PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something? Losman had a very good game.

X-Era
08-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Im looking at post by ScottLawrence and others and the POSTS are ignorrant IMO.

Im watching the game right now on NLFN and Losman gets sacked, after butsing lose from the first pass rush wave, then the next play drills one to Aiken for over 20 yards and a 1st down. In the next few plays, the C snaps it over Losmans head, he catches it and drills it into double coverage and hits Aiken who would have busted it for LONG yardage but its called back on illegal procedure.

Last time I checked, Id rather have a playmaker making plays DESPITE his teammates mistakes than a QB throwing 3 yards and making mistakes all on his own.

Losman has this job under wraps.

Ebenezer
08-14-2006, 04:04 PM
he did well against 2nd and 3rd teamers...let's see what he would have brought against Peppers & Co. He has three preseason games to get ready for the real games.

The_Philster
08-14-2006, 04:04 PM
some people let their hatred overrule what their eyes see

The_Philster
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
he did well against 2nd and 3rd teamers...let's see what he would have brought against Peppers & Co. He has three preseason games to get ready for the real games.
while it's true that he was playing against reserves, he had reserves helping him as well. That almost balances out, IMO. The big thing to be considered, no matter the level of competition...was the decision-making..and he did well in that area, IMO.

Ebenezer
08-14-2006, 04:07 PM
while it's true that he was playing against reserves, he had reserves helping him as well. That almost balances out, IMO. The big thing to be considered, no matter the level of competition...was the decision-making..and he did well in that area, IMO.
all that means is that our backups can contain their backups (and he was still sacked 5 times)...it tells us nothing about the starters or how he will do with them. We can take nothing from Saturday's game.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 04:09 PM
didn't losman start the game like 2 for 11 or something?losman didn't look THAT good.he needs to show more consistency.

MTBillsFan
08-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Lots of mistakes at some key times. At least two drives stopped by penalties while the resulting play would've been a 1st down. We can't keep doin that. But after all, it was the first game of the pre-season and Losman looked pretty darn good. I feel much more comfortable with him at the helm.

X-Era
08-14-2006, 04:21 PM

2nd and 3rd teamers who managed to get in his face only to watch Losman drill it in to his covered 2nd or 3rd team WR.

And in the play I mentioned, those 2nd or 3rd team D players had WHAT exactly to do with JP catching his centers high ball and drilling it in to double coverage?

I think we should do a better job of evaluating here. Theres plays where Losman makes a great play taking advantage of 2nd or 3rd teamers. Im not talking to those plays at all. In fact Im talking about Losman making up for having OUR 2nd and 3rd teamers in front of him, something that Holcomb couldnt manage to do when he was given the keys to the starters.

Mudflap1
08-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Let's not get carried away. Holcomb looked awful, J.P. looked pretty good at times, and a little bit inconsistent/rattled at other times. Overall though, he was much better than last year, and wasn't making as many bonehead type plays as last year.

One game at a time, one week at a time. Let's see how he does Friday.

Jon

YardRat
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
didn't losman start the game like 2 for 11 or something?losman didn't look THAT good.he needs to show more consistency.

2 for 7.
3 for four in the two-minute drill.
5-11 for the half.

In the next few plays, the C snaps it over Losmans head, he catches it and drills it into double coverage and hits Aiken who would have busted it for LONG yardage but its called back on illegal procedure.

I'm not as enamored with that individual play as some are...it looked to me like the DB's were letting up due to the whistle. It was a nice pass...on target and with some balls behind it...but I'd have to see it again to determine that it wouldn't have been batted down or picked.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2006, 05:41 PM
2 for 7.
3 for four in the two-minute drill.
5-11 for the half.

i knew he got off to a bad start.let's just hope that he can carry it over into the next game. :up:

Yasgur's Farm
08-14-2006, 06:22 PM
i knew he got off to a bad start.let's just hope that he can carry it over into the next game. :up:10 of 13 the 2nd half

X-Era
08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
i knew he got off to a bad start.let's just hope that he can carry it over into the next game. :up:

Yeah right, lets HOPE that our only hope for the future screws up big time.

Good call!

Typ0
08-14-2006, 06:40 PM
2nd and 3rd teamers who managed to get in his face only to watch Losman drill it in to his covered 2nd or 3rd team WR.

And in the play I mentioned, those 2nd or 3rd team D players had WHAT exactly to do with JP catching his centers high ball and drilling it in to double coverage?

I think we should do a better job of evaluating here. Theres plays where Losman makes a great play taking advantage of 2nd or 3rd teamers. Im not talking to those plays at all. In fact Im talking about Losman making up for having OUR 2nd and 3rd teamers in front of him, something that Holcomb couldnt manage to do when he was given the keys to the starters.

I guess those throws to wide open receivers that bounced off the turf don't count either. If you take away his worst plays of course he's going to look good. Welcome back WYS.