PDA

View Full Version : Nall will be back by friday and wants to play ball!

Mitchy moo
08-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Buffalo Bills quarterback Craig Nall, who has been sidelined nearly two weeks with a hamstring injury, will return to work today on a limited basis when the Bills conduct a night practice at St. John Fisher College.

"If everything goes well this week I should be able to play (Friday against Cincinnati) and show what I can do," said Nall, who sat out Buffalo's preseason opener against Carolina Saturday.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060814/SPORTS/608150308

Saratoga Slim
08-14-2006, 01:54 PM
i feel bad for the guy. I think he probably has missed his chance on this one.

ublinkwescore
08-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Too bad, this is Losman's team.

Kerr
08-14-2006, 01:56 PM
nall stinks.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 01:59 PM
nall stinks.

that's true, but as far as third stringers go he can't be as bad as Kliff Kingsbury. I wasn't expecting much when he came in and he still let me down.

ZacGriffi~82
08-14-2006, 02:00 PM
how do you know?

edit: directed towards kerr

TacklingDummy
08-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Im hoping when Nall plays he show's us more then the other 3 QBs did last game. If not this is going to be a long year.

YardRat
08-14-2006, 03:03 PM
I hope to see Nall get some game action this Friday...Let's see what he has.

Meathead
08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
did you notice they had him spelled as McNall at first? lol they changed it

i still have the window open it says "Bills' McNall hopes to play Friday" but im too lazy to show it so buh bye

X-Era
08-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Buffalo Bills quarterback Craig Nall, who has been sidelined nearly two weeks with a hamstring injury, will return to work today on a limited basis when the Bills conduct a night practice at St. John Fisher College.

"If everything goes well this week I should be able to play (Friday against Cincinnati) and show what I can do," said Nall, who sat out Buffalo's preseason opener against Carolina Saturday.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060814/SPORTS/608150308

OK, he can be our backup behind Losman.

Weve got some other guy that throws for 3 and outs and short INT's for TD's

Mitchy moo
08-15-2006, 08:09 AM
So Nall is as good as KH?

BillsFever21
08-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Hopefully Nall can beat out Holcomb for the #2 spot. I don't want Holcomb anywhere near this team. If he's not gonna be starting then I'd rather see him released. He will only cause problems like he did last year over his jealousy and not being satisfied and knowing his role.

Kerr
08-15-2006, 09:24 AM
So Nall is as good as KH?

maybe.

Michael82
08-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Nall has no chance.

Mitchy moo
08-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Nall has no chance.

KH lost his confidence, would you like to amend this statement?

mysticsoto
08-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Hopefully Nall can beat out Holcomb for the #2 spot. I don't want Holcomb anywhere near this team. If he's not gonna be starting then I'd rather see him released. He will only cause problems like he did last year over his jealousy and not being satisfied and knowing his role.

I want Nall to beat Holcomb out also - but for different reasons. It is clear to me that Holcomb just doesn't have the physical assets to be a starter in this league. In this way, he is very much like dough boy. It doesn't help that he's getting older right now. Nall clearly has some arm strength and therefore is better suited to be a backup and possibly even contend. Additionally, he gives JP competition in that he can't get laxed or his job could be taken. Holcomb clearly just doesn't have enough mustard to take the job away. Knowledge is a big part of football, but it is not the only part or Jerry Rice would still be playing. Your own physical assets must be top notch or you just won't cut it. And right now, Holcomb fails miserably in that category and...perhaps I may just have him too much on my focus, but his physical skills appear to be deteriorating to me! I watch his interception over and over, and it appears to me that a high school cornerback would have intercepted that!!!

Holcomb is a serviceable 3rd string until we draft someone new next year. If JP doesn't pan out, we are forced to draft someone high in the 1st rd. If he does begin to develop, a 3rd or 4th rd prospect might be a good idea to develop later. I personally don't see Holcomb remaining on the team for more than 2-3 yrs at the most.

djjimkelly
08-17-2006, 01:58 PM
"My goal is still attainable of being the starter here," Nall said. "So I'm going out there playing like I'm going to be the starter and if it doesn't happen then oh well. But I'm going to go out there with the same mindset that I brought into camp that I'm the guy and if it happens great, if not I'll keep plugging until it does."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3993

sounds like he really wants it with comments like oh well and if it happens. this guy is never gonna be starter material which is fine by me.

i want him to unseat homcomb for the #2 job so we can cut holcomb

djjimkelly
08-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Holcomb is a serviceable 3rd string until we draft someone new next year. If JP doesn't pan out, we are forced to draft someone high in the 1st rd. If he does begin to develop, a 3rd or 4th rd prospect might be a good idea to develop later. I personally don't see Holcomb remaining on the team for more than 2-3 yrs at the most.

if holcomb becomes 3rd stringer 2 mil for a 3rd stringer wont happen he will be cut and good ridance!