PDA

View Full Version : O-Line needs to replace #58 to become better unit

bigbub2352
08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
He may have had his day in Chicago, but since coming over here 3 years ago, he has been consistent with one thing, landing on the IR, he is hurt again after his first preseason game, didnt go thru the walk thru, i am sure it is something minor but, i dont think the guy played a full game last year, with the emergence of Aaron Gibson as a depth player, i think it is time for the Bills to cut this guy he is 33 and is showing it.
He doesnt have the movement to pull anymore, he gets bull rushed easily and he looks real stiff and i just think with a kid like Duke on the bench who is young atletic and not making 3 million a year to play half a season the time to switch them is now so they can gel and build as a unit

Sorry but we need to improve not hold on to aging players who make things worse by being in there,

next thread Troy Vincent keep or stay...

YardRat
08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Preston may very well be the starter at RG this year.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Not sure if Duke Preston is ready but Villarial has to go if this OL is ever going to be the force it needs to be.

bigbub2352
08-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Also he is constantly coming in and out of games, just think we could have easily got a top teir guard for that kinda of money not a injury prone OL, anyway i believe it is time to see what we got with Duke he played in like 15 games last year spelling Chris and i think he played well in the first preseason game, i noticed him trap and pull effectively a few times, as well as Melvin Fowler

don137
08-14-2006, 03:16 PM
I was not a fan of #58 ever since that first game of the 2004 season when he was called for holding on 3rd down when the Bills converted on a Henry run but then failed to convert the 3rd down and the Bills punted and the Jaguars came back to win the game. Had there been no penalty then the Bills would of ran out the clock. The loss was not all his fault because the defense choke but thanks to him for putting us in that position. He has done nothing for me since to change my opinion of him either.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 03:22 PM
I was never a big fan but I really soured on him during the Denver game last year. On the last Bills drive before halftime, he got a false start, a personal foul, and gave up a sack. He just imploded.

The only redeeming factor was that our seats were directly over the tunnel, one row back, so I said a lot of things to him that would show up as a bunch of asterisks on this website when he left the field for halftime.

Kerr
villariel stinks. Cut him.

bigbub2352
i agree, and if he doesnt stall because of a penalty he will stall it coming off the feild from being hurt

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2006, 03:23 PM
I have heard Preston has stunk it up in the Preseason. Why cut Villareal keep him for depth at the very least.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 03:40 PM
our OL has been an eyesore for the longest time.just think of how many draft picks we p!$$ed away with johnson,bledsoe,and losman.our OL could be somewhat respectable if we had them.then again,Donna Ho would have drafted WR's with them.

Nighthawk
08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
He may have had his day in Chicago, but since coming over here 3 years ago, he has been consistent with one thing, landing on the IR, he is hurt again after his first preseason game, didnt go thru the walk thru, i am sure it is something minor but, i dont think the guy played a full game last year, with the emergence of Aaron Gibson as a depth player, i think it is time for the Bills to cut this guy he is 33 and is showing it.
He doesnt have the movement to pull anymore, he gets bull rushed easily and he looks real stiff and i just think with a kid like Duke on the bench who is young atletic and not making 3 million a year to play half a season the time to switch them is now so they can gel and build as a unit

Sorry but we need to improve not hold on to aging players who make things worse by being in there,

next thread Troy Vincent keep or stay...

I agree...Villarial is looking worse and worse everytime I see him play. Put the younger guy who has a little more mobility. What could it hurt?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-14-2006, 06:47 PM
NOT! going to happen Villarrial is Jauron's pet, Villarrial was with Jauron when he coached the Bears. Jauron is not going to cut him

Dozerdog
08-14-2006, 07:09 PM
NOT! going to happen Villarrial is Jauron's pet, Villarrial was with Jauron when he coached the Bears. Jauron is not going to cut himOh here we go again with the goofy conspiracy theories.

Pu tthat up with Holcomb will start because he's jauron's favorite. ..:blah:... :blah:...:blah:... :blah:

Dozerdog
08-14-2006, 07:11 PM
A-Train played for Jauron...He'll be the starter over McGahee too. Shane Matthews played for Jauron. Maybe they will bring him back from the dead.

I think the best performing players will play. Ever go with the obvious theories???

bigbub2352
08-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I agree, you could see alan ricard replace useless shelton, and Duke replace Chris and just thin we would be better off

North_Coast
08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Even if Preston replaces Villarial as the starter, the Bills aren't likely to cut him simply because they need depth on the oline. Duh ... do some of you even understand the concept of depth because all you some of you want to do is "cut" players without regard for the need for subs?

North_Coast
08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
our OL has been an eyesore for the longest time.just think of how many draft picks we p!$$ed away with johnson,bledsoe,and losman.our OL could be somewhat respectable if we had them.then again,Donna Ho would have drafted WR's with them.

