PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the no huddle!

Mitchy moo
08-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Losman seemed to run the two minute drill real nicely against the Panthers last night. I say we bring back the no huddle attack of the 90's and see what Losman can do with it. What do we have to lose? <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_742508-->

ICE74129
08-13-2006, 07:06 PM
No.

Mr. Cynical
08-13-2006, 07:26 PM
:rofl:

hammerbillsfan
08-13-2006, 07:32 PM
No.

:bf1:

Bruce is Loose
08-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Arent we always complaining that our defense is on the field too much? This might be nice in spots but cant be brought back in full force - our D would die too quickly.

billsfairweatherfan
08-13-2006, 07:46 PM
But can losman do as well against the first string? too many sacks im not ready to belive yet.

alohabillsfan
08-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I am not sure but anyone who has TIVO'ed last years JP's games I think he played best when in that situation. I am not saying that you snap the ball with 20 seconds still left, but, I would like to see JP get to the line alot quicker so he has more time to read the D and get his reads right. I would like to see a version of it early in a game just to get into the flow. I would also like to see them script the first 15 plays and practice them to assist in him gaining confidence and trust!

Meathead
08-14-2006, 10:40 AM
once jp gets settled into the job i dont think theres much doubt theyll try a kgun type attack again because you are right, he seems to be really comfortable in that scheme. add his flutie-like improvisational skills and it seems a natural fit

i doubt we'd see that earlier than the second half of the season, though. hes got a ways to go in the traditional offense before the defense is concerned enough with that for the hurry up offense to work - ie. you need to show you can score in a standard offense to force the d to make substitutions in order for the no-huddle to exploit matchups and jps not there yet

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 10:43 AM
But can losman do as well against the first string? too many sacks im not ready to belive yet.

Losman didn't do too well against the Panthers' first string- this is true. But all the sacks he took were against their 2nd and 3rd string, but with OUR 2nd and 3rd string OL in front of him and 2nd and 3rd string receivers/TE's as targets.

He's not there yet- I agree with that- but he's showing signs of improvement and clearly outplayed Holcomb.

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Losman didn't do too well against the Panthers' first string- this is true. But all the sacks he took were against their 2nd and 3rd string, but with OUR 2nd and 3rd string OL in front of him and 2nd and 3rd string receivers/TE's as targets.

He's not there yet- I agree with that- but he's showing signs of improvement and clearly outplayed Holcomb.

I would not want our 3rd string OL protecting my ass. Good lord.

Kerr
08-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I'd like to see it in some capacity, but not full-time. At times when jp ran with it last season, he seemed to do well in it.

Mudflap1
08-14-2006, 02:04 PM
"Glory days... yeah, they'll pass you by... glory days..."

Jon

YardRat
08-14-2006, 02:41 PM
JP Losman is not Jim Kelly.
Willis McGahee is not Thurman Thomas.
Lee Evans is not Andre Reed.
Peerless Price is not James Lofton.
Andre Davis is not Don Beebe.
Robert Royal is not Keith Mckeller.