PDA

View Full Version : Does Coach Jauron Makes U Nervous?

blackonyx89
08-14-2006, 07:33 AM
I don't know about you,but I pray that that Dicky Boy better not be ultra conservative with his play calling this year.My fear that's he's so smart that he's stupid when it comes to taking big chances. Hmmmmmm. What's your take?

Statman
08-14-2006, 07:43 AM
I don't know about you,but I pray that that Dicky Boy better not be ultra conservative with his play calling this year.My fear that's he's so smart that he's stupid when it comes to taking big chances. Hmmmmmm. What's your take?
Based on what his offenses in Chicago were like you can probably answer your own question.

Earthquake Enyart
08-14-2006, 08:17 AM
This is preseason.

Don't show Belichek anything and hit him with the kitchen sink week 1.

blackonyx89
08-14-2006, 08:25 AM
This is preseason.

Don't show Belichek anything and hit him with the kitchen sink week 1.

I like that!! :-)

madness
08-14-2006, 08:28 AM
It as common knowledge they went into the preseason with a "vanilla" offense and defense. Jauron has stressed before the importance of taking shots down field. Fairchild is a great OC in the making with a solid running game background and the influence of Martz's deep passing game.

Playcalling is the least of my worries this year.

Earthquake Enyart
08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
I want to say it was Jauron's first game as HC the Bears were home against KC. Gary Crouton was the OC then. The Bears were among the first teams to run that bubble screen to the WR. They did it about 10 times to the Chiefs that day and beat them. Gunther Cunningham was the HC of the Chiefs, and I remember him being furious.

Jauron was a defensive player. His history is to give the OC free reign, to a fault. Bear fans wanted Crouton gone, as well as the famous John Scoop. Both those guys were lousy playcallers, but Jauron was loyal to a fault. The playcalling will be only as good as Fairchild.

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2006, 08:35 AM
We only lost by 1 point.

BillsFever21
08-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I have optimism for Fairchild but I'm not sold yet. He was the OC but he didn't call the plays until Martz was off on sick leave.

He basically had in influence in the playcalling for about 6 weeks. It's nice he learned Martz' passing game and has a running game background also.

Don't anybody be expecting Rams East though in Buffalo. Fairchild is new to this too and this is his first opportunity.

I'm not gonna get too excited though. Many people though Tom Clements was a star in the making when hired and look at the job he did.

I think this should be a good system though. He's gonna install a little bit of what he learned from Martz but still be dedicated to the run also.

He's new too and will have to learn on the job. Although he was the official OC in St. Louis he didn't call the plays. Martz had control of all that. He worked with him and learned from him though.

Jauron needs to let him do his thing though. I think Jauron is a conservative head coach. Just because he knows the importance of taking shots downfield doesn't mean he's not conservative. That is common sense you need to stretch the defense.

I don't have much optimism for Jauron but I'm optimistic at what Fairchild might be able to bring to the table. He had already learned and was a running system type of coach in college and he was able to learn one of the best passing offenses in the history of the league. We'll have to see how he does.

Typ0
08-14-2006, 08:40 AM
I could care less if they are conservative or not...I want to see first downs and something that works. If it's not working then I want to see adjustments. Flashy plays are fun and all...but I just want to see a good football team.

Earthquake Enyart
08-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Haven't we seen enough trick plays to last us for a while?

Typ0
08-14-2006, 08:44 AM

absolutely...and trick plays are only any good when your base offense is solid then they are a nice addition. As something to cover up for your ineptitudes trick plays are just a waste of practice time.

alohabillsfan
08-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I give him the benefit of the doubt, I like the first pre-season as a guage the team did not give up and continued to fight, I like his calmness on the sidelines and the fact that he does not seem overwhelmed. That calmness will help JP (the eventual starter of this team, unless Nall shows something), I am cautiously, optimistic!

HHURRICANE
08-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Jauron has showed us nothing to believe that he won't let Fairchild run the offense. Matter-of-fact levy hired Jauron because he wanted the coordinators, not the head coach, running the offense and defense. That's why we didn't hire Sherman.

In no way do I think this offense will look like the putrid result of MM last year.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm always nervous about the HC of the team. And, in this case, particularly because neither his OC or his DC have much of a track record.

