PDA

View Full Version : Any further word on Bowen?

shelby
08-13-2006, 12:17 PM
i saw he got hurt last night.
All i can find is this:

Bills starting strong safety Matt Bowen suffered a lower leg injury in the first half but X-rays were negative. He was replaced by top pick Donte Whitner.

link (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060813/SPORTS03/608130338/1007/SPORTS)

What did y'all think of Whitner's performance?

Dr. Lecter
08-13-2006, 12:30 PM
According to Jauron's post game interview it was a nerve type of injury and is expected to be minor.

DraftBoy
08-13-2006, 12:31 PM
It didnt sound minor, Im gonna wait for the MRI results, prolly come back Monday. He didnt even stop on the bench, went straight to the locker room.

gr8slayer
08-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I wasnt all that impressed with Whitner.

At the end of the game the announcers said that Bowen's injury was minor.

Michael82
08-13-2006, 08:21 PM
I wasnt all that impressed with Whitner.

At the end of the game the announcers said that Bowen's injury was minor.
Consider the fact that Whitner missed the whole first week of practice. I think he did pretty good.

chernobylwraiths
08-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, if nothing else, Whitner won't have to learn the position from the bench. I liked what I saw from Whitner. None of our DBs will look good though if we can't generate a decent pass rush with the front four.

OpIv37
08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
i saw he got hurt last night.
All i can find is this:

link (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060813/SPORTS03/608130338/1007/SPORTS)

What did y'all think of Whitner's performance?

I promise not to tell Coy Wire about this thread- i wouldn't want him to get jealous that you're showing interest in the other slow, white safety.

shelby
08-14-2006, 04:06 AM
:rofl:

Night Train
08-14-2006, 06:33 AM
"Dislocated Starting Spot" is the official word.

Out until Whitner gets hurt.

LtFinFan66
08-14-2006, 06:38 AM
:rofl:

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I promise not to tell Coy Wire about this thread- i wouldn't want him to get jealous that you're showing interest in the other slow, white safety.

all joking aside, Bowen's actually pretty fast. He has 4.4 speed.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 09:35 AM
all joking aside, Bowen's actually pretty fast. He has 4.4 speed.

shhh.... my joke's funnier if you don't tell people that.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-14-2006, 09:44 AM
According to Jauron: "Matt Bowen had a leg-nerve contusion. It's the same kind of thing, they don't think it's a long term injury. "
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3973

It sounds like one of those things where he took the hit right on the nerveand perhaps on the bone. It can hurt like hell, especially right after impact, for a couple of days, but is not nearly as serious as tearing or pulling something. Depending on where it is, he'll probably have to stay off of it for a couple of days and miss a few practices to keep from injuring something else compensating for it. He probably will miss the Cincy game, but, from the sound of it, it shouldn't keep him from being able to play in the regular season.

What it will do is give the coaches a chance to really throw Donte Whitner into the deep end of the pool and force him to learn how to swim a lot faster. It didn't sound like he was ready to come in last week when Bowen went down and, given the fact that he was quoted as saying that he didn't think his holdout cost him that much in terms of being behind, maybe it was a good thing that he struggled a bit after being forced to go in. Nothing like a little forced humility and a lot of playing time to get a guy like Whitner focused on how much he still has to learn.... Certainly he can only benefit from the extra reps that he will be getting. They're going to be asking a lot of him in this defense and there's no doubt that he is going to struggle at times, like he did on Saturday night, but it's good that he's having some struggles and getting a little extra playing time now--that can only serve to make him better sooner.

And, it sounds like Bowen will be back soon enough to push him and be a safety net behind him when he struggles--which is also good.

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 10:03 AM
shhh.... my joke's funnier if you don't tell people that.

People:

I was wrong. Bowen is White. And he is thereby Slow.

Resume laughing with Op. Thank you.

TigerJ
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Take two ibuprofen and call me in the morning.