PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Did anybody watch the Broncos-Lions game friday night? Jay Cutler looked GOOD. Looked VERY comfortable in the pocket, finished 16-22 for 190+ yards and a TD. Receivers dropped at least one ball, and a 20-yard completion was negged b/c the receiver stepped out of bounds. The dude could easily have been 18 or 19 of 22.

It's only preseason, but if Cutler continues to play as well as he did last night.....let's just say I hope JP has a breakthrough season so we don't have to play the hindsight game.

BillsFever21
08-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Did anybody watch the Broncos-Lions game friday night? Jay Cutler looked GOOD. Looked VERY comfortable in the pocket, finished 16-22 for 190+ yards and a TD. Receivers dropped at least one ball, and a 20-yard completion was negged b/c the receiver stepped out of bounds. The dude could easily have been 18 or 19 of 22.

It's only preseason, but if Cutler continues to play as well as he did last night.....let's just say I hope JP has a breakthrough season so we don't have to play the hindsight game.

Cutler will have a successful career in Denver. He has a great coach with a great system.

Look at the bums and/or average QB's he got success out of in Denver. Griese hasn't had success anywhere else except for a good year in Tampa with another good coach. He had some great years in Denver. Plummer didn't have any success in Arizona. He's been good in Denver.

If the coaching staff isn't any better then what we've seen the last 10 years in Buffalo then Cutler wouldn't even be close to the same QB as he could turn out in Denver.

If Cutler was drafted by Buffalo I gurantee he wouldn't have had that same type of success in his first preseason game. Jauron can't hold Shanahan's jock strap.

A the coaches job to tap into the potential and have a good system and players around a QB that will put him into the best situation to succeed.

I don't care how good a QB is. If he was around the junk Buffalo has seen the past 7 years he wouldn't have came close to enjoying the same success he did on other teams.

Had JP been drafted by Pittsburgh or the Giants he would be further along and much better then he's been so far. had Big Ben or Eli been drafted by Buffalo then they wouldn't be in the same situation and playing at the same level as they have on their current teams.

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Perhaps, there are of course variables that play into it. For instance, beyond coaching, no rookie can complain about getting to learn the ropes behind Denver or Pittsburgh's offensive lines. It's much easier when you can complete a three-step drop before having to run for your life.

But what I'm talking about is more about how Cutler just looked poised and confident, like it was his team and he belonged in the pocket. You can't really teach that, and it's not something you expect from a rookie QB. Just my impression, I haven't read any of the media reports on the game yet to see if others saw the same thing.

BillsNick
08-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I can definitely see why Denver drafted him. He looked great in the pocket.