PDA

View Full Version : Qb's vs Cinci...

YardRat
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Will JP only play the first quarter, and Holcomb get the second, third, and some of the fourth in a true reversal of roles from last night, or will JP play more and KH less?

And please...I don't really want to hear what you would if you were the head coach...I'd prefer to hear what you actually may think will happen.

RockStar36
08-13-2006, 11:08 AM
I think it will be more even. I got the vibe last night that KH was pulled a little earlier than expected because like most of us, Jauron just couldn't take any more.

Drive 4 Five
08-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I agree with RS36. I think Losman will play well into the second half before we see Kelly again.

Philagape
08-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't believe a word out of Dick's mouth anymore, so I have no idea.

Michael82
08-13-2006, 08:16 PM
JP Losman will play the whole first half, Kelly Holcomb will play most of the 2nd half.

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I think there will be a basic reversal, unless Nall is ready to play. That might changes things up significantly.

DraftBoy
08-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I could see JP getting 1-2 quarters, Holcomb anoher qtr and Nall a qtr

The_Philster
08-13-2006, 09:02 PM
I could see JP getting 1-2 quarters, Holcomb anoher qtr and Nall a qtr
That's about what I'm thinking
1 1/2 for JP
1 for Holcomb
1 for Nall
1/2 for Kingsbury

though if Nall is up to it, they may give him Kingsbury's allotment as well

BADTHINGSMAN
08-13-2006, 09:18 PM
If Losman starts, Id say 2 full quarters for him..Holcomb should get a full quarter,with Nall and Kingsbury splitting the 4th..

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Losman Just better start during the regular season...GO JP!

hammerbillsfan
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Losman Just better start during the regular season...GO JP!

:welcome: to Billszone! :bandwagon

Michael82
08-13-2006, 09:41 PM
If Losman starts, Id say 2 full quarters for him..Holcomb should get a full quarter,with Nall and Kingsbury splitting the 4th..
Good post!

paladin warrior
08-13-2006, 09:47 PM
What about Craig Nall... Are He going try out?

SquishDaFish
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Hes been injured.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-13-2006, 09:58 PM
What about Craig Nall... Are He going try out?

Nall is :hurt:..

Turf
08-13-2006, 10:15 PM
If Nall was ready I'd hope he'd get the 2nd string nod, we already know what we have in Holcomb.
I agree that Dick couldn't take anymore of Kelly, he had seen anough. As for as what comes out of Dick's mouth, I have no comment :funny:

X-Era
08-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Will JP only play the first quarter, and Holcomb get the second, third, and some of the fourth in a true reversal of roles from last night, or will JP play more and KH less?

And please...I don't really want to hear what you would if you were the head coach...I'd prefer to hear what you actually may think will happen.

I think JP plays one series short of the half. KH plays until the 1st series of the 4th and Kliff Kingsbury gets the rest.

They will even it up this time.

JP will look decent, playing off on his strong Car performance but falling short of a 3 or even 2 TD performance against Cinnci. I think he goes 1 TD, but say 120 Yrads, 65% compl.

KH comes in and does about the same but without the TD (we all know he cant score in the red zone no matter WHO he is facing).

I think overall, they will look similar but the battle has been won already with JP's strong performance against Car.

I expect the starter to be named by the 3rd pre-season game.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-13-2006, 10:28 PM
I expect the starter to be named by the 3rd pre-season game.

Hopefully after the Cinci game.. That way when Losman is named the starter he has the other 2 games to gel with the WR..

LifetimeBillsFan
08-14-2006, 07:43 AM
IMHO Nall knows that if he does not play this week, he will lose his shot at being the starter at least until the middle of the season--if that. So, I believe that if Nall can walk, he will try to play and will do whatever he has to in order to convince the coaches and medical staff that he can play. After all, this is a guy who came to the Bills specifically because he was told that he would have a fair shot at winning the starting QB job and he knows that those kinds of chances come few and far between.

That being the case, I believe that Nall will play this weekend. And, if he plays, the coaching staff--remember this is the coaching staff that brought him in to compete for the starting QB job--will give him at least a quarter to show what he's got. The question is, which quarter? That, I believe, will depend on how Nall does in practice this week in comparison with the other two QBs.

JP Losman will start and get the first quarter and possibly a few minutes in the second quarter if he is doing well.

Then, it will be either Nall or Holcomb, based on how each performs in practice this week. If it is Nall, he may get the remainder of the first half and all of the third quarter. If it is Holcomb, he gets the rest of the first half and the first two series of the third quarter.

If Nall goes second, Holcomb finishes the game or goes one series short of finishing. If Holcomb goes second, Nall turns over the reins to Kingsbury at about the same point that JPL exited last week, unless Nall is lighting it up or the Bills are winning big, in which case Nall gets a chance to finish the game.

Holcomb got three series last week and I don't think they will give less than that to JP this week. He will have to do something with those three possessions, but, if he does, that will pretty much extend into the second quarter. They have to give the second QB at least a quarter, which will mean taking it to the end of the first half and--to be fair--likely the first possession out of the lockerroom in the second half. If that QB produces, he probably gets one, at most two, more possessions. If not, that's probably it because they want to make sure they give the third guy a chance to do something meaningful without getting him killed. If the game is close, they might keep the third guy in if he's doing well, but, if the game starts to break down and people are just flying around and making a lot of mistakes, they put in Kingsbury so that, if any QB gets hurt, he's the one. That being said, I think that they will give Nall as much time as possible, without obviously shorting Holcomb too much, if Nall shows anything in practice this week.

Kenny
08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
I'd like to see JP in for the entire first half (unless he struggles as bad as KH did last game).

I think it was pretty much even in terms of who the starter would be between KH and JP before last game. It wasnt so much that Losman won it, but KH definately lost it. Im not saying that JP is 'our guy' yet... but he's got to be in the lead.

Give him the entire first half, and then give KH the third and a bit. If KH struggles in the third, start Nall in the 4th.
If JP does average or better in the first and KH struggles like we all expect him to, we cut him or demote him to 3rd string and give Nall a chance.