PDA

View Full Version : JP takes majority of first team reps in AM walkthrough

BidsJr
08-14-2006, 12:59 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3977

Losman took the majority of the first team reps during the morning walk through today, but he's not reading any meaning into those reps coming off of his preseason game performance.

"I don't know what the coaches are thinking," said Losman. "There was good and bad. I played a little bit more so I probably had more opportunity to do some good. This week we just need to pick it up and keep moving forward and get better. There are no steps back from here."
:dance:

MTBillsFan
08-14-2006, 01:07 PM
GOOD! Holcumb looked like a rookie out there in the first few series against Carolina. TOO many mistakes for a vetern QB.
JP looked solid. Way too many dropped passes by our team!

John Doe
08-14-2006, 03:09 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3977

Losman took the majority of the first team reps during the morning walk through today, but he's not reading any meaning into those reps coming off of his preseason game performance.

"I don't know what the coaches are thinking," said Losman. "There was good and bad. I played a little bit more so I probably had more opportunity to do some good. This week we just need to pick it up and keep moving forward and get better. There are no steps back from here."
:dance:

In case anyone is still wondering about it, Jauron has set Losman up to succeed, not fail.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
He gets to start at home, against a weaker defense, has the better part of a preseason game under his belt, he is getting more reps in practice, and the offensive line has more time to come together.<o:p></o:p>
I can’t see how anyone could argue that Losman has been treated unfairly by this coaching staff.<o:p></o:p>

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 03:16 PM
In case anyone is still wondering about it, Jauron has set Losman up to succeed, not fail.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
He gets to start at home, against a weaker defense, has the better part of a preseason game under his belt, he is getting more reps in practice, and the offensive line has more time to come together.<o:p></o:p>
I can’t see how anyone could argue that Losman has been treated unfairly by this coaching staff.<o:p></o:p>

this coaching staff, no.

Now, the previous coaching staff...

ScottLawrence
08-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Holcomb looked like crap, as did the O-Line, but don't tell me Losman looked good.

He hardly looked good, or even decent.

He skipped at least 5 balls, and still sucks at the intermidiate passes.

The offensive unit as a whole looked pretty bad.

The last buffalo fan
08-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Holcomb looked like crap, as did the O-Line, but don't tell me Losman looked good.

Losman looked good.

L.A. Playa
08-14-2006, 03:43 PM
he said dont tell him that

L.A. Playa
08-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Losman looked like a starting QB

The_Philster
08-14-2006, 03:44 PM
he said dont tell him that He didn't say please so it doesn't count

TigerJ
08-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Losman started very slow and got better. Average it out and he probably deserves a "C." Nobody's arguing that he does not have a long way to go. Most of Losman's supporters, myself included, simply argue that between Losman and Holcomb, there's one guy who might have upside, and one who does not. The guy who started the game does not.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 03:46 PM
i hope that holcomb can show improve to keep pushing losman.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 03:47 PM
i hope that holcomb can show improvement to keep pushing losman.

that's better. :up:

Philagape
i hope that holcomb can show improve to keep pushing losman.

That's what Nall is for.

Meathead
it appears to me that have been exceedingly fair to both qbs over the course of camp so far

holcomb started camp as 1a based on seniority, but definitely laid a turd sat and that certainly sets him back. that happens. jp wasnt good but he didnt screw the pooch so hes now 1a

jp could go in friday and crap the bed putting them dead even again

i would continue but im out of metaphors

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 03:54 PM
That's what Nall is for.

when he gets back,i hope he does the same. :up:

Philagape
08-14-2006, 03:57 PM
He didn't say please so it doesn't count

Losman haters don't count anyway.

:lolpoint: haters

YardRat
08-14-2006, 04:47 PM
I would think Losman getting more reps than Holcomb with the first team has more to do with the fact he's starting the next game, as opposed to a 'reward' for how he played Saturday night.

Holcomb start = more reps, JP start = more reps. Makes sense to me.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 04:57 PM

he was far from perfect but he showed a lot of improvement over where he was last year and played a much stronger game than Holcomb. He also showed something Holcomb completely lacks: Playmaking ability. He made something out of nothing several times and showed elusiveness without flailing wrecklessly around the backfield like he did last year.

Again, he has a long way to go but he's headed in the right direction.

X-Era
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I would think Losman getting more reps than Holcomb with the first team has more to do with the fact he's starting the next game, as opposed to a 'reward' for how he played Saturday night.

Holcomb start = more reps, JP start = more reps. Makes sense to me.

Id LIKE to disagree but its a logical conclusions that
is not refuted by ANY official comments.

It could very well be true.

However, theres no way around that Holcomb lost a ton of ground on Losman.

Losman needs just a decent showing, maybe even worse than the Panth game to cement down that its HIS job. Again providing we dont see role reversal and Holcomb only looks as good as average.