• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Does Coach Jauron Makes U Nervous?

I don't know about you,but I pray that that Dicky Boy better not be ultra conservative with his play calling this year.My fear that's he's so smart that he's stupid when it comes to taking big chances. Hmmmmmm. What's your take?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Statman
    • Oct 2003

Re: Does Coach Jauron Makes U Nervous?

Originally posted by blackonyx89
    I don't know about you,but I pray that that Dicky Boy better not be ultra conservative with his play calling this year.My fear that's he's so smart that he's stupid when it comes to taking big chances. Hmmmmmm. What's your take?
    Based on what his offenses in Chicago were like you can probably answer your own question.
    Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

This is preseason.

Don't show Belichek anything and hit him with the kitchen sink week 1.

Comment

• blackonyx89
        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        This is preseason.

Don't show Belichek anything and hit him with the kitchen sink week 1.
        I like that!! :-)
        Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

It as common knowledge they went into the preseason with a "vanilla" offense and defense. Jauron has stressed before the importance of taking shots down field. Fairchild is a great OC in the making with a solid running game background and the influence of Martz's deep passing game.

Playcalling is the least of my worries this year.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

I want to say it was Jauron's first game as HC the Bears were home against KC. Gary Crouton was the OC then. The Bears were among the first teams to run that bubble screen to the WR. They did it about 10 times to the Chiefs that day and beat them. Gunther Cunningham was the HC of the Chiefs, and I remember him being furious.

Jauron was a defensive player. His history is to give the OC free reign, to a fault. Bear fans wanted Crouton gone, as well as the famous John Scoop. Both those guys were lousy playcallers, but Jauron was loyal to a fault. The playcalling will be only as good as Fairchild.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

We only lost by 1 point.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

I have optimism for Fairchild but I'm not sold yet. He was the OC but he didn't call the plays until Martz was off on sick leave.

He basically had in influence in the playcalling for about 6 weeks. It's nice he learned Martz' passing game and has a running game background also.

Don't anybody be expecting Rams East though in Buffalo. Fairchild is new to this too and this is his first opportunity.

I'm not gonna get too excited though. Many people though Tom Clements was a star in the making when hired and look at the job he did.

I think this should be a good system though. He's gonna install a little bit of what he learned from Martz but still be dedicated to the run also.

He's new too and will have to learn on the job. Although he was the official OC in St. Louis he didn't call the plays. Martz had control of all that. He worked with him and learned from him though.

Jauron needs to let him do his thing though. I think Jauron is a conservative head coach. Just because he knows the importance of taking shots downfield doesn't mean he's not conservative. That is common sense you need to stretch the defense.

I don't have much optimism for Jauron but I'm optimistic at what Fairchild might be able to bring to the table. He had already learned and was a running system type of coach in college and he was able to learn one of the best passing offenses in the history of the league. We'll have to see how he does.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I could care less if they are conservative or not...I want to see first downs and something that works. If it's not working then I want to see adjustments. Flashy plays are fun and all...but I just want to see a good football team.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Haven't we seen enough trick plays to last us for a while?

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                      Haven't we seen enough trick plays to last us for a while?
                      absolutely...and trick plays are only any good when your base offense is solid then they are a nice addition. As something to cover up for your ineptitudes trick plays are just a waste of practice time.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

I give him the benefit of the doubt, I like the first pre-season as a guage the team did not give up and continued to fight, I like his calmness on the sidelines and the fact that he does not seem overwhelmed. That calmness will help JP (the eventual starter of this team, unless Nall shows something), I am cautiously, optimistic!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Jauron has showed us nothing to believe that he won't let Fairchild run the offense. Matter-of-fact levy hired Jauron because he wanted the coordinators, not the head coach, running the offense and defense. That's why we didn't hire Sherman.

In no way do I think this offense will look like the putrid result of MM last year.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

I'm always nervous about the HC of the team. And, in this case, particularly because neither his OC or his DC have much of a track record.

That being said, however, I want to see what they are going to do and am going to wait for a few games into the regular season to see what kind of patterns emerge in the play-calling, etc.

The one thing that got my attention in this first preseason game, though, was the fact that the Bills got a turnover and a TD on their first defensive and offensive possessions of the second half, respectively. That simply did not happen last season. The pattern that was sickeningly repeated game after game last season was that the opposition either scored on their last possession of the first half and/or on their first possession of the second half and that the Bills did nothing on offense in the second half. Even though they did not game plan for Carolina, the Bills seemed to make better adjustments during the course of the game than at any time last year. And, to me, that was a very positive sign. Still, I'm going to want to wait and see whether that kind of thing continues.

I'd really like to see what kind of identity this team establishes, if any. But, with both a new offense and a new defense, I expect that to take awhile to emerge. That's one of the things, along with the play-calling patterns, that I think it will be interesting to look for during the course of this season.

So, yeah, I'm concerned about Jauron, but I'm not ready to prejudge him--not until I've seen enough to have something substantive to go on in making a judgement.
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by madness
                              It as common knowledge they went into the preseason with a "vanilla" offense and defense. Jauron has stressed before the importance of taking shots down field. Fairchild is a great OC in the making with a solid running game background and the influence of Martz's deep passing game.

Playcalling is the least of my worries this year.
                              Not me, both coordinators are new, I am concerned about play calling.

Comment

Working...
                              X