PDA

View Full Version : Defense

JPFBillsFan
08-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Being in Houston its hard to see regular season games, let along preseason..
I want to know how our Defense did vs Carolina?
All I know is McGee got lit, Kyle Williams was the bomb, no one saw McCargo...
How did Vincent the bumb do? Fletcher? Crowell? Schobel...
Can someone update me on the defense?

Devin
08-14-2006, 03:08 PM
well they only scored 14 points and 7 of those were a gift. Our defense wasnt half bad. They gave up the big plays here and there but pretty much held them most the night.

Our DL was the surprise. Williams had a great game and Denney was a one man wrecking crew.

Overall id say it wasnt to bad considering it was Carolina. Now that being said Steve Smith didnt play....so who knows.

OpIv37
08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Crowell was in on a few tackles but had no big plays. Fletch was pretty much a non-factor- I think the LB's are still really unsure of what their role is in the new defensive system.

I don't remember Vincent getting burned or anything but I don't remember seeing him do anything too spectacular either. The safety help was late a couple of times but with the angles they showed on TV it was hard to tell if it was Vincent, Whitner or Bowen.

Bowen was like a heat-seeking missile on running plays before he got hurt.

All of our DB's can make great open field tackles.

I don't recall Schobel doing anything much either but Ryan Denney had a few decent plays- he wasn't spectacular but I was expecting him to suck so he exceeded my expectations.

The Run D was starting to come together- the pass rush was getting some penetration but generally not in time to pressure the QB.

mchurchfie
08-14-2006, 03:48 PM
I thought the defense looked good even though Carolina walked right down the field on them in the first series. They were victims of some welled timed, pinpoint passes by the QB. This defense looks much more stable than Jerry Gray's rambling gambling defenses. I think that they are going to have a decent year.

Dozerdog
08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
First team (minus Spikes) and with Bowen at safety instead of Whitner was run over by Carolina's first unit on the first two drives. After that, we settled in nicely. They gave up some yards, but managed to create a number of turnovers.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 03:53 PM
i hope mcgee can rebound.he looked like crap.

The last buffalo fan
08-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Somebody said perfectly, young people playing a new system, at a first preseason game. The result?? It was nothing but OUTSTANDING.

I'm not ready to give them a top 10 spot yet, but we will be in the middle of 15 and 20. Please somebody mark my words.