X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

O-Line needs to replace #58 to become better unit

He may have had his day in Chicago, but since coming over here 3 years ago, he has been consistent with one thing, landing on the IR, he is hurt again after his first preseason game, didnt go thru the walk thru, i am sure it is something minor but, i dont think the guy played a full game last year, with the emergence of Aaron Gibson as a depth player, i think it is time for the Bills to cut this guy he is 33 and is showing it.
    He doesnt have the movement to pull anymore, he gets bull rushed easily and he looks real stiff and i just think with a kid like Duke on the bench who is young atletic and not making 3 million a year to play half a season the time to switch them is now so they can gel and build as a unit

Sorry but we need to improve not hold on to aging players who make things worse by being in there,

next thread Troy Vincent keep or stay...
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: O-Line needs to replace #58 to become better unit

Preston may very well be the starter at RG this year.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Not sure if Duke Preston is ready but Villarial has to go if this OL is ever going to be the force it needs to be.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Also he is constantly coming in and out of games, just think we could have easily got a top teir guard for that kinda of money not a injury prone OL, anyway i believe it is time to see what we got with Duke he played in like 15 games last year spelling Chris and i think he played well in the first preseason game, i noticed him trap and pull effectively a few times, as well as Melvin Fowler
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

I was not a fan of #58 ever since that first game of the 2004 season when he was called for holding on 3rd down when the Bills converted on a Henry run but then failed to convert the 3rd down and the Bills punted and the Jaguars came back to win the game. Had there been no penalty then the Bills would of ran out the clock. The loss was not all his fault because the defense choke but thanks to him for putting us in that position. He has done nothing for me since to change my opinion of him either.
          Last edited by don137; 08-14-2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I was never a big fan but I really soured on him during the Denver game last year. On the last Bills drive before halftime, he got a false start, a personal foul, and gave up a sack. He just imploded.

The only redeeming factor was that our seats were directly over the tunnel, one row back, so I said a lot of things to him that would show up as a bunch of asterisks on this website when he left the field for halftime.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

villariel stinks. Cut him.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

i agree, and if he doesnt stall because of a penalty he will stall it coming off the feild from being hurt
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

I have heard Preston has stunk it up in the Preseason. Why cut Villareal keep him for depth at the very least.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

our OL has been an eyesore for the longest time.just think of how many draft picks we p!$$ed away with johnson,bledsoe,and losman.our OL could be somewhat respectable if we had them.then again,Donna Ho would have drafted WR's with them.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                      He may have had his day in Chicago, but since coming over here 3 years ago, he has been consistent with one thing, landing on the IR, he is hurt again after his first preseason game, didnt go thru the walk thru, i am sure it is something minor but, i dont think the guy played a full game last year, with the emergence of Aaron Gibson as a depth player, i think it is time for the Bills to cut this guy he is 33 and is showing it.
                      He doesnt have the movement to pull anymore, he gets bull rushed easily and he looks real stiff and i just think with a kid like Duke on the bench who is young atletic and not making 3 million a year to play half a season the time to switch them is now so they can gel and build as a unit

Sorry but we need to improve not hold on to aging players who make things worse by being in there,

next thread Troy Vincent keep or stay...
                      I agree...Villarial is looking worse and worse everytime I see him play. Put the younger guy who has a little more mobility. What could it hurt?

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

NOT! going to happen Villarrial is Jauron's pet, Villarrial was with Jauron when he coached the Bears. Jauron is not going to cut him

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          NOT! going to happen Villarrial is Jauron's pet, Villarrial was with Jauron when he coached the Bears. Jauron is not going to cut him
                          Oh here we go again with the goofy conspiracy theories.

Pu tthat up with Holcomb will start because he's jauron's favorite. ..... ......

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

A-Train played for Jauron...He'll be the starter over McGahee too. Shane Matthews played for Jauron. Maybe they will bring him back from the dead.

I think the best performing players will play. Ever go with the obvious theories???

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

I agree, you could see alan ricard replace useless shelton, and Duke replace Chris and just thin we would be better off
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X