PDA

View Full Version : Whitner?

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Did anyone try to key in on Whitner and see how he did? What did you guys think of his play last night?

Risin
08-13-2006, 01:40 PM
I didn't watch him too closely, but he looks to be a sure tackler, and was around the ball a lot.

He took that personal foul penalty, but hopefully he learned from it.

I think overall, all our rookies in the secondary have nothing to hang their heads about.

They all held their own, for the most part.

I'm starting to really like this draft.

I was skeptical about Marv early on, but he is winning me over.

:dance:

Edit: Jabari Greer looked real good to me. Twice he blew up flanker screens, with great sure tackles. Same type of plays Nate Clements tends to whif on.

shelby
08-13-2006, 01:40 PM
i was asking the same question. For some reason, nfl.com doesn't have any stats on our D from last night's game.
i saw him push a receiver out of bounds, but it was after the catch....other than that, i didn't notice much.

don137
08-13-2006, 01:50 PM
I watched him a fair amount last night and the receivers always seemed to have a step on him but he is a good tackler. I am not too worried. He's been in camp for a week.

John Doe
08-13-2006, 05:23 PM
i was asking the same question. For some reason, nfl.com doesn't have any stats on our D from last night's game.

Go to NFL.com
Click "Scores"
For the Bills game Click "Game Book" and then scroll down after the page loads.

Whitner was credited with 4 tackles and 1 assist leading the team.

shelby
08-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks John....i linked thru buffalobills.com and the D stats weren't listed.
i appreciate your help!

ublinkwescore
08-13-2006, 05:36 PM
The one thing I noticed was that he was around the ball a lot.

and Kyle Williams may be the steal of our draft - the kids a Center's/guard's nightmare.

chernobylwraiths
08-13-2006, 06:03 PM
That personal foul penalty was close. I thought it was kind of BS myself.

The_Philster
08-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Thanks John....i linked thru buffalobills.com and the D stats weren't listed.
i appreciate your help!
The link's on our front page :cynic:

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-14-2006, 06:49 AM
I thought that late hit was BS also. The step that the recievers had on Whitner if they did will disappear because he is really fast.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Edit: Jabari Greer looked real good to me. Twice he blew up flanker screens, with great sure tackles. Same type of plays Nate Clements tends to whif on.

Greer also got burned once, but on the replay you could see it was because he was uncomfortable in the new system. He slowed down and looked back towards the LOS, but then realized he didn't have help behind him and tried to play catch-up. The DB's and especially the LB's seemed uncomfortable in the new system still.

He had a decent play in punt coverage, too- he missed the returner initially but recovered and caught him from behind after a modest 2 yard gain.

bigbub2352
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
The one thing i noticed about Whitner he brings something that we have not had here since Leonard Smith a mean streak at SS, Lawyer Milloy was suppossed to but never did, he also brings speed i watched him closely, and dont remeber him being a step behind anyone to the point were it was drastically noticable, he will be good and he will also be all over the feild ,we will have to see

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 10:41 AM
He's only been in camp for a week. Before the game Jauron was talking as if they were only going to use Whitner sparingly, as he hadn't been in camp long and they didn't want to play him before he was in game shape. Looks like he reported to camp in good shape, cause Jauron played him for a large portion of the game. That's a postive statement in itself.

I think he'll be fine. With Bowen potentially injured, he may have to be.