This was the 2nd half of a preseason game. Not a regular season game. Lets see what happens then.

One preseason game for the 25 minutes most of them played doesn't prove that this was a great draft. A little far ahead of ourselves over 1 preseason half of football for them. It's not like they were all animals out there. Williams looked the best of any of them.

At least it wasn't as bad as the guy who said this is the best draft in the last 10 years over 1/2 of a preseason game.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
I think McGee will be fine, and yes I agree that Kyle williams should be starting over Tim Anderson or even McCargo should start over him. These guys guys are hungry and they want to prove that they are able to play at this level. How good does Ko Simpson look? I think when it is all said and done he may be the better of the two safeties we got. Whitner will be good too, but man Ko Simpson has impressed the hell out of me all training camp. Keith Ellison looks like he should be ahead of Haggan on the depth chart. Terrence Pennington was awful at LT. Did anyone see how Brad Butler did out there?

justasportsfan
08-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Good post. Only a couple things I can't totally agree with yet.

This was the 2nd half of a preseason game. Not a regular season game. Lets see what happens then.

One preseason game for the 25 minutes most of them played doesn't prove that this was a great draft. A little far ahead of ourselves over 1 preseason half of football for them. It's not like they were all animals out there. Williams looked the best of any of them.

At least it wasn't as bad as the guy who said this is the best draft in the last 10 years over 1/2 of a preseason game. I know it was preseason. My observations were based on that game alone except for the running D. Most cover 2 D's usually don't get ran over most of the time since most defenders run towards the ball which causes team to clog up the running lanes.

I loved what I saw from our draft. They can only get better.

HHURRICANE
08-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I think McGee will be fine, and yes I agree that Kyle williams should be starting over Tim Anderson or even McCargo should start over him. These guys guys are hungry and they want to prove that they are able to play at this level. How good does Ko Simpson look? I think when it is all said and done he may be the better of the two safeties we got. Whitner will be good too, but man Ko Simpson has impressed the hell out of me all training camp. Keith Ellison looks like he should be ahead of Haggan on the depth chart. Terrence Pennington was awful at LT. Did anyone see how Brad Butler did out there?

Pennington blew last night. He had a zillion false starts. Brad Butler proved that camp isn't a real game. He took his licks as well.

Kyle Williams was awesome on stopping the run. I think the Tim Anderson experiment is over. YoBouty and Simpson looked very good.

No more *****ing about Marv's draft. If McCargo plays well next week you can say Marv hit a home run!! Good for him.