X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Q&A with TD. (Must Read)

Every Bill fan has to read this. As I usually do, I will provide some "tidbits" (just for you log)

First of all he states that the DL and LB will be addressed this off-season.
    We want to address our defense, we want to address our defensive line, we want to address linebacker. Those aren't secrets. Those are priorities on our football team as we head into the offseason.
    I wonder who they are thinking about getting
    We have a plan going in [to free agency] , we'll be flexible with it, we'll make adjustments and we'll be patient. If we have a guy or two pinpointed and we don't get them, it's not the end of the world. You just have to regroup and go on to Plan B.
    Would a tranisition tag descourage him form pursuing someone? (translation: Will he pursue Spikes?)
    "It makes it more challenging when a team does that. I won't say that it would or wouldn't. But one of the problems with that tag is a lot of times you feel like you're doing somebody else's work. That can discourage you, but I'm not saying it would eliminate us from doing it. If you do go after a player like that, it essentially takes you out of the market for seven days. I don't know anybody that's been faced with matching a transition tag that hasn't waited right until the end."
    Well, TD feels LeBeau will be here
    My gut feeling is that he's coming. We have given Dick some time. It would be an addition to Gregg's staff, so it's not like it's a position we feel like we have to fill if Dick would say that he isn't (coming). But we told Dick, 'Take your time and make sure that it's what you want to do.' Dick came in and visited with Gregg and Jerry Gray. They had a great visit. They talked about how Dick would fit in. Those of you who know Dick certainly understand his character and he wanted to make sure that everybody was comfortable that if he did come he wouldn't be stepping on anybody's toes. People wouldn't see him as a threat. Gregg has been in touch with him since the visit. My feeling is it will get resolved. We just kind of left the ball right now in Dick's court."
    There is so much to talk about in this interview that I could have just cut and paste the whole article. Anyway, read, enjoy and lets discuss some of his comments.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Good job Romes!

btw... I put this on the front page (billszone.com). There's a link there that will allow you to submit any news for us to "publish". When it gets published.... you "earn" a few extra zb's.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
      Good job Romes!

btw... I put this on the front page (billszone.com). There's a link there that will allow you to submit any news for us to "publish". When it gets published.... you "earn" a few extra zb's.
      Why did Romes do a good job? Did he interview TD himself, or did he copy off of another web site?
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Thanks Cntry. But really, it wasn't very difficult. Just trying to get some conversation on this going, but it doesn't seem to be going very well.
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

Why did Romes do a good job? Did he interview TD himself, or did he copy off of another web site?
          he did a good job by finding an interesting read and posting the highlights of the interview... he contributed.. try it sometime.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Cntrygal
            • Jul 2002

Tatonka! Your answer is better than the the " " I was thinking of.

The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• Judge
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

he did a good job by finding an interesting read and posting the highlights of the interview... he contributed.. try it sometime.
              Not much of an effort to copy and paste.
              Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

It's only plagiarism if the source isn't credited
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

By the way, I know it was tough to find that article. The Bills sent it to me in an e-mail through their e-mail update service.

Wow- is that all it takes to be considered a contributor here?

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    • Jul 2002

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                      Right back at ya.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge
                        By the way, I know it was tough to find that article. The Bills sent it to me in an e-mail through their e-mail update service.

Wow- is that all it takes to be considered a contributor here?
                        well.. i was going to explain to you what i consider a contributor, but you would just waste more of my time with some more dribble that just proves my point more..
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

Thanks for defending my posts Cntry and Tatonka

I didn't know how to respond to Judge. He is a little intimidating (and judgemental after all that is his gimmick).

RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Good post romes. I'm hoping TD has the D as a priority.
                            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                            to be led by permanent ideals -
                            that is what keeps a man patient
                            when the world ignores him,
                            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                              Thanks Cntry. But really, it wasn't very difficult. Just trying to get some conversation on this going, but it doesn't seem to be going very well.
                              Well, I'm here now, and just startin' to "dip my pen", so....

Originally posted by Romes
                              Thanks for defending my posts Cntry and Tatonka

I didn't know how to respond to Judge. He is a little intimidating (and judgemental after all that is his gimmick).

Yeah, he's a few other things too!

Easy there Judge, don't fall off your bench!

See Romes, you gotta understand a few things about Judge and you won't be intimidated. He's a liberal. About as liberal as they get. Generally libs don't provide a whole lot of substance to anything, they merely say things and complain and whine a lot w/o offering any solutions, practical or otherwise. When they do, they usually fall into the impractical side.

So just take what he says w/ a grain of salt. Don't expect much in the way of reason or sense. Expect what you just got here. I know, b/c a lot of people criticize what I say often b/c I hold provocative viewpoints to say the least. Many people argue or hold counter views but say why. Tatonka is one, 137 at times, many others. They counter but then make sense doing so. Judge never does. He only hammers but never, or rarely (never say never), does he put together a string of his own stuff. Textbook liberal ideology in fact. Short one-liners and slogans that make people laugh (some people, sometimes), and that's the extent of their platform.

So once you look at it like that, it'll start making some sense, at least from the perspective of self-sanity. But don't be intimidated!!! I will say this, I always try to respond courteously, professionally, and politely to the harshest of my critics, but with Judge there's usually just nothing to respond to.

Hope that helps.

BTW, to find all of Judge's contributions, go look at the very top of the front page. They're all listed there. Or not!
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X