PDA

View Full Version : Why does Losman have the edge to be the starter?

don137
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
The vast majority feel Losman is the winner of the QB competition, myself included. Do you feel JP has earned the starting job or has he earned it by deafult because Nall got hurt and Holcomb has been awful?

MTBillsFan
08-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Holcomb is lookin like his age is really starting to catch up with him. Poor decisions and poor reads. Nall just needs to get healthy.

Mitchy moo
08-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Holcomb is lookin like his age is really starting to catch up with him. Poor decisions and poor reads. Nall just needs to get healthy.

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060814/SPORTS/608150308

gr8slayer
08-14-2006, 01:27 PM
I think they both made some pretty stupid errors. I wont feel completely comfortable untill one of them goes on a regular season winning streak of three or more games and just simply dominates.

patmoran2006
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Losman hasnt EARNED anything.. He's winning be default because Holcomb is a chump..

The_Philster
08-14-2006, 04:03 PM
I choose options A & B

Jeff1220
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Losman hasnt EARNED anything.. He's winning be default because Holcomb is a chump..

Unfortunately, there's a lot of truth in this statement.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 04:10 PM
one Preseason game doesn't determine a starter.

The_Philster
08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
one Preseason game doesn't determine a starter.
no..but Losman put himself ahead in the race to be the starter

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
no..but Losman put himself ahead in the race to be the starter

but is he consistent enough?we'll see....

YardRat
08-14-2006, 04:57 PM
JP has the edge because he outperformed Holcomb in game 1, and has the first chance this Friday to prove he's the better QB.

He hasn't earned the job yet, but at this point he's ahead.

don137
08-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Losman has looked better than last year, but he still has a long way to go...I personally feel he has played much better than Holcomb but he has not played well enough to think he can give us the first reliable QB since Kelly. IMO Holcomb lost the starting position more than Losman has won it. Judging by the results it is a mixed opinion

Kerr
08-14-2006, 05:55 PM
I want jp as the starter, he has the most talent. Next game will be his chance to run away with the qb spot. He'll have the start and starters with him against a pretty good bengals defense. Gameplans will be vanilla, but all he has to do is fix his problem with his feet to run away with the qb spot.

raphael120
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
when you have holcomb, nall, and losman...its not whos the best, but who doesn't totally stink it up on the field as much.

Jeff1220
08-14-2006, 09:06 PM
One thing that I can say about JP's performance is that, in that game, he looked like he will get better with more time on the field. The more he sees the field, the more comfortable he'll be, and it sounds like the coaches are thinking the same way.

feelthepain
08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
If I were a Bill fan I'd have to wonder why Holcomb was choosen to be the starter against probably the best D's in the league. JP then comes in and plays nearly the whole game, but couldn't manage more then 150 yrds and no TD's against the backups in Carolina for the majority of the time he was in. I know JP didn't have all his starters either, but he couldn't even get one touchdown in the game. You know by the 4th qrt, he should have been able to eaisly score on the 3rd team the Panthers had on the field if infact JP is truly a starting caliber QB, but he didn't. By that point in the game even if your playing 3rd team on 3rd team the O should score at some point. I'm not trashing the Bills, but one throwing TD at some point JP was in the game would have helped his cause.

Kerr
08-14-2006, 11:18 PM
If I were a Bill fan I'd have to wonder why Holcomb was choosen to be the starter against probably the best D's in the league. JP then comes in and plays nearly the whole game, but couldn't manage more then 150 yrds and no TD's against the backups in Carolina for the majority of the time he was in. I know JP didn't have all his starters either, but he couldn't even get one touchdown in the game. You know by the 4th qrt, he should have been able to eaisly score on the 3rd team the Panthers had on the field if infact JP is truly a starting caliber QB, but he didn't. By that point in the game even if your playing 3rd team on 3rd team the O should score at some point. I'm not trashing the Bills, but one throwing TD at some point JP was in the game would have helped his cause.

This was my criticism of jp in that game. His numbers may have been impressive, but the points on the board while he's in there is what really counts and were absent.

Michael82
08-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Losman has the edge because he has been better than Kelly Holcomb 90% of the Training Camp practices. Plus he was a lot better in the game. IMO, he won the Quarterback competition fair and square and now it's up to him to not to **** up in the next 2 preseason games.

Patti120
08-15-2006, 07:57 AM

Exactly, I hope JP gets better the more he plays, but there is a lot of truth to this statement.

Jan Reimers
08-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I choose options A & B
Exactly. It's a combination of the two.

ICE74129
08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
he has the edge because he is the best QB on the roster.