Ummm... Rob Johnson was NOT Donahoe's pick. He was John Butler's.

bigbub2352
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Exactly what kinda of depth are you speaking of, because last time i checked we had to make sure we had depth behind Chris, he is always hurt and coming off the feild, so what you are saying North Coast is that u want a 33 year old making 3million a year who hasnt finished a game in the last 15 as your main source of depth, huh that sounds like a good idea, i guess Aaron Gibson, Greg Jerman, Aaron Merz, Justin Geislinger, Dylan Mcfarland, and Duke Preston is not enough depth maybe add a veteran guard from the second or third round of cuts form other teams for depth as well hell of alot cheaper than 3 million

ICE74129
08-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh here we go again with the goofy conspiracy theories.

Pu tthat up with Holcomb will start because he's jauron's favorite. ..:blah:... :blah:...:blah:... :blah:

He was his favorite but holcomb is holcomb and has failed. He has no choice but to play JP. When he wakes up and replaces Villarial we will start improving

djjimkelly
08-15-2006, 11:00 AM
not to mention ive heard villarial is the most vocal holcomb supporter on the team maybe when they cut holcomb in a couple weeks villarial can follow right behind him!!!

Dozerdog
08-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I agree, you could see alan ricard replace useless shelton, and Duke replace Chris and just thin we would be better offShelton played for Jauron in Chicago- he's his favorite......

....Duuuhhhh...hey conspiracy theorists- see how dumb this sounds?

Dozerdog
08-15-2006, 05:26 PM
He was his favorite but holcomb is holcomb and has failed. He has no choice but to play JP. When he wakes up and replaces Villarial we will start improving

:rofl: ....and now follow me here Ice, don't want to lose you if I type too fast........

......And If Villarial doesn't play as well as Preston, he won't replace him like he replaced Holcomb?

If you mean Jauron plays "favorites" ...if you mean the top performing player turns into his "favorite"...then yes Jauron favors the best performing player on the roster at that position. :dizzy:

Can you give me ONE SINGLE REASON why he would want to have someone start who isn't performing the best on the team? Can you come up with A SINGLE LOGICAL REASON why a player who is 2nd or third best at the position on the tream would be named a starter?

What would the motivation be? Ya gotta come up wiith something better than "Duhhh..just because...duuuuuhhhhhhh....."

bigbub2352
08-16-2006, 10:34 AM
I dont think Jauron will play favorites, and i really hope he replaces one dimensional Shelton as well

Mr. Cynical
08-16-2006, 08:05 PM

Agreed. Right now, I could care less if every one of our OL took a hike.

Mr. Cynical
08-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Can you come up with A SINGLE LOGICAL REASON why a player who is 2nd or third best at the position on the tream would be named a starter?

Seems to me that part of what separates a good HC from a bad one is deciding who are the best players to play. So if he isn't a good HC, he will start players that shouldn't be starting.

Pretty simple to me actually. :idunno:

Dozerdog
08-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Seems to me that part of what separates a good HC from a bad one is deciding who are the best players to play. So if he isn't a good HC, he will start players that shouldn't be starting.

Pretty simple to me actually. :idunno:

And you know for a fact Villarrial

a) Is playing worse in camp than any other guard

b) will start the season if there is a player performing better than he is in camp.

You got all that from your couch, eh?

Stick to the Dick sucks puns- until they actually play some games you're uneducaded guesses are as good as any one else's uneducated guesses.

Ther best performing guard (or any other position) will win the starter's job.
I've seen a lot of ******ed reasons why (Fill in player X) will win (Fill in position x) because Jauron is a poopy head.

Mr. Cynical
08-16-2006, 09:23 PM
And you know for a fact Villarrial

a) Is playing worse in camp than any other guard

b) will start the season if there is a player performing better than he is in camp.

You got all that from your couch, eh?

Show me where I said he will start for a FACT if there is a player performing better than him. I'll save you the time - you can't because I never did. You asked for a logical reason why a player who is not as good as another player would start, and I said that if an HC is not a very good one, he could very easily start the wrong player. Happens all the time with bad HCs.

you're uneducaded guesses are as good as any one else's uneducated guesses.

First thing you've said that makes sense.

Ther best performing guard (or any other position) will win the starter's job.

Ah ok. Know that for a FACT, do you?

Pot, meet kettle.

One more time...if an HC is crap, he will make crap decisions. His definition of "best performer" will differ from how a good HC defines it. Therefore....the best player in reality MAY NOT start.

John Doe
08-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Agreed. Right now, I could care less if every one of our OL took a hike.

Do you really feel that this would help the team? Where would we find replacements?

One more time...if an HC is crap, he will make crap decisions. His definition of "best performer" will differ from how a good HC defines it. Therefore....the best player in reality MAY NOT start.

Do you feel that Jauron is a bad coach because he is starting the wrong players?

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Do you feel that Jauron is a bad coach because he is starting the wrong players?

Partly, yes. He should have had JP starting from Day 1. But primarily I think Dick is a bad coach because of his record as HC, his record as DC, comments/analysis from the Bears fanbase/media and his overall demeanor. He will not be here after 3 years IMO.