PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Marv Levy has a better eye

ghz in pittsburgh
08-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Remember the draft day story by Chris Brown that Levy wanted to draft Kyle Williams much higher than he was drafted this year? Modrak's people had to convince him much like convincing hims to trade up to get McCargo.

And it looks like Levy may know a thing or two about whether a guy can play in NFL better than advertised.

Notice I did not say that he's a top GM because from those stories, you can tell he is not draft savvy - as in getting players in right spots, which's the only strong trait of our last GM.

The bottom line is to get talent. As long as he can spot talent, that's good enough for me.

Now going back to the Whitner pick, in which Levy made the decision of not trading down in fear of someone else may snap him, maybe Whitner will turn out good, too.

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I'll give you this--It's early, but through camp I'm liking our '06 draft more and more.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 01:11 PM
levy has 50 years in the football business.he has to know something.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I liked the way Kyle Williams played too, but keep in mind that it was only one preseason game. If he keeps it up, you may have a point, but I think it's too early to be giving Marv accolades for one player's performance in one preseason game.

HAMMER
08-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I liked the way Kyle Williams played too, but keep in mind that it was only one preseason game. If he keeps it up, you may have a point, but I think it's too early to be giving Marv accolades for one player's performance in one preseason game.

That's right, you can't know if a Hall of Fame coach with fifty years of NFL experience knows a damn thing about football talent from one pre-season game. Jeeez you guys.

Tatonka
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
i was very happy with the performance of almost all of our draft picks.

YardRat
08-14-2006, 02:51 PM
I liked the way young guys players.

And, yes, Levy does know a thing or two about football.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2006, 03:07 PM

Considering some of the stories that I am hearing out of other camps I would say that the Draft already looks pretty good. Every player has shown something. That alone is pretty impressive. We could have a bunch of year one starters!!

John Doe
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
There is the possibility that, a few years down the road, this draft might produce 6 starters on defense.

A draft does not get too much better than that.