That being said, however, I want to see what they are going to do and am going to wait for a few games into the regular season to see what kind of patterns emerge in the play-calling, etc.

The one thing that got my attention in this first preseason game, though, was the fact that the Bills got a turnover and a TD on their first defensive and offensive possessions of the second half, respectively. That simply did not happen last season. The pattern that was sickeningly repeated game after game last season was that the opposition either scored on their last possession of the first half and/or on their first possession of the second half and that the Bills did nothing on offense in the second half. Even though they did not game plan for Carolina, the Bills seemed to make better adjustments during the course of the game than at any time last year. And, to me, that was a very positive sign. Still, I'm going to want to wait and see whether that kind of thing continues.

I'd really like to see what kind of identity this team establishes, if any. But, with both a new offense and a new defense, I expect that to take awhile to emerge. That's one of the things, along with the play-calling patterns, that I think it will be interesting to look for during the course of this season.

So, yeah, I'm concerned about Jauron, but I'm not ready to prejudge him--not until I've seen enough to have something substantive to go on in making a judgement.

HAMMER
08-14-2006, 10:04 AM
It as common knowledge they went into the preseason with a "vanilla" offense and defense. Jauron has stressed before the importance of taking shots down field. Fairchild is a great OC in the making with a solid running game background and the influence of Martz's deep passing game.

Playcalling is the least of my worries this year.

Not me, both coordinators are new, I am concerned about play calling.

HAMMER
08-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Jauron has showed us nothing to believe that he won't let Fairchild run the offense. Matter-of-fact levy hired Jauron because he wanted the coordinators, not the head coach, running the offense and defense. That's why we didn't hire Sherman.

In no way do I think this offense will look like the putrid result of MM last year.

It seems we have been blaming O-Coordinators and HC's around here for years. NewsFlash, your scheme and playcalling are only as good as the players executing it.

bigbub2352
08-14-2006, 10:14 AM
To be honest, i was liking what was going on with the release's of lawyer milloy, mark campbell, sam adams, jeff posey, trading tim euhus those moves all made sense, but then to go out and sign josh ****ing reed and have him come out there and be the same loser player we have had the last 4 years is just worthless and taking away time from real NFL receivers like Peerless Price and Andre Davis, and hopefully Chris Denney and Martin Nance, Also starting Kelly holocomb, now i know it is preseason, but they know what they got in Kelly, JP needs as much time as he could possibly get... plus our offense was absolutly awful in that game running and throwing we looked not good enough that is what scares me...

gr8slayer
08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I feel better with Jauron than I did with Mularkey.

Kerr
08-14-2006, 10:23 AM
He'd make me nervous if for some odd reason he chose holcomb as the starter of this team.

gr8slayer
08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
But I feel more nervous with Jauron than I would have Haslett or Sherman.

patmoran2006
08-14-2006, 10:35 AM
We only lost by 1 point.
You know as well as I do if Carolina wanted to keep their starters in, we could have lost that game by 30 or more points.

I dont read too much into (with the exception Holcomb is awful period and the OL needs MUCH work), its only the preseason, and first game on top of it.. but we could have easily gotten blown out if Carolina wanted to put the boots to us.

North_Coast
08-14-2006, 10:38 AM

No. He's looking at players and giving newcomers and youngsters experience.

North_Coast
08-14-2006, 10:42 AM
You know as well as I do if Carolina wanted to keep their starters in, we could have lost that game by 30 or more points.

I dont read too much into (with the exception Holcomb is awful period and the OL needs MUCH work), its only the preseason, and first game on top of it.. but we could have easily gotten blown out if Carolina wanted to put the boots to us.

Probably, but I don't think they got as good as they've been by keeping their starters in all game in the preseason just to win games. Win or lose, smart coaches are about finding out about their newcomers in the first couple of preaseason games.

The oline needs work all right, but I don't think anybody really expected different. If they can be even half-way competent by the start of the season, that will be better than last year! :respect:

PromoTheRobot
08-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Well he doesn't wear a headset. That's grounds for immediate termination.

