PDA

View Full Version : Overtime Rules may not be changing after all

SoCalBillsFan
02-21-2003, 01:01 PM
"INDIANAPOLIS -- NFL Insider Darrell Trimble arrived in Indianapolis Wednesday for the annual scouting combine. He'll be compiling notes and gathering interviews throughout the event. Here's his lastes report.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher, co-chairman of the competition committee, said there have been initial discussions about changing the rules for overtime, but nothing is even being close to concrete. Fisher did say that right now only 50 to 60 percent of the 32 NFL coaches favor a change, and the most popular format is one that would enable both teams to touch the ball twice.

In order for the sudden death set-up to change, there has to be a 75 percent consensus among all the coaches, and right now it doesn't seem like there's enough agreement to get a change made. And count Fisher with the group of coaches that's satisfied with the status quo...."

I cant post a link because its an ESPN insider article. I'm all for a change in the way overtime is run, so this is kind of dissapointing

TigerJ
02-21-2003, 06:30 PM
Maybe we can help them out with some ideas. I just started a thread on "If you could change the NFL overtime rules. . ."