• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Don't blame Holcomb or the oline

Blame Marv and Dick for playing them and also for not providing better alternatives.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Don't blame Holcomb or the oline

I don't blame anyone.

The Bills are what they are, a team that needs 3 or more years to rebuild.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
      I don't blame anyone.

That's what we said in '97, and then again in '01, and now again in '06. Should call us the Buffalo Rebuilders.

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

The ReBillders. i like it.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I don't blame anyone.

And you call yourself a Homer...

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
            • May 2003

Originally posted by shelby

Starting at QB for the Buffalo Rebillders, no. 7, J.P. Lossman!!!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by shelby
              That's actually pretty funny....

Time to hit Photoshop and come up with a logo for it.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

Perpetual rebuilding! Whoooo!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

I dont blame him for the oline, I blame him for throwing a super sweet touchdown pass to the wrong team.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Its just kinda interesting that we put so much focus on who should start, e.g,. KH or JP, when the reality is that we're in this position because of Dick and Marv. It's not KH's fault he started and sucks, nor is it the oline's fault they suck. It all comes back to the people who make the roster and who make the calls.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      That's what we said in '97, and then again in '01, and now again in '06. Should call us the Buffalo Rebuilders.
                      Given that as you say, "Donahoe ruined the team", I think Marv should get at least one more year to make significant improvements. It's difficult to completely overhaul the team in one year. Olinemen take a bit more time to play better together and need to work as one unit. I think you need more than one preseason game to critique them.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                        Given that as you say, "Donahoe ruined the team", I think Marv should get at least one more year to make significant improvements. It's difficult to completely overhaul the team in one year. Olinemen take a bit more time to play better together and need to work as one unit. I think you need more than one preseason game to critique them.
                        Actually I've been more apt to say RW has ruined the team, given he is the one hiring the incompetent FO people and firing the competent ones.

But I hear you about giving Marv and Dick a chance. It does take time to build a team. However, it's just that so far they've done nothing (IMHO) to show me they will be able to get it done. Average to weak draft, poor FA and overal lack of decision making and leadership one usually sees with other successful FO personnel.

Hope I'm wrong but nothing so far has shown me otherwise.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Its just kinda interesting that we put so much focus on who should start, e.g,. KH or JP, when the reality is that we're in this position because of Dick and Marv. It's not KH's fault he started and sucks, nor is it the oline's fault they suck. It all comes back to the people who make the roster and who make the calls.
                          How the hell is Marv and Jauron's fault? TD built a majority of this team. (Note: This is MArv's and Jauron's FIRST year with this team in their current positions). It takes more than one season to re-build a team.

This team is in this situation because TD left a mess that will take more than one year to rebuild. It will NOT occur overnight.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Actually I've been more apt to say RW has ruined the team, given he is the one hiring the incompetent FO people and firing the competent ones.

But I hear you about giving Marv and Dick a chance. It does take time to build a team. However, it's just that so far they've done nothing (IMHO) to show me they will be able to get it done. Average to weak draft, poor FA and overal lack of decision making and leadership one usually sees with other successful FO personnel.

I guess with a name like "Mr Cynical" you aren't going to be too patient.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

How do you know hos this draft is? Nobodoy does.

It is not possible to evaluate Mrav yet. The team under his supervision has played in exactly zero regular season games. None. Zilch. Nada. The draft picks have yet to play in one real game.

It would be impossible to show you otherwise because of those reasons. Conversly, they have also shown you nothing to think they suck.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X