PTR

L.A. Playa
08-14-2006, 10:53 AM
he looks like the 40 year old virgin

http://buffalobillsreview.com/images/coach-jauron.jpg

http://www.roccothejanitor.com/images/steve.jpg

Meathead
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
quite frankly i love the guy so far. i cant imagine a better coach for the team and the philosophy

i feel very comfortable with the direction he and The Marv are taking this team

its going to take a little time to get everything in place so 8-8 would be quite satisfactory for this season, but long term i think the teams prospects are excellent

and i sure hope he doesnt take a hands-off approach to the defense. if theres one guy im nervous about its fewell, having never been a dc before. but dick knows plenty enough to guide him through the learning curve so it would be foolish not to

HAMMER
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
he looks like the 40 year old virgin

http://buffalobillsreview.com/images/coach-jauron.jpg

http://www.roccothejanitor.com/images/steve.jpg

His older brother, the 60 year old virgin.

Kerr
08-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Well he doesn't wear a headset. That's grounds for immediate termination.

PTR

cool sig.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2006, 02:27 PM
You folks need to be thankful once in a while. MM leaving was by far the most important thing that happened to this team in the off-season. The cleaning house started a year early as far as I am concerned. We got some pretty decent coordinators this year. The media believes we have a good coaching staff as well. Let them coach.

We are very thin on talent. OL is horrible. HORRIBLE. Trade Clemts for a left tackle right now but let's give the coaching staff sometime.

YardRat
08-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Why be nervous about something you can't control?

Typ0
08-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Even though they did not game plan for Carolina, the Bills seemed to make better adjustments during the course of the game than at any time last year. And, to me, that was a very positive sign. Still, I'm going to want to wait and see whether that kind of thing continues.

you can't honestly think the Bills were working on making adjustment during that game. It was the first pre-season game for gods sake. The only thing they wanted to do was get different personel in there to see what they were made of. Plus, you yourself said they didn't have a baseline...how in the heck could they have made adjustments when they didn't even have a starting point?

LifetimeBillsFan
08-16-2006, 03:10 AM
you can't honestly think the Bills were working on making adjustment during that game. It was the first pre-season game for gods sake. The only thing they wanted to do was get different personel in there to see what they were made of. Plus, you yourself said they didn't have a baseline...how in the heck could they have made adjustments when they didn't even have a starting point?

I didn't just pull this reference to adjustments out of my a**. At least according to London Fletcher-Baker, as quoted in Chris Brown's blog, the Bills DID make adjustments on defense during the game:

"....Fletcher - "We started playing better. They made some plays on us in the passing game. When we got to the sideline, Perry did a good job of making the adjustments on what they were doing. Defensively I think we were doing a lot of good things."...."
http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

They may not have game-planned specifically for Carolina before the game and may have started working in their base defense, but, at least according to this comment, they adjusted from their base package in response to what the Panthers were doing during the course of the game.

madness
08-16-2006, 08:42 AM
I didn't just pull this reference to adjustments out of my a**. At least according to London Fletcher-Baker, as quoted in Chris Brown's blog, the Bills DID make adjustments on defense during the game:

"....Fletcher - "We started playing better. They made some plays on us in the passing game. When we got to the sideline, Perry did a good job of making the adjustments on what they were doing. Defensively I think we were doing a lot of good things."...."
http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

They may not have game-planned specifically for Carolina before the game and may have started working in their base defense, but, at least according to this comment, they adjusted from their base package in response to what the Panthers were doing during the course of the game.

I think I have a tear forming in my eye. A defense that makes gametime adjustments? We don't deserve such favor! Anybody still upset we lost Gray?

justasportsfan
08-16-2006, 08:50 AM
I want to say it was Jauron's first game as HC the Bears were home against KC. Gary Crouton was the OC then. The Bears were among the first teams to run that bubble screen to the WR. They did it about 10 times to the Chiefs that day and beat them. Gunther Cunningham was the HC of the Chiefs, and I remember him being furious.

Jauron was a defensive player. His history is to give the OC free reign, to a fault. Bear fans wanted Crouton gone, as well as the famous John Scoop. Both those guys were lousy playcallers, but Jauron was loyal to a fault. The playcalling will be only as good as Fairchild.
:up: Well said.

justasportsfan
08-16-2006, 08:57 AM
I think we'll see quite a a lot of reverse plays. They've been running that a lot at camp w/ all the speed we have at wr and have been quite successful. Unlike Mularkey , maybe Fairchild knows when and how to to